Awoo.

Xiaolin Showdown/Chronicles

Soniman

Jack Splicer, what have they done to your voice?!

Seriously, why isn't Danny Cooksey voice acting Jack? He was perfect for the character! Was he too busy to record for this trailer or did he completely resign from Xiaolin Showdown for some reason? I'm hoping that it's the former so we'll have the possibility of him returning, because I really don't want to see Jack voiced by somebody else... sad.png

Also, what's with this new 3D animation for the challenges? I don't remember that being in the original...

Jack Splicer, what have they done to your voice?!

Seriously, why isn't Danny Cooksey voice acting Jack? He was perfect for the character! Was he too busy to record for this trailer or did he completely resign from Xiaolin Showdown for some reason? I'm hoping that it's the former so we'll have the possibility of him returning, because I really don't want to see Jack voiced by somebody else... sad.png

Also, what's with this new 3D animation for the challenges? I don't remember that being in the original...

That's because it wasn't. It's a new gimmick for the new season/reboot/continuation?/whatever.

Wait, I didn't get it, the only CGI scenes will be during the showdowns? That's... interesting. I was thinking that everything would be in 3D. By the way, the animation is very cool and legit, good job canadians biggrin.png

I can't worry about Jack's voice, since I don't know if they're going to use the old voice actor again. I don't even know when this cartoon will go on air here on Brazil.

Edited by Jango

I used to watch this back when I had CN, I thought was a pretty good show! I enjoyed it, I liked seeing the characters develop. :) I'm quite interested to see how this sequel series goes.

I still love this show. The 3 episodes of Chase Young turning Omi to the Heylin way? Some of the best Tv ever. Hope the new series has great episodes like those ones.

OM MY GOD! I absolutely loved this show as a little kid. :U Can't wait to hear Tara Strong's Omi again. But didn't the show already end on a good note?

Edited by Username Already Taken

I'm actually really loving what I'm seeing here, though Tara Strong as Jack is stabbing my heart, everything else for the most part is pretty cool, the 2D animation is quite amazing, plenty of action and humor mixed together. Plus I personally didn't mind the CG section that much, mainly due to the Panty & Stocking esque vibe it gave me at first. Though I hope they improve on the models for the characters, cuz Chase's just seemed a bit bad

Oh my gosh. I loved this show when I was little! I would watch it all the time. I have so many memories from it... I liked the episode where Omi turned evil. Same with that other guy with the brown hair, forgot his name. Anyways, great show. Loved this show.

Oh my gosh. I loved this show when I was little! I would watch it all the time. I have so many memories from it... I liked the episode where Omi turned evil. Same with that other guy with the brown hair, forgot his name. Anyways, great show. Loved this show.

His name's Raimundo :).

I'm so hyped for this!

• 10 months later...

Bumpity Bump

Guess what's airing tomorrow!

Disney XD will premiere Xiaolin Chronicles on Monday, August 26 with three back-to-back episodes at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. The episodes are titled “New Monk on the Block,” “A Girl Named Willow” and “The Fall of Xiaolin.”

Episode Descriptions

8:30 p.m. Xiaolin Chronicles “New Monk on the Block”

Omi takes newcomer Ping Pong on as his protégé, but eventually grows jealous of Ping Pong when he becomes everyone’s favorite. This causes a rift between the Monks, further complicated by the arrival of a beautiful new candidate.

9pm. Xiaolin Chronicles “A Girl Named Willow”

Willow and Ping Pong compete for the Xiaolin Apprentice top spot, as well as for Omi’s attention. Meanwhile, Kimiko grows suspicious of Willow’s motives.

Third episode description is in spoiler because it seems to spoil episode 2.

9:30 p.m. Xiaolin Chronicles “The Fall of Xiaolin”

When Willow uses her charms on all the boys in the temple, Kimiko becomes even more suspicious and she eventually discovers Willow’s secret double identity as Shadow. Meanwhile, Chase Young captures Ping Pong and takes revenge on Xiaolin, destroying the temple.

Uh...... Get hyped? Edited by Nintendoga

Okay so.......no idea if this is supposed to be a continuation or not. Is Rai still the leader or what?

Okay so.......no idea if this is supposed to be a continuation or not. Is Rai still the leader or what?

I guess so.

2q0seid.png

doubt it but its still to early to tell

Edited by Dejimon11

Why is Dojo yellow and why is Master Monk old?

Like I REALLY hope these questions are answered as well.

....Im at work.....crying on the inside
Ah don't worry they'll re run it and somebody will post it on YouTube

Well this looks like its going to be a great show I only have a few issues with it 1) the way dojo senses a woo is disturbing 2) I'm confused if this is meant to be the same continuity with the old show such as ray isn't the leader and wuya was trapped in a box at the beginning

Oh man...what a show...Holy freakin' crap man.

I don't mind the new voice cast. For the most part, the new voices sound really close (or at the least, similar) to the originals. I mean, I could barely tell a difference in Clay's voice. Probably my favorite new voice out of the bunch is Kimiko's. Jennifer Hale KILLED IT.

As for the show itself, YES. JUST. YES. (Full thoughts in spoilers below for those who haven't seen it)

I still love the animation style. The CG during the showdowns was weird for me at first, but I feel that it's a nice modern touch.

I really liked the new characters. Ping-Pong is pretty damn awesome. Kid's got mad skills, and is one of the most entertaining characters on the show. Willow/Shadow is looking to be an interesting villain. She gets a bonus for working with Chase Young, who is STILL a fuckin' badass. It's great to see the returning characters' personalities remaining intact. Omi's fumbling of words is still utterly hilarious, Jack's still a charming villain, everything's in place and feels right at home. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that the Shen-Gong Wu had different names (but that's more of a minor personal thing for me because for some reason I still remember the names of most of them XD)

I normally don't watch Disney XD, but I'm most definitely watching this weekly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...it was good, what is this black magic.

Considering how polarizing Teen Titans Go and Planet Sheen (which were (spinoff) revivals of shows that were cancelled/ended years ago), I second this notion.

Haven't seen the episode yet though.

Edited by Yeow