Awoo.

Underrated Sonic Games

Konata1000

Sonic Jam

I don't understand WHY THE HELL this title is hated. It's a collection of the Genesis classics that we like along with some official artwork and a little hub world you run around in called Sonic Worlds with fun mini games, secrets, little houses with things like character bios.ect PLUS the Sonic and Tails models in Sonic Worlds are very good and look a bit like the Sonic R models which are also very good. Not only does this game have the Genesis classics but they also have Easy and Hard modes you can select which add more to the games and are interesting to explore through. This game also has secrets hidden around in Sonic Worlds such as How to get D-Bug Mode (which would have been very useful in the 1990's) and if I'm correct this collection is the one and only that has ever allowed you to use D-Bug Mode and the only one to have one bit of Sega Sonic the Hedgehog or Knuckles Chaotix featured in it, and I'm pretty sure the only one to feature The Blue Sphere Game. So don't ask me why people hate this game.

Sonic 3D Blast

You could only hate Sonic 3D Blast if you're another one of those Sonic fan tards that only want constant speed. Sonic 3D Blast had an outstanding soundtrack, very addictive, awesome, and fun game play, the special stages were fun and short, the new flicky collecting gimmick was fun, the bosses are outstanding, and it even featured a couple new shields, like the Sega Saturn port had a homing attack electric shield. In all honestly, they should keep the homing attack in the shield from Sonic 3D Blast's Sega Saturn port instead of making it a cheap and glitchy ability like in Sonic 4 (which, sucked ass). The homing attack should be something you have to earn, like the flame shield and bubble shield from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Knuckles Chaotix

Knuckles Chaotix is a great game, I don't know how you could hate it. Knuckles Chaotix has awesome level design, very good physics, and a soundtrack that is one of the best in the series. Some complain that the game is bad because of the ring gimmick and the fact that Sonic and Tails aren't playable characters in the game, but those reasons are pretty stupid. This game features an awesome set of characters and each of them have their own abilities. Knuckles can glide and climb, Charmy can fly infinitely, Vector can air dash and climb, Espio can walk or run on walls and ceilings, Mighty can stick to walls and wall jump, Bomb can explode (and is good if you want a light partner), and Heavy is useless unless if you want Knuckles Chaotix's hard mode. This game also features so much expression in the characters and I like it that way, it's kind of like Sega Sonic the Hedgehog, that game showed a shit ton of expression in Mighty, Sonic, and Ray. Also, the ring gimmick is awesome and it can benefit you ALLOT. You can grab your partner and they will spin while you hold them so you can run right into the badniks (which are very detailed and well designed in this game), get items from Monitors, and sometimes holding your partner can help you get up slopes and loops better (so the ring gimmick making it difficult to get over loops is an invalid complaint). Some also complain that your partner slows you down, which isn't true because if you make your partner "hold" while you run you go flying across the map very fast. This game also features some new Monitor items such as the blue ring, which allows you to save your rings if you get hit by a badnik, a monitor that makes you grow big, a monitor that makes you shrink, a monitor that allows you to play as your partner for a little bit, and a monitor to swap your partner with someone else for a little while. So over all, This game doesn't sound bad AT ALL.

Sonic R

OH, PLEASE. This game was the only Sonic racing game that got the concept correctly. A Sonic racing game should have Sonic and friends running on FOOT not driving in a car and ripping off Mario Kart in every part of the game *cough*Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing*cough*. Also, what most people bitch about is the music and the music is fine, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Also, the game play really isn't that good but it's still decent. This game was over all a little bit mediocre and could have used more characters like Ray, Fang, Team Chaotix.ect and allot more maps.

Sonic the Fighters

This game is mostly hated because people state that it's too easy and all you have to do is mash the A button, which is false. Bean, Bark, Amy, Tails, Espio, and especially Metal Sonic are hard as hell to beat, and that's pretty much everyone in the game. This game is pretty fun over all, it has good music, good character choices, and pretty cool levels.

