Awoo.

What if Shadow Gave His Life Again?

Multikaris

Most people are complaining about how Shadow came back in Heroes and his sacrifice in SA2 was nullified. And many say SA2 was the last good Sonic game (I disagree, SA2 is 06 level dog feces). But what if Shadow sacrificed himself again, this time for good? How would you react? What would happen to Rouge and Omega?

I would be very emotional at his second sacrifice. It would be so moving to see Shadow die again, his development fulfilled.

No one would buy it, for starters. Fool me once and so on and so forth. Sega had their chance to make an emotional heroic sacrifice. They decided that ALIENS was a preferable (eventual) ending.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 6

If Shadow were to die for good? I'd ask how long until he's brought back.

As for Rouge and Omega... They'd still be around, and just as relevant. (Yeah I know)

Most people are complaining about how Shadow came back in Heroes and his sacrifice in SA2 was nullified. And many say SA2 was the last good Sonic game (I disagree, SA2 is 06 level dog feces). But what if Shadow sacrificed himself again, this time for good? How would you react? What would happen to Rouge and Omega?

I would be very emotional at his second sacrifice. It would be so moving to see Shadow die again, his development fulfilled.

Frickin' finally. Shadow is a waste of space in this franchise at this point and time.

• Thumbs Up 6

Frickin' finally. Shadow is a waste of space in this franchise at this point and time.

So like several of Sonic's friends then?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd probably just roll my eyes. It is hard to pull off a good death scene for a character who's already had one. Especially for a character who's been called immortal anyway. And the way they've been writing the games, I don't think they've got the chops to pull it off.

• Thumbs Up 3

I still say SEGA shouldn't even had bothered having him sacrifice himself in the first place. Yeah, it was a powerful ending and made the character look great -- but honestly, it was pretty obvious Shadow was going to be a popular character. It just made a lot of problems afterwards. Make a cool character, then don't try to kill him.

Edited by WIttyUsername

I'm fine with them making a cool character and then killing him as long as they have the balls to stick to it. Comic book deaths are pretty lame.

• Thumbs Up 5

I would be very emotional at his second sacrifice.

It was emotional when he died and everyone thought he wasn't coming back. The second time would be "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," essentially.

Edited by Megurine Luka

This is how they should go about it.

Eggman builds a nuke.

Nuke kills everyone except Sonic and Tails.

Franchise rebooted

The critics will never bitch again.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Shadow gave his life again

he'd be dead

Or do you want us to discuss the afterlife?

would he become a Chao? Only afterlife I've seen in Sonic so far except for the ghosts. Would he go to Dark Garden?

It would bring his rise and fall full circle by piledriving any redeemable qualities he had in his development into oblivion.

His first death was a genuinely great story moment. Killing him off again for a half-ass'd shot at winning back all his lost fans would just ruin Shadow completely.

Shadow is also the director's (Iizuka) favorite character, so I honestly doubt anything bad will happen to him.

I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd be mildly relieved. Mildly. But there's potential for any character. I'd rather he redeemed himself as a character than just died. Again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, him dying would probably mean that he would have a fairly large role in said game's story.

So, no, I wouldn't want that. I'd rather have him standing, around being useless (like smelly garbage) than have him be the center of another plot. As much as I hate the supernova of a cliche that is Shadow the Hedgehog, he is a pretty large part of Sonic's world now, and killing him would be ultimately pointless, as his only appearances are in spin-offs at this point, anyway.

So basically, it'd be like killing off Big. It's pointless and stupid, because Sonic Team probably won't be touching Shadow with a ten-foot pole any time soon, for both the facts that they're (seemingly) trying to bring Metal back, and his abysmal, titular game.

Edited by Ladies' Man Wario

Every sonic character is a walking stereo type tho, none of them are outstanding really. Sega killing off Shadow 'Again' sounds like a poor dream, it doesn't fix anything, it doesn't add anything. It only takes away another character that can be fixed with better writing, seriously what is with this fanbase and wanting to 'kill it with fire' everything they don't like?

Shadow giving his life again would be pretty pointless, what and why would he do it? Hell most of the fights that come up now only Sonic fights anyway, whats Shadow going to do run infront of Sonic and purposely jump into some random fire? The writers should stay away from any kindof story line like that until they can write a decent story 90% of the fanbase can like.

Shadow giving his life again would be pretty pointless, what and why would he do it? Hell most of the fights that come up now only Sonic fights anyway, whats Shadow going to do run infront of Sonic and purposely jump into some random fire? The writers should stay away from any kindof story line like that until they can write a decent story 90% of the fanbase can like.

Or just to be able to write something interesting in general without cutting stuff out, or holding back any degree of depth for the sake of appearing "SIMPLE".