Awoo.

Code Lyoko Evolution

KHCast

• 1 month later...

Okay having watched a few of the episodes, I think I can place my views of the show down.

I will say this. As a standalone show,not comparing it to the original, it is somewhat enjoyable. The action and the tone of the show really fits. Comparing it to the show it does do some things right. It does transition where the series was left off to now very well. It's pretty believable that X.A.N.A came back and that the group still trusts william. I cant say that the actors do a very good job of portraying there characters. Aside from Ulrich, and MAYBE Odd, everyone just seems there. "Oh I'm acting as so and so" really is what I get from the cast. Visually, the actors I guess get the job done.(NO BIG HEADS!!!:0) And where's sissy and other side characters???

The CGI sequences while on Lyoko look AMAZING. I was actually really stund at how detailed the characters and the environments look. Except for two things. 1. Why do the towers now not look like towers. They look like giant ugly black blocks. It really was unneeded to change the towers design. They were fine the way they were.

2. I had said that the designs for all the characters looked amazing. Well everyone except....

William2.png

HOLY JESUS!!! Williams design is seriously the most weirdest and contradicting design. Don't believe me when I say contradicting? Take a look:code_lyoko_evolution__wallpaper_without_

Everyone but william seems so detailed and natural with the way they look. William here looks so...not detailed. And he's so pale.... I mean look at william from the Original. He seriously changed so much. He really didn't need to...2011-10-31_0853.png

And those aren't the only issues. The music is really bland and unmemorable. Remember this? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDatg1C0vt4

Yep, that is NOWHERE to be seen in the show. I mean, you'd think that they would at least take some of the more memorable songs from the original and remix them for this. The music tries to sound creepy and dark, but just sounds so boring in the process.

We also have X.A.N.A itself. The big baddy. Moonscope you see had kept telling fans through descriptions of the story that X.A.N.A was back and stronger than ever. Well....he's not. In the third episode Xana creates a spector to...umm...hug the gang? See it's not explained until the end that Xana actually isn't at his full strength and needs his energy which he had, before "dying" in the original,placed in the Lyoko warriors. Yeah that's all great and stuff but surely Xana isn't weaker than when he first woke up? You never see Xana's spectors actually cause harm to the group. They can't run super fast,They don't shoot out balls of energy, THEY CAN'T EVEN BUST A DOOR OPEN! Seriously, their pathetic. I really hope that Xana does more unique things in this. I don't know, have him posses a bunch of cars to chase down the group, have him posses Someone again. SOMETHING that presents a threat and makes Xana menacing. Oh and speaking of possesing and spectors, remember how when someone was possessed or Xana sent a spector they had this: Secondaires_0054.jpg

Yeah, while a small detail, I really miss it and don't that it's gone. It seemed like one of the more memorable things from the series....sad.png

Ultimately, the series is...interesting from a story point of view and, bar the towers and william, it does a excellent job recreating Lyoko. Aside from that though, it flops at recreating the feeling and atmosphere the Original presented. And the sad thing is, this was actually going to NOT be live action at one point. No they were going to keep it a cartoon and just continue on, eliminating all the restraints Live action presents....Ahh what could have been. 

Codelyokoevolution.jpg

Edited by Riku
  • Thumbs Up 2