Awoo.

Which 3D sonic game do you like the most?

StaticMania

The best 3D Sonic game is Sonic Generations, followed by Sonic Colours.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 have aged pretty badly, especially Adventure 2, but I like them for nostalgia reasons. Adventure 1 is substantially better than Adventure 2 although it's not on the same level as Generations and Colours.

6. Sonic Generations- ALL the bosses aside from Perfect Chaos (the only good boss IMO) are just horrible (well, Metal Sonic is just meh), half the game is bad (the classic sonic portion which is more like Sonic 4 than the classics), and is excessively short, and the modern sonic half is forgettable. I do admit, though, I did have some fun with Seaside Hill modern and Planet Wisp modern.

Not like the classics =/= bad

Edited by Frogging101

'06 is Not Like The Classics

Not Like The Classics =/= Bad

therefore, '06 =/= Bad

therefore, '06 =/= Bad

...Ehhhhh, you're kind of stretching there.....

because "not like the classics=/=bad" is a stupid fucking response

Yeah, but then you are implying that if it isn't like the classics, it is bad. Which really isn't that much better.

I am not trying to defend 06 or anything like that, I'm just saying.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 1

therefore, '06 =/= Bad

... Dio.

Dude.

Come now, mang. You know as well as I do that the problems with Sonic the Hedgehog ('06) stretch far beyond just it not being even remotely like the Classics.

because "not like the classics=/=bad" is a stupid fucking response

Your response was just as fucking stupid because you had to completely throw out the context of the discussion in order to even think of presenting that syllogism in the first place. Besides, Frogging is actually right. The gameplay in Generations not being like the classics does not automatically make it bad. Let's have an argument on that point instead of trying to be a smart ass as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

My point is that it's a stupid framework to work in regardless of which direction you come from. A game can be good or bad regardless of whether it is or isn't like the classics. Posting shit like that doesn't address anything that anyone actually thinks. It's intellectually dishonest, it ignores people's actual opinions in favor of an easily refuted strawman.

... Dio.

Dude.

Come now, mang. You know as well as I do that the problems with Sonic the Hedgehog ('06) stretch far beyond just it not being even remotely like the Classics.

I think he's pulling a logical fallacy, but I can't remember if it was a slippery slope fallacy, or if it was "correlation does not imply caustation."

The post that Frogging responded to did say that the classic half of the game was bad because it wasn't like the classics all that much.

I think he's pulling a logical fallacy, but I can't remember if it was a slippery slope fallacy, or if it was "correlation does not imply caustation."

It looks like the latter, but its used in a different way

The post that Frogging responded to did say that the classic half of the game was bad because it wasn't like the classics all that much.

Because it was more like Sonic 4 than the classics. I thought most of us were in agreement that Sonic 4 is at least pretty crappy? And that the Genesis Sonics were pretty damn good? So being more like 4 than 1-3&K+CD is probably a bad thing?

This is not someone unilaterally declaring that anything not classic Sonic is automatically bad. This is someone saying that an attempted classic Sonic ended up being more like Sonic 4, and that is bad.

Because it was more like Sonic 4 than the classics. I thought most of us were in agreement that Sonic 4 is at least pretty crappy? And that the Genesis Sonics were pretty damn good? So being more like 4 than 1-3&K+CD is probably a bad thing?

This is not someone unilaterally declaring that anything not classic Sonic is automatically bad. This is someone saying that an attempted classic Sonic ended up being more like Sonic 4, and that is bad.

Hey, lets give them some credit, it was considerably better than Sonic 4

Edited by Scar

No, it wasn't.

e: that's not even the point anyway, I didn't come into this topic to bash generations.

Edited by Diogenes

No, it wasn't.

e: that's not even the point anyway, I didn't come into this topic to bash generations.

In terms of being classic Sonic, its just as bad as Sonic 4 in the sense that they both miss the point (but in different ways), but in a vacuum, it is better designed than Sonic 4.

But you're right, lets not get into this debate.

therefore, '06 =/= Bad

My point is that it's a stupid framework to work in regardless of which direction you come from. A game can be good or bad regardless of whether it is or isn't like the classics. Posting shit like that doesn't address anything that anyone actually thinks. It's intellectually dishonest, it ignores people's actual opinions in favor of an easily refuted strawman.

Look, if anyone's making a strawman argument here, it's you. You took my statement and misrepresented it to make my argument look stupid. Additionally, your statement was logically flawed. I didn't say "Not like the classics = good"; I said "Not like the classics =/= bad". In other words (since the distinction still isn't quite clear), I said that not being like the classics doesn't make a game bad by necessity. I didn't say that if it's not like the classics, it can't be bad.

Your statement was stupid on its own, I merely pointed it out. And it's still an irrelevant and dishonest dodge.

Usually I'd agree, but when classic is what SEGA was going for, then yes it is.

By the way, that was only referring to the Classic Sonic levels (aka, the act 1's where you play as classic sonic), not the entire game.

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Usually I'd agree, but when classic is what SEGA