Awoo.

To Classic Fans: Is Sonic Generations worth buying?

BarleyFields

Better than the rest of the game

Did this guy really say that the Werehog levels were the best portion of Sonic Unleashed?

Come on now...

• Thumbs Up 1

Did this guy really say that the Werehog levels were the best portion of Sonic Unleashed?

Come on now...

That's our Dio!

Yes. It is. "Nuff said.

You could have posted a Status Update about this.

He's new here, you can't expect him to figure everything out that fast, especially when we was focusing his attention on this topic.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yes. It is. "Nuff said.

You could have posted a Status Update about this.

Funny joke, Dio's arguments can't fit in the character limits the status feeds have.

Generations is a good game if you don't NEED a perfect emulation of the Classics and don't mind the Unleashed formula.

You should also pick up Sonic Colors if you have a Wii. It's slower than SU and SG but it's still good fun.

Generations is a good game if you don't NEED a perfect emulation of the Classics and don't mind the Unleashed formula.

You should also pick up Sonic Colors if you have a Wii. It's slower than SU and SG but it's still good fun.

Well of course I don't want a perfect emulation of the Classic games! It needs to be a bit different to Sonic 2 otherwise I might as well play Sonic 2.

Sonic Colours? I havent heard of that?

Come on now...

I said they were better designed and I stand by it. The daytime gameplay is little more than a slalom course in a narrow hallway. The werehog isn't great, but it mixes combat, platforming, and some puzzles, and manages to be decent at all 3.

I said they were better designed and I stand by it. The daytime gameplay is little more than a slalom course in a narrow hallway. The werehog isn't great, but it mixes combat, platforming, and some puzzles, and manages to be decent at all 3.

But that's all slow? Also my friend has shown me the Werehog and it isn't good. It's a terrible God Of War clone.

Sonic is all about fast gameplay.

Edited by BarleyFields

Sonic Colours? I havent heard of that?

Wow, really? It's the game that came before Generations, and is also hailed as "the first good Sonic game in a long time" by quite a few reviewers (and fans).

Here, watch this excellent review of the game:

In answer to your question, yes Generations is a good game. But excuse me if I've not understood something here or if I've missed something quite obvious.

But why exactly are you asking us this?

You're saying that all Sonic games after the genesis titles were terrible, which isn't something many people would agree with unless they're trying to provoke a reaction from the crowd. Which to be honest I don't particually care enough to get angry over. But anyway...

I'm assuming here that you've played all the Sonic games that have come out after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, otherwise what are you basing the 'terrible' lable on?

Heres what I don't understand. If you have continued to buy and play Sonic games which came out after 1994 which you found by your own words 'terrible' upto 2011, thats 17 years of buying videogames based on one character, all of which you have found terrible.

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but if you found 17 years worth of one characters games terrible, why have you continued to buy them?

Even if the answer is 'I got the gems/mega collection and the ported versions, it's still a reasonable question, why have you kept buying them? This isn't really an attack on you as much as I just don't understand why someone would continually buy into a game franchise if they found 17 years worth of titles as being terrible?

Because I'm not sure you have played many or any Sonic games following Sonic 3 & knuckles, especially from this line...

If you're telling the truth here, you've not played them all, so where exactly are you getting this 'terrible' lable from when it can't be from your own experience of playing the game?

...So... exactly what Sonic games have you played?

I'll try to explain things :)

I'm sorry if I upset people about the 3D comment. I just assumed everyone would hate them. A bit like the Star Wars Prequels.

I played Adventure 1, 2 (which I stopped halfway through), Heroes, Shadow and finally Sonic The Hedgehog (Xbox 360). Since they were all terrible I gave up on the franchise.

I've heard from friends that all the games have been terrible up until Sonic Generations.

Does that make things straightforward :)

*sigh* if you hated every game after 3&K I'll be honest: you'll hate this game. It came after 3&K.

Oh, come on, he doesn't act like one of those people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll try to explain things smile.png

I'm sorry if I upset people about the 3D comment. I just assumed everyone would hate them. A bit like the Star Wars Prequels.

I played Adventure 1, 2 (which I stopped halfway through), Heroes, Shadow and finally Sonic The Hedgehog (Xbox 360). Since they were all terrible I gave up on the franchise.

I've heard from friends that all the games have been terrible up until Sonic Generations.

Does that make things straightforward smile.png

Well, all the games after that are better.

Although, I could swear that there was one more...

...something sinister...

225px-Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight_Cover.jpg

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 2

It seems like this BarleyFields person hasn't really played ANY of the 3D(good) Sonic games after the Genesis titles or given them a chance and just believed what everyone else outside of the fanbase said about the games. it's not all about speed my man, Sonic games are much more unique than that.

Edited by Megabox!
  • Thumbs Up 2

Does that make things straightforward smile.png

Well if your still willing to give Sonic a chance, then play Generations and Colors. Both are solid titles that cut out the bullshit that past games have had. They aren't the true return to the ol Genesis days, but they're a huge step up from what we've had for the past 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, really? It's the game that came before Generations, and is also hailed as "the first good Sonic game in a long time" by quite a few reviewers (and fans).

Here, watch this excellent review of the game:

I gave it a quick look and that looks awesome! Especially the fact that Sonic is the only character and the plot is better.

I think this guy is genuine. I remember I had a lot of assumptions about the fandom when I first joined a Sonic related forum on the internet. After verbally getting my teeth kicked in I realised that my preconceptions were silly, and that I should just focus on my own opinions instead of trying to preach to a choir that was on a completely different book of verses.

Anyway, if Sonic Generations isn't a good enough game to give the franchise another try, then it's probably time to just leave Sonic alone and try some Zelda, or Metroid, or Batman, or hey I've heard great stuff about this Borderlands 2 game!

• Thumbs Up 8

I think this guy is genuine. I remember I had a lot of assumptions about the fandom when I first joined a Sonic related forum on the internet. After verbally getting my teeth kicked in I realised that my preconceptions were silly, and that I should just focus on my own opinions instead of trying to preach to a choir that was on a completely different book of verses.

Anyway, if Sonic Generations isn't a good enough game to give the franchise another try, then it's probably time to just leave Sonic alone and try some Zelda, or Metroid, or Batman, or hey I've heard great stuff about this Borderlands 2 game!

Of course I can give Sonic another go! Sonic 2 was so good it made me buy a Genesis! I just wanted to be careful if the game was any good before buying it.

Wow, really? It's the game that came before Generations, and is also hailed as "the first good Sonic game in a long time" by quite a few reviewers

Ironically enough, whenever they catch wind of a new Sonic game they immediately forget about its existence and go right back to referencing Sonic 06 and saying that either Sonic 2 or 3 were the last good Sonic games.
  • Thumbs Up 2

It seems like this BarleyFields person hasn't really played ANY of the 3D(good) Sonic games after the Genesis titles or given them a chance and just believed what everyone else outside of the fanbase said about the games. it's not all about speed my man, Sonic games are much more unique than that.

I have played them and I do know what Sonic is about: speed.

So please don't judge me.

From what I've read, you should go for it, it seems like you would enjoy it, but try the demo out first.

Although, I could swear that there was one more...

...something sinister...

225px-Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight_Cover.jpg

B-but I liked Black Knight :<