Awoo.

Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles

Soniman

With so many changes, I'm not sure how to feel. I can say though that I adored the original show, so I'm definitely giving the new one a chance.

I'm seeing a "Go to Anilinks.com" banner with Naruto on it, don't know if you meant to post something else.

Oh okay, I fixed it (it wasn't showing that for me).

Edited by Soniman

I loved the show. Watched every episode. I hope this new one will be as good as the first and that they at least keep the same voice actors (seriously, the voice acting here is suberb).

By the way, a character named Ping Pong, assuming he might be oriental, isn't that racist?

Edited by Jango

Wait, is this more of a reboot rather than picking up where the show ended? It looks like Ray is back to being a regular warrior (it has been so long since I have watched this). If it is a reboot of the series then I'm a little more hesitant to watch. Also, wood!? Wouldnt a better element be like... Lightening or something?

Ugh, that animation style.

All of my want

Fucking LOVED this show as a kid. T'was dynamic and fast paced, characters were pretty likeable (Jack Spicer in particular), Shen Gong Wu had offered some really cool abilities and it was cool watching how the plot and characters developed.

Part of me is happy that the show got a revial (and seemingly out of nowhere), but another part of me is incredibly worried about the show's quality. If anything, I hope Jack Spicer will be taken more seriously this time around.

Time will tell I suppose.

No way man. Jack Spicer was a joke villain from day 1 and he should stay that way. He was an eccentric and wonderfully over the top individual. Chase Young was really the serious villain.

All I'm saying is that I recall his robots being a lot tougher and formidable, now they're just taken down in a flash.

I guess I would like JC's skills/prowess to improve along with the rest of the cast

I remember liking the original show as a kid, so I'm rather interested in this sequel series to say the least.

The page you linked us to the reboot won't go passed the loading screen for me T_T

EDIT: Did I really just misspell "linked"? Fail on my part -_-;

Edited by Miku-Miku Dazzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

I LOVED this show as a kid, with it's wonderful array of characters and quirky dialogue and all. There was just so much about it to love, especially for a kid's show.

For those the link won't load for: https://www.youtube....h?v=HtPMDi0u2XQ

My reaction to Jack Spicer's new voice:

NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCKING NO! DOUBLE NO! ALL MY NOES! That voice does NOT fit Jack at all! He sounds like he has 4Kids Tails Syndrome! Do not like! Do not want! CHANGE NOW! On a side note: Chase looks a bit feminine.

Edited by Miku-Miku Dazzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

The animation looks legit. I am pleased, well done Canada. c:

Some of the voices and the CG sequences may take some getting used too, but it's not all that bad.

Edited by Inferno

Yeah, Jack's voice is the one thing I have issue with, it's really unfitting.

Though Hui said that it was just a placeholder, so I'm hoping his voice will be much different and better.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really liked the original back in the olden days of 2005(up to whenever it ended). I am looking forward to the new series but am confused as to whether it's a reboot or a sequel.

Oh, and I really don't like Jack's new voice.

Edited by Ruby Havoc

Yeah, Jack's voice is the one thing I have issue with, it's really unfitting.

Though Hui said that [Jack Spicer's voice in the trailer] was just a placeholder, so I'm hoping his voice will be much different and better.

Just like that all my fears have vanished. *phew!*

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I love Tara Strong....Her being Jack Spicer is a big No No. at least to me.:/

Someone in the comments said that she's just a placeholder voice as of now, so that fills me with hope. With that said though, it wasn't the worst performance in the world, but her voice is too high and doesn't "fit" like the original one did.

• Thumbs Up 2

The CGI clashed a bit too much with the 2D animation for my tastes, but it could be worse. And I know it's just a placeholder, but maaaan Tara as Jack is just wrong.

Jack was the main reason I watched Xiaolin Showdown and Danny Cooksey was perfect as him. It's gonna take a while for my ears to get used to a different voice, regardless of who's doing it.

Edited by gunthetra