Awoo.

Sony@TGS: Super Slim Me. Vita in the red & blue, PSP support continues in Japan because... Because Japan!

Badnik Mechanic

Sony's press conference for the Tokyo Game Show is due to go live... literally in about... oh hell right now!

PARTY THREAD! *blows a party tooter*

Doing this very quickly because I found out about this literally just a few moments ago. This is the Tokyo Game Show conference, now last year there were a few awesome reveals, however some of it was censored (Dark Souls) but we did get a few new bits of info about other games.

Big possible announcement: PS3 Price Cut/PS3 Super Slim model.

Pigs might fly announcement: The Last Guardian.

Streams, and again this is very quick as I didn't know about this until a few moments ago.

Kotaku Live Blog:

Live Stream link 1:You need to register an account (entire site is in Japanese =( ) (Stream is likely to kick out non paying users if it gets too busy... great) To get rid of the text on the live stream, there is a speach bubble icon next to the volume link, click that.

To access the live stream link, chose 'log in via facebook' your details will get entered, you then just need to pick a timezone/password for the site and type in a random answer to the 'password reminder question' That will bring up the stream. It's working for me.

Anyone got any other live stream links that work and don't require registration?

NEW PS3 Announced!

Smaller, 500GB HD

The stream isn't amazing but I was able to pick out these details.

New model will be in 250GB and 500GB. Flash memory? It will be out in December (japan) On September 25th October 4th (white model) November 25th (black model) (Kotaku claims)

Currently some news on playstation mobile/store, mentions America/Europe and Australia store.

I don't really understand why they needed to redesign the PS3, again, when the original slimline is good enough. I kind of have a feeling this is a poor attempt to garner sales during the holiday rush.

I am shocked by this announcement of a system we knew pretty much everything about 3 months ago.

3 months ago? This is my first time hearing about it and I couldn't give a shit less about it.

Do they look the same as the one from 3 months ago? It's kind of hard to tell with those photos; didn't like the aesthetics of that one either.

They're trying to nab some sales away from Nintendo. Little do they know, nobody gives a shit.

I agree, that possible the only reason. Especially since its tooting about 8x more of internal flash than the Wii U premium model.

3 months ago? This is my first time hearing about it and I couldn't give a shit less about it.

It was so obvious that Sony was going to announce a second redesign that people were surprised when Sony didn't announce it at Gamescom.

Edited by Tornado

Yea this is totally killing my Wii U hype, all I ever wanted was another PS3

The Wii Wut? When was that announced, I can't remember because this glorious new yet old as shit at the same time PS3 is erasing my memory.

*Looks at wallet of money* Yeah sorry guys. I was gonna spend you on More games and perhaps some other stuff, But DAMMIT! THIS! THIS, NEW IDEA! This is to good! It's revolutionary, It's genius! It's what mankind NEEDS! Sony, you have me sold!

The only thing I could ask for more is a bigger Xbox!

Edited by Pepsiman

But does it have Bayonetta 2?

No... the Wii-U isn't getting that until about 2014. Which seems to be the second reason people want one for some reason. *shrugs*

It's funny, because people are acting as if this isn't going to steal some of the thunder of the Wii U launch. Which it will; particularly in Japan, which always goes nuts over even the most minor of redesigns.

Try to think about this from a perspective that is at least a little objective. Thanks.

Edited by Tornado

It's funny, because people are acting as if this isn't going to steal some of the thunder of the Wii U launch. Which it will; particularly in Japan, which always goes nuts over even the most minor of redesigns.

Try to think about this from a perspective that is at least a little objective. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the impact it will have on the WiiU will be pretty small. I mean sure there will be some people that will go gaga over it like it's a new Apple product, But unlike apple, it probably won't have lines and lines of people waiting. ESPECIALLY if they've bought the original and the slim. Even in japan, this has to be a bit of a disappointment.

Not just that, they just announced what looks like another discount to the PSP, and before you all laugh or make jokes without even trying to understand the contex. In Japan, the PSP is incredibly popular. And... it comes with this character.

They've also just announced a Hatsu Miku (that popular character in Japan thats aparently huge) Vita game/model.

Because it's Bayonetta 2 and not yet another redesign of a 6 year old console.

Again. 2014 release date.

• Thumbs Up 3

Then wait and don't waste your money on another PS3? I don't know, I'm just never into this whole redesign crap, at least with home consoles where there is very little difference. It's just an attempt to breathe life into a system that's on its way out. It will have some success but, it's not going to help Sony come out of the Holiday season on top.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I'm pretty sure the impact it will have on the WiiU will be pretty small.

The Wii U will cost nearly twice as much to get the one people want, will be available in limited numbers this year and will have much the same games. As soon as the Wii U sells out, Sony just put the PS3 into a position to make an absolute killing this holiday season. And even before it does, the $200 price point is a magic number that a lot of parents (not anything remotely resembling a majority, but a not insubstantial amount) will look at and get just for convenience.

To act otherwise as most of the people in this thread have been is patently ridiculous, and I don't care how much money you've already thrown at Nintendo or how much you are anticipating a game that is a year and a half away.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 8