Awoo.

Code Lyoko Evolution

KHCast

Code_Lyoko_Evolution_logo.jpg

Code lyoko Evolution is the 5th Season/reboot of the Code Lyoko series. The story takes place about a year after the end of the first series. Here's more on the plot

Jeremy Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, William Dunbar, Yumi Ishiyama, Aelita Schaeffer, and a new seventh warrior[17] are back to their daily lives and routines at Kadic Academy. But X.A.N.A., the evil, sentient artificial intelligence which they succeeded in destroying in their previous adventures, miraculously reappears and is much stronger and more powerful than ever before since being reborn. Who revived this malevolent virtual monstrosity, and why? Our six heroes will turn on the Supercomputer once more so that they can return to the virtual world of Lyoko, find out the reasons for such a miraculous return and survival, and fight it out with this digital evil multi-agent program which is menacing the planet once again.[14]

The show is scheduled For a release in france later this year. Probably somewhere next year it will be released in the states/global somehow. Apparently their still looking for someone to broadcast their show. So far, it's seeming to be interesting. I mean Yes it's live action,but they also blend in the CGI world of Lyoko. Plus I mean Ulrich and William seem to have cool actors!

tumblr_ma4uurHfXN1rrnxnxo1_500.jpg

This is Ulrich.

tumblr_m9jfwgTQwX1rd6ps8o1_400.jpg

And this is William.

The rest of the cast can be seen here:

Léonie Berthonnaud Aelita Schaeffer (Stones)

Marin Lafitte Jeremie Belpois

Gulliver Bevernaege Odd Della Robbia

Quentin Merabet Ulrich Stern

Mélanie Tran Yumi Ishiyama

Diego Mestanza William Dunbar

Pauline Serieys Laura

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to give it a shot. It might not be bad, you never know. It's better to give it a chance and love it than to not risk it and miss out.

I loved the original series, but the news of it being live action.........ugh sorry no, cant say I like the sound of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved the original series, but the news of it being live action.........ugh sorry no, cant say I like the sound of that.

I'm also a bit on the edge on that, But I'm gonna give it a chance. The first episode will be the deal breaker for me. If they can balance out the CGI with Live action, or make the effects interesting throughout and not make it look cheap ass, then I'll probably be fine. Although most of the actors(besides Odd) Seem great. Odd just seems to...normal. plus he looks really young.

Remix of "Xana attacks" Perhaps? Please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDatg1C0vt4

Edited by Sora

Wait, I thought William lost his memories after he got de-brainwashed, so what did he get them back?

As for the Live Action thing......why? What's the point?

And you may as well make this a general Code Lyoko topic.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Wait, I thought William lost his memories after he got de-brainwashed, so what did he get them back?

As for the Live Action thing......why? What's the point?

And you may as well make this a general Code Lyoko topic.

It might have just erased his memories of him being possessed. As for the Live action thing.....You got me. I don't know why. Perhaps It's cheaper, or it's a popular thing to do. I also think it was pointless. :/ A cartoon would have probably been just as good or better.

God I forgot how much a bitchin opening song this series had......although I feel it really contrasts with the show.:

• Thumbs Up 6

While on the subject of the theme song, I made this awhile back:

http://db.tt/9KD2P8d4

It's basically a mashup of the French and English versions, French coming out of the left speaker, and English on the right. Sounds alot better with headphones though.

• Thumbs Up 1

..Eh; think this is something I'll sit out on, honestly..I lost interest in the original show after they managed to get Aelita out of the Virtual world, so yeah. it just got too drawn out and boring.

..Eh; think this is something I'll sit out on, honestly..I lost interest in the original show after they managed to get Aelita out of the Virtual world, so yeah. it just got too drawn out and boring.

I loved that part!

It was cool how they tried to get her out of the virtual world, and then she suddenly got out. This was many years ago, so I think I liked when that happen. I was waiting for the moment.

Then the show slowly got killed, unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

>Live-Action

no no, why would you even? WRY?

I think I'll still try to check it out, but the live-action is a really big turn off for me, sure the show could still turn out pretty amazing but it'll never be the same, plus I could only imagine how awkward it'll look once it's dubbed unless they plan to have different actors for the english version. Hope they at least keep the Lyoko avatars similarly designed to what they were in the original series.

Eh, I tried watching as much as I could when they had it on Miguzi and whenever they aired it after they killed off Miguzi, but I heard it went on even after it wasn't airing in the US. how is this a reboot exactly? what happened after the last US aired episode?

Live action, jeez thats not a good move. usually cartoon -> live action can't be pulled off well and I doubt this is going to be one of the successful ones.

Edited by goku262002

• 4 weeks later...

We got our first look at the characters in action on lyoko. Only cgi parts for now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNUNGe_wYM CGI looks pretty good actually. :)

Eh, I tried watching as much as I could when they had it on Miguzi and whenever they aired it after they killed off Miguzi, but I heard it went on even after it wasn't airing in the US. how is this a reboot exactly? what happened after the last US aired episode?

Live action, jeez thats not a good move. usually cartoon -> live action can't be pulled off well and I doubt this is going to be one of the successful ones.

During the last episode everyone went back to their daily lives, William forgets being Possessed by Xana, and umm....oh! Xana magically turns back on.
  • Thumbs Up 2

That CGI actually looks pretty good. Maybe now I can tolerate the live action segments if they're good enough.

Would have rather had a reboot of the series with the superior animation (and no live-action sequences) than another season.

This CGI pleases me, if the Live-Action segments are at least tolerable, this might actually be pretty good.

So is this coming to Cartoonetwork or what?

If this is going to be a live action series, they need to find a way to increase their forehead sizes.

Seriously though, the show was alright. It was a bit samey for each episode, but for what it's worth, it's a pretty solid show. Not exactly a fan of the opening. I prefer the instrumental version.

This CGI pleases me, if the Live-Action segments are at least tolerable, this might actually be pretty good.

So is this coming to Cartoonetwork or what?

Sadly Cartoon network will not be showing this. Moonsoop is stile looking for a channel to broadcast this in the U.S. Edited by Riku

• 1 month later...

I will say It looks interesting story wise. Don't know How I feel about Odd's (and quite frankly most of the casts) actors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Live action segments looked tolerable. So lets long as it doesn't take up that much of the show I'll probably enjoy this.

• Thumbs Up 1