Awoo.

To Classic Fans: Is Sonic Generations worth buying?

BarleyFields

So is Generations fast like Sonic 2? That's all I care about really. As long as the game is fast and doesn't have silly stuff like a complicated story and slow friends that drag the game down.

Yes, you should play Generations if that's what matters to you. It is fast, you play as Sonic all the way through, and there is no complicated story. In fact the story is so braindeadly simple most people really hated it.

Yes, you should play Generations if that's what matters to you. It is fast, you play as Sonic all the way through, and there is no complicated story. In fact the story is so braindeadly simple most people really hated it.

Oh great! This is exactly the Sonic game that I have been wanting. It's a true Sonic game and no werehog silliness lol.

Is this what others think?

Is Generations a good game?

YES

So is Generations fast like Sonic 2? That's all I care about really. As long as the game is fast and doesn't have silly stuff like a complicated story and slow friends that drag the game down.

All it is is Sonic going fast.

No bullshit. If that's all you wanted in a 3D Sonic game, play it.

Edited by Rusty Spy

Or maybe, "watching things go fast" just might not be a totally accurate explanation of the game hmm?
No that's pretty accurate. Do the QTE and hold boost to watch a thing go fast.

I'm a bit confused here. That's what the Genesis games were all about wasn't it? memorising the level to run through it as fast as you can?
If all they wanted you to do was go fast, they wouldn't have bothered with rolling, and they wouldn't have required you to charge the spindash.

Yeah, sure, dump another $50 into Sega's cavernous gullet. Might as well pick up Unleashed, too; if you can power through the werehog gameplay you'll find that the daytime levels are even more focused on speed (and less on gameplay).

Just rent the game if you're so unsure or you can buy it new for under $20. There's so many subjective opinions and you're not going to get an answer out of us. Some of us enjoy the game while some of us don't.

Edited by sonfan1984

Oh I'm sorry if I offended people but the past Genesis games were so terrible I just assumed all Sonic fans would hate them. I wasn't meaning to be provocative.

That's subjective.

You can't walk in expecting all of us to share your opinions on the 3D games. In fact, I like Colors more than Sonic 2. sonic 3k is still my favorite

You want fast games? Generations should have you covered. It has lots of go fast. You can go REALLY fast. SO FUCKING FAST HNNNNNNNRGHHHHHH

In fact, I'm surprised modern consoles have enough blast processing to keep up!

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I'm a bit confused. Some people say Generations is good whilst others seem to be offended because I attacked the new games.

Is Generations a good game?

I'd say download the demo to try it out and then come back if you're still not sure whether you want to rent or buy it.

Classic Sonic's gameplay is not a 1:1 conversion of the gameplay in Sonic 2.

Classic Sonic's gameplay doesn't need to be because it's fucking fun and I like it better.

Alright I'm out, you guys can have this argument for the zillionth time without me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did you like Sonic 2 and the other 2D games? Buy Sonic Generations.

Did you like the 3D games? Buy Sonic Generations.

The game isn't very long. I have not played recent Sonic games, I am more used to the old Sonic genesis ones, but I enjoyed Sonic Generations for the PC. Whether you have played all the games or not, Sonic Generations takes you from start to end through zones featured in old and new games. You get to play as both classic Sonic and modern Sonic. All zones look renovated and have awesome graphics. We are not really ones to say whether you should go for the game or not. It's an anniversary game which a lot of players play and enjoy. Try it out, I am sure you will enjoy it, too.

Also, did you just make two accounts? We only allow one account per user on the SSMB. Please let us know so we can get rid of the other one.

Oh great! This is exactly the Sonic game that I have been wanting. It's a true Sonic game and no werehog silliness lol.

Thanks smile.png

Is this what others think?

For the record, you can download a demo on Xbox 360, PS3 and Steam. It just contains the first Classic Sonic and first Modern Sonic levels (Green Hill of course), and they are VERY easy and simple levels compared to most of the ones that come after, but it should still give you a basic idea.

No that's pretty accurate. Do the QTE and hold boost to watch a thing go fast.

If all they wanted you to do was go fast, they wouldn't have bothered with rolling, and they wouldn't have required you to charge the spindash.

