Awoo.

Arthur Appreciation Thread

Shrek

Arthur...that's my stuff right there, love it. I grew up with it, heck to this day I'd probably still be watching it.....if Regular Show didn't exist.

Lol and Arthur owning that little s*** D.W.......*Arthur puts on pimp hat and Chinchilla coat*

I Told you NOT to touch it! FEEL MY WRATH *Raises pimp hand*

Frucking epic

Edited by Extruder

I loved this show when I was younger, and I guess I find some things to like in it today as well. I don't really watch it nowadays, but it's still a cool show nonetheless.

It's funny, about a year ago I was reminded of Arthur and thought "Man, I wonder how many seasons it got?" Imagine my surprise when I found its still running.

I loved this show so much. This thread has pretty good timing since I started watching some episodes recently. Oddly enough, it's just as entertaining as I remember. Maybe it's just nostalgia though, haha. I'm kind of curious what the recent seasons are like, but I might get to that once I've rewatched the stuff from my childhood. XP

Edit: Even the theme song is nostalgic for me. Reminds me of all the mornings I watched it before going to school.

Edited by ElementofChaos7

It's funny, about a year ago I was reminded of Arthur and thought "Man, I wonder how many seasons it got?" Imagine my surprise when I found its still running.

I loved this show so much. This thread has pretty good timing since I started watching some episodes recently. Oddly enough, it's just as entertaining as I remember. Maybe it's just nostalgia though, haha. I'm kind of curious what the recent seasons are like, but I might get to that once I've rewatched the stuff from my childhood. XP

Edit: Even the theme song is nostalgic for me. Reminds me of all the mornings I watched it before going to school.

I think some of them got new voices, riot in the streets ruined 4efur

Apparently multiple voices changed at least once during the seasons I had seen (I've seen up to Season 8 I think?). I never noticed as a kid, probably would nowadays though. VA changes rarely bother me anyway, unless the new voice is REALLY bad...

erryday wen u walkin down da street

errybody dat u meet

has an original point a' view

and ay' say HEY!

what a wonderful kinda day!

we can learn to work and play!

and get along wid' each udder~

PSSSSST.. Hey D.W..!

HEY

*falls* WOOOAH oof!

this shit is hard wired into my brain, i've watched it so much.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 3

I loved this show; no, I love this show. Except for one thing. *gasp*

D.W.. I just can't stand her. For the love of God, someone put that little bitch down! She's like an animated Honey Boo-boo that doesn't go to pageants! D8<

Also, here's something that'll change things up:

• Thumbs Up 1

When I read "Arthur", I did not expect this...

I expected the Arthurian legends...

I am dissapoint ;A;

Never seen this show before.

If there is one thing I still like about Arthur now, is the fact that they don't treat you like a Dumba**. Dora: where is swiped, where us that, almost every other little kid educational program: where is, what is...

Arthur! Oh man this was my childhood, I really liked this show as a kid, the opening song (for the show) was fun and catchy, a lot of episodes were very interesting and also creative which I enjoyed and a lot of characters were very likeable...except for Muffy, she was a bit too spoilt and DW was also a bit of a brat! XD I don't watch it as much now but I do watch old episodes occasionally if I catch them on TV, I still think it's still a pretty good show.

erryday wen u walkin down da street

errybody dat u meet

has an original point a' view

and ay' say HEY!

what a wonderful kinda day!

we can learn to work and play!

and get along wid' each udder~

this shit is hard wired into my brain, i've watched it so much.

♫You got to listen to your heart!

Listen to the beat

Listen to the rhythm

the rhythm of the street

Open up your eyes, open up your ears

Get together and make things better by working together♪

Gotta love it!cool.png

Edited by Red Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe a good chunk of the series is up on Netflix, and if not, Youtube's always an option. I recently saw an episode about blogging that was actually pretty hilarious, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ex-AjkhtU

I've thought about going back and rewatching the older episodes, too. It's definitely one of those shows with lasting appeals.

If there is one thing I still like about Arthur now, is the fact that they don't treat you like a Dumba**. Dora: where is swiped, where us that, almost every other little kid educational program: where is, what is...

You do know Dora is aimed for kids a bit younger don't you?wink.png

Anyway Arthur is great, probably one of the best shows for kids right now its educational but its also entertaining.smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember learning that cancer was bad because Francine's grandfather(mother?) died from it.

Don't see this stuff on most kids shows huh?

I remember learning that cancer was bad because Francine's grandfather(mother?) died from it.

Don't see this stuff on most kids shows huh?

Nope I've only seen death on like 2 or 3 kids shows, avatar the last airbender, the OMFG awful Ben 10:alien force, can't think of any others. But the fact this is for much younger viewers, surprises me a bit, but good for them.

Nope I've only seen death on like 2 or 3 kids shows, avatar the last airbender, the OMFG awful Ben 10:alien force, can't think of any others. But the fact this is for much younger viewers, surprises me a bit, but good for them.

Both Sesame Street and Barney & Friends talked about death as well. In Sesame's case, it was the death of Mr. Hooper (the owner of Hooper's store, of course). As surprising as it is, Barney actually talked about death in an episode where Baby Bop's flower dies.

Edited by SonHOG