Sonic Spin Ball

I don't know what's so bad about Sonic Spin Ball. It's a great pinball game with huge and fun levels and it even features the Sonic SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cast. Some people complain that the music is horrible but it's really not.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

This is the one I'm confused about the most. This game is basically a Sonic version of Tetris, kind of like Sonic Eraser. I don't see anything bad about this game. (If you know why this game is hated please let me know).

Sonic Labyrinth

Sonic Labyrinth is only hated because of "the game doesn't go fast". Sonic Labyrinth really doesn't deserve to be apart of "the worst Sonic games", the only thing I hate about it is when you spin dash you fly all over the map.

Tails Sky Patrol

Tails Sky Patrol is another one of those only hate for no speed games like Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Spin Ball. As I said for Sonic 2 on the Game Gear, this Game is just challenging as all hell and I really don't see anything wrong with it.

Tails' Adventures

YET AGAIN, another game that gets bashed on for lack of speed. This is a great game, and I really liked it. This is another I don't see anything wrong with it game.

Sonic Blast

People say Sonic Blast is only bad because "it's a slow piece of shit" when OF COURSE it's going to be slow. Sonic Blast is literally making the Game Gear shit it's pants because the graphics are kind of like Donkey Kong County's and that game is on the Super Nintendo. Sonic Blast is definitely NOT the best Classic Sonic title, no where near there, but it is a fun and short game.

Edited by Konata1000

Sonic R

OH, PLEASE. This game was the only Sonic racing game that got the concept correctly. A Sonic racing game should have Sonic and friends running on FOOT not driving in a car and ripping off Mario Kart in every part of the game *cough*Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing*cough*.

Is all of that really necessary? sleep.png Atleast Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing is still a great game. I wish I can say the same for Sonic R. The only reason why I'll play it is cause of the music.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 8

Nobody liked Black Knight but me. Satisfying swordplay. A GOOD plot with GOOD dialouge for once. Multiple playable characters. It was good, man.

• Thumbs Up 9

Nobody liked Black Knight but me. Satisfying swordplay. A GOOD plot with GOOD dialouge for once. Multiple playable characters. It was good, man.

Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight_by_BrokenTeapot.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

You could only hate Sonic 3D Blast if you're another one of those Sonic fan tards that only want constant speed. .

Yeah, I don't hate it because of the horrible controls, shit level design, bad special stages, and repetitive objective, I HATE IT BECAUSE I ONLY WANT BOOSH 2 WIN FEFEVGWEFATHGRFS

Edited by Frost
  • Thumbs Up 8

To me Knuckles Chaotix's stages were very maze like and it took way too long to finish the levels and seeing that now makes me want know why I ever wanted to play it.

Yes. Sonic 4 was indeed just as fucking boring as Knuckles Chaotix.

Please explain how Knuckles' Chaotix was boring.

An okay plot doesn't excuse it from being an unpleasant experience to me.

I liked Shuffle, it was a interesting take on the Mario Party games with giving you more control through the gems and card system. It also had a pretty good soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't understand WHY THE HELL this title is hated.

What games?

Sonic Jam

Sonic 3D Blast

Knuckles Chaotix

Sonic the Fighters

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Sonic Spin Ball

Tails Sky Patrol

Tails' Adventures

Sonic Blast

Those games are hated? Since when? Maybe one or two are disliked, but hated? Erm... I think other games get the title of that.

Since when is Mean bean Machine hated, asdie from the fact it's a complete rip off of a lesser know Japanese puzzle game, the only time I've ever seen people outrightly rage at it would be people trying to get the trophy on Mega Drive Ultimate Collection.

It's a great pinball game with huge and fun levels and it even features the Sonic SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cast. Some people complain that the music is horrible but it's really not.

No it's not a great pinball game. It's a terrible pinball game. The 'ball' doesn't go in the direction it should do had it been even a remotely accurate pinball game, even for the tech of the day it's a bad pinball game. Doesn't mean it's hated though, but it's not a good pinball game at all.

Sonic SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cast.

That isn't really a good thing.

A Sonic racing game should have Sonic and friends running on FOOT not driving in a car and ripping off Mario Kart in every part of the game *cough*Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing*cough

No it shouldn't! ASR looks ridiculous and out of place to have character running when everybody else is driving. It looks stupid for the following reasons.

1: The speed in which the legs are moving NEVER seem to match the speed of the other racers in relation to the speed you are actually traveling at..

2: The speed in which the legs are moving NEVER seem to match the speed in which your character actually travels around the course in relation to the speed your character is actually travelling at.

3: The speed in which the legs are moving NEVER seem to look right when the character hits a speed booster and rapidly accellarates..

4: The character looks ridiculous and doesn't look right at all when hit by a weapon powerup compared to a car which can easily simulate a 'spin out' the one on legs simply stops and rotates in a circle.

5: The size of the character in relation to the other races looks bloody stupid, not to mention giving them and unfair advantage for weapons fire and course navigation.

6: It looks completely ridiculous compared to everyone else.

7-10: It looks ridiculous to the point it's comical.

• Thumbs Up 8

Yeah, I don't hate it because of the horrible controls, shit level design, bad special stages, and repetitive objective, I HATE IT BECAUSE I ONLY WANT BOOSH 2 WIN FEFEVGWEFATHGRFS

I agree with you on the controls. But the special stages are good, and I never noticed anything bad about the level design. Also, saying flicky collecting is a repetitive objective is like saying Sonic in general has a repetitive objective, all you do is run around, collect rings, and go on springs.

Is all of that really necessary? sleep.png Atleast Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing is still a great game. I wish I can say the same for Sonic R. The only reason why I'll play it is cause of the music.

More like a great rip off. Sonic Shuffel is also a great rip off.

Sonic Heroes.

Good art design, great music, fun gameplay, intresting level design.....

Just a really fun game to me.

Well considering Heroes is Sonic's best selling 3D game of all time, I don't think it's that underrated.

Sonic R

OH, PLEASE. This game was the only Sonic racing game that got the concept correctly. A Sonic racing game should have Sonic and friends running on FOOT not driving in a car and ripping off Mario Kart in every part of the game *cough*Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing*cough*. Also, what most people bitch about is the music and the music is fine, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Also, the game play really isn't that good but it's still decent. This game was over all a little bit mediocre and could have used more characters like Ray, Fang, Team Chaotix.ect and allot more maps.

The difference between that and All stars racing is that All stars Racing is fun and not broken. Yeah so it's a ripoff. News flash, All kart games can be considered that. Plus it's at least more original than most. Edited by Pepsiman

I agree with you on the controls. But the special stages are good, and I never noticed anything bad about the level design. Also, saying flicky collecting is a repetitive objective is like saying Sonic in general has a repetitive objective, all you do is run around, collect rings, and go on springs.

At least the Classic's goal was fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well considering Heroes is Sonic's best selling 3D game of all time, I don't think it's that underrated.

Is that why most people I seen consider it a bad game (the worst Sonic game ever in extreme cases)?

More like a great rip off. Sonic Shuffel is also a great rip off.

So what if it is a 'rip off'? It's still a fun kart racer game that I can play other then Mario Kart.

Edited by sonfan1984

The difference between that and All stars racing is that All stars Racing is fun and not broken. Yeah so it's a ripoff. News flash, All kart games can be considered that. Plus it's at least more original than most.

You know, I could just play Mario Kart instead. It's the same game with better characters.

I'm going to say this once, and say it now. I like Sonic Labyrinth. It's a rather...decent game and I feel the only reason people hate it is because it doesn't have the tradition Sonic sense of Speed. But that's just my take on it.