Awoo.

Stars no longer show up in Sonical?

For the past few months, I've been notcing some sort of bug/glitch between the two main skins of the board, Sonical & IP.Board. In Sonical, stars that usually appeared when a post got enough likes to become "popular" no longer appear, and the profile stars are no longer on people's pages. However, in the IP.Board skin, the stars appear on a "popular" post, and the profile stars are stil visible. Is this some sort of bug, or was this intentional?

Edited by Felix

By stars you mean the "Go to first unread post" button? yeah its been like that for months thats why I stick with IP.Board, theres just allot of flaws with Sonical that don't look like will ever get fixed.

By stars you mean the "Go to first unread post" button? yeah its been like that for months thats why I stick with IP.Board, theres just allot of flaws with Sonical that don't look like will ever get fixed.

No, he's talking about the "Popular Star" that appears on a post whenever it has a certain number of positive rep. The star graphic doesn't show up anymore, but there is still an indicator on the top-right that says "Popular."

In regards to the "go to last post" feature, that is also something that I miss. Instead, go to the first page of the topic and at the end of the topic name in the URL address bar, add "/unread" and it will take you to the last post you read in that thread. It's a bit more cumbersome, but if you're several pages behind, it's worth it.

The IP.Board and Sonical have several differences; IP.Board has the lock icon in the subforums, as well as the 'go unread' star. It also has the popular star picture as well as the profile stars. I dunno if I'm missing anything.

I still use Sonical because of the awesome banners and theme. The white isn't nice on my eyes when I'm tired which is why I stick to darker themes. It also gives this forum a bit of personality since some forums do just stick with the default.

Sure the popular star is gone and a couple of other features, but it isn't really something that is a big deal to me. It isn't a high priority which is why it hasn't been fixed. I also thought the profile stars system was awful. It may even have been intentionally disabled on this skin. The star system usually boils down "Oh no! I got angry ONE STAR!!!" and crap like that. It becomes quite obvious when your rating suddenly drops after "someone" came to your page right after an argument occurred. This is another reason why I like the current "LIKE!" system compared to the rep. I disagree with you? DOWNREP! Agree? UP!

Basically, I'm sure the staff is aware of these issues but I don't think they want to spend time to fix such little problems.

• Thumbs Up 2

If my memory recalls, I'm pretty sure the profile stars thing was disabled on purpose. Or when it broke, it was left broken on purpose. One of those.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there broken though, why are they still up on IP.Board?

Seriously its like the 2 skins are 2 different forums sometimes with all these flaws and changes.