Awoo.

Sony@TGS: Super Slim Me. Vita in the red & blue, PSP support continues in Japan because... Because Japan!

Badnik Mechanic

Then wait and don't waste your money on another PS3? I don't know, I'm just never into this whole redesign crap, at least with home consoles where there is very little difference. It's just an attempt to breathe life into a system that's on its way out.

Are you being serious with this?

Do we really need to keep bringing up the arguments that it'll save the company loads from the manufactoring process as well as actually give people who do want a PS3 something to think about? There was a guy yesterday in the status' asking about getting a PS3 and wanting game suggestions.

It will have some success but, it's not going to help Sony come out of the Holiday season on top.

*looks around* is anyone actually arguing that it will?

Why buy ANOTHER ps3 though? Seriously? If most people in japan have the fat and Slim, why do it again? It just seems like a waste of cash.

You severely overestimate just how much market penetration the PS3 has. This is for people who were waiting for the system to get to a certain price point before they bought it. This for people who still only have a PS2 or (at most) a Wii because they couldn't afford to get anything better, and are looking to finally make the jump to an HD console.

This is not for the person who already owns a working PS3, so FUCK YEAH GO BUY ANOTHER ONE! Because that person doesn't exist anymore since Sony took the original Fat off the market, and that person isn't who Sony is targeting in the first place.

Edited by Tornado

I'm not sure who is watching the live stream and who is just commenting on one aspect of the conference so far.

But this Soul Sacrifice game thats being shown actually looks quite good. It's for Vita too.

screen_shot_2012-09-19_at_12.55.53_am.png

Just grabbing images as and when kotaku uploads them.

• Thumbs Up 1

*looks around* is anyone actually arguing that it will?

You were acting like it was the second coming in status updates, so forgive me for thinking this all just a bit ridiculous. (Also forgive me if I misinterpreted your excitement because, internet)

The Wii U will cost nearly twice as much to get the one people want, will be available in limited numbers this year and will have much the same games. As soon as the Wii U sells out, Sony just put the PS3 into a position to make an absolute killing this holiday season. And even before it does, the $200 price point is a magic number that a lot of parents (not anything remotely resembling a majority, but a not insubstantial amount) will look at and get just for convenience.

To act otherwise as most of the people in this thread have been is patently ridiculous, and I don't care how much money you've already thrown at Nintendo or how much you are anticipating a game that is a year and a half away.

So with that arguement, a kid who is only interested in Mario will have to live with the parent's decision of a cheaper console that the kid probably has no interest for. I get what your saying but that point leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Whatever then. I mean it was expected yeah. But in all honesty it doesn't really seem all that important or needed. I just don't think teh sales will be Bigger than life. Especially worldwide compared to something like The WiiU during the holidays.

But the Vitas do look inviting. I'm interested in it slightly. And the Miku bundle thing I will admit was a smart move on Sony's part.

Edited by Pepsiman

Here's the thing about that, Reznor. Parents don't do that, at least no parent I have ever met gets their kid something they don't want, just because it's cheaper than what they actually want.

Edited by King Of Awesome

So with that arguement, a kid who is only interested in Mario will have to live with the parent's decision of a cheaper console that the kid probably has no interest for. I get what your saying but that point leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Erm...yes? I had to put up with it before I had my own money.

When I was younger and my brother was still living with me, we used to argue back and forth about which console we should get after our Dreamcast. I wanted a Gamecube and he wanted an Xbox.

My mom told us to shut up and bought us a PlayStation 2. It ended up being the absolute smartest thing she could have ever done.

Parents don't do that, at least no parent I have ever met gets their kid something they don't want, just because it's cheaper than what they actually want.

See above.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 4

Don't know what type of parents you guys know but, it's a huge waste of money to buy something a kid doesn't even want.

How many kids do you think wanted a XBox and Halo 2 circa-2004 and got a Gamecube instead since it was only a C-note (and could be had with a game at some stores)? Or, hell. Five Hundred Ninety-Nine US Dollars for a PS3 in 2006, or 250 dollars for a Wii. Which does the parent get the kid who wants the new thing on the market.

A company would be crazy not to take advantage of that, and it absolutely happens every year around Christmas time.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 6

Here's the thing about that, Reznor. Parents don't do that, at least no parent I have ever met gets their kid something they don't want, just because it's cheaper than what they actually want.

I was stuck with a used PS2 for pretty much the whole 6th Gen when I really wanted a Gamecube. It happens. Not that I wasn't grateful for the PS2, and I ended up having alot of good times with it, but still.

Edited by Inferno

So, Muramasa the Demonblade is coming to the PS Vita, might pick that up, but I've yet to play it on the Wii despite having it for what I believe is going on 4 months now.

Ugh I hate it when this happens.

If anyone is wondering why the stream has cut away, they did this last year with Dark Souls, for some reasons they're not allowed to stream some games, not sure if it's an age rating thing or what. But it means you're stuck with the sound effects for a while.

Whatever it was it was a PS3/Vita game.

Edit: It was Gundam according to Kotaku.

Cross play with Vita/PSP for God Eater 2.

Urm... not heard of that game before but... alright why not?

I was stuck with a used PS2 for pretty much the whole 6th Gen when I really wanted a Gamecube. It happens. Not that I wasn't grateful for the PS2, and I ended up having alot of good times with it, but still.

The only time I've ever got stuck with something I didn't want was when I wanted Yoshi's Island for the SNES and got a Disney movie type game. other than that I would get what I wanted but would have to save up my allowances along with what my parents were willing to pay for it.

ps3supersim.jpg

8001375055_0be12360f1_z.jpg

It's 25% smaller and lighter than the current slimline model.

It's due for release in the US next week, September 25th Price will be $269. For that you get 250GB, Uncharted 3 GOTY edition and a $30 voucher for Dust 514

The 500GB version will launch on October 30th and will be priced at $299 with Uncharted 3 GOTY and the Dust 514 voucher.

The "Super Slim" will also get an Assasins Creed 3 version too, but no price has been given.

You've probably noticed that you can't buy that model seperate from the content. And you're right. At the moment you're not going to be able to, but according to the PS blog you will, price for the stand alone unit (250GB) will be $249 which doesn't yet have a release date. So they're obviously trying to go for the initial christmas markets with these bundle units.

Source

My thoughts on the design: I dunno, it looks crap yet good at the same time. I want that top part to slide to a side so you can put the disk in, but it's a tray system by the looks of it. Can't decide if I like that texture on the top of if I'd rather it be one smooth/solid shape.

*looks closer*

Urm... does anyone see an eject button? Newermind I see it now.

Also whilst this wasn't at TGS. Playstation Plus Vita details have been given out on the EU blog.Anyone who is already a member of PS+ gets the vita PSN+ for free.

It's funny, because people are acting as if this isn't going to steal some of the thunder of the Wii U launch. Which it will; particularly in Japan, which always goes nuts over even the most minor of redesigns.

Wii U is being bundled with Monster Hunter in Japan.

This is not going to steal that much of a significant thunder.