Yeah, sure, dump another $50 into Sega's cavernous gullet. Might as well pick up Unleashed, too; if you can power through the werehog gameplay you'll find that the daytime levels are even more focused on speed (and less on gameplay).

Rolling? What do you mean by rolling?

And the spindash was just a way to go back into speed mode after the game messed up and slowed down.

My friends told me that daytime stages in Unleashed were really good? You can go really fast can't you or something? I won't be buying it because of the Werehog though lol.

I might buy Generations though.

For the record, you can download a demo on Xbox 360, PS3 and Steam. It just contains the first Classic Sonic and first Modern Sonic levels (Green Hill of course), and they are VERY easy and simple levels compared to most of the ones that come after, but it should still give you a basic idea.

Oh! I didn't thank of that DUH!! Thanks I will check them out :)

What the fuck is up with the first few responses to this topic? I mean seriously; sarcy comments and unpleasant reamarks about how he's "just trollin"? Way to roll out the welcome mat for a new member. Jeeze.

On Topic: You'll find it's a very subjective issue. Some find it good enough for them, while others (Diogenes) won't stop harping on about how awful it is.

For me, it is no way a perfect emulation. The jump is way to sticky and the spin-dash is ridiculously over powered, but it's certainly a lot closer than Sonic 4. Of all things though, it's enjoyable and well presented. I had fun with it, and I don't usually enjoy Classic Sonic-ey gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

I quit

Why? I've never even heard of rolling before?

It definitely wasn't what made Sonic 2 so good. Sonic 2 was great because it was so fast-paced with great levels.

What the fuck is up with the first few responses to this topic? I mean seriously; sarcy comments and unpleasant reamarks about how he's "just trollin"? Way to roll out the welcome mat for a new member. Jeeze.

On Topic: You'll find it's a very subjective issue. Some find it good enough for them, while others (Diogenes) won't stop harping on about how awful it is.

For me, it is no way a perfect emulation. The jump is way to sticky and the spin-dash is ridiculously over powered, but it's certainly a lot closer than Sonic 4. Of all things though, it's enjoyable and well presented. I had fun with it, and I don't usually enjoy Classic Sonic-ey gameplay.

Rolling? What do you mean by rolling?

And the spindash was just a way to go back into speed mode after the game messed up and slowed down.

My friends told me that daytime stages in Unleashed were really good? You can go really fast can't you or something? I won't be buying it because of the Werehog though lol.

I might buy Generations though.

Buy Generations, by all means. It's fast, it's fun. Might be kinda shallow, though. But, it's got Blast Processing! That means it's good.

Unleashed is a lot faster. Unfortunately, the Werehog levels can get kinda tedious. They aren't BAD, per say. Just poorly designed.

Why? I've never even heard of rolling before?

When Sonic does the spinny thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I quit

You...... QUIT?!!?

michelle+tanner+gasp+face.jpg

Anyways, the game is incredibly cheap now. Just skip that meal at McDonalds and pick up the game instead.

Unleashed is a lot faster. Unfortunately, the Werehog levels can get kinda tedious. They aren't BAD, per say. Just poorly designed.
Better than the rest of the game
  • Thumbs Up 1

Buy Generations, by all means. It's fast, it's fun. Might be kinda shallow, though. But, it's got Blast Processing! That means it's good.

Shallow?

And yeah I definitely won't get Unleashed. The Werehog shouldn't be in a Sonic game.

Better than the rest of the game

Nah. The Werehog shouldn't even be in a Sonic game.

Dude, from what I can tell, you'll love Generations. Pick it up. It's pretty short, but it's good fun.

Thanks man :) . Yeah I'll download the demo and see what it's like!

I'm downloading it now

Shallow?

And yeah I definitely won't get Unleashed. The Werehog shouldn't be in a Sonic game.

Nah. The Werehog shouldn't even be in a Sonic game.

By shallow I mean I was able to blow through the main story in about a day, doing the bare minimum.

and by day i mean 5 hours

Edited by Cola

By shallow I mean I was able to blow through the main story in about a day, doing the bare minimum.

and by day i mean 5 hours

So it's easy then? Oh well.

The old Sonic games were very short and pretty easy too so it's not a big deal!