Awoo.

AVF's Picture Perfect Project

Badnik Mechanic

I read about this on the BBC's webste and I was curious to try it out. I've known for years that my telly isn't giving me the 'best' picture it could, however try as I might to find out I had no idea what I was doing wrong or how to get the best picture without sitting here for hours fiddling with the controls.

Whilst theres probably a number of people here who do know about this stuff and have their telly's set up perfectly... good for you.

This is for people like me that know theres something not right and want to fix it.

AVF have released a series of videos explaning how to get the 'best' possible picture in their opinion, each video explains why they think this is the best, the current problems with TV's when you buy them in the shops, and a series of easy to follow instructions as to what you should set your TV at.

I decided to give it a try... I'm only halfway through the first step and already, the difference in picture quality is incredible!

The idea behind this project is to get more people aware that their TV settings are probaby not optimised and as a result, they're loosing out on image quality. The video at the top of the topic probably explains it better than I can.

The project has also been backed by a lot of well known electronic makers including Panasonic, Sony, LG, Sharp, Loewe and Toshiba, as well as retailers (the God Damn) Argos & Richer Sounds.

Now like I said, I always knew my TV wasn't 'right' but never knew what to do, well, the website that acompanies these vids also offers a list of TV types and what settings/buttons to look for based on their advice. As I said before... I've been following the advice and I have to confess, the picture quality on my TV for watching shows/movies and gaming has improved a great deal.

Anyone fancy trying it out and seeing what the results are like?

Source: Picture Perfect site.

Edit: Should point out, their 'guide' isn't finished yet. And you NEED some materials in order to fully follow it, so read the full thing don't just follow it the moment you start.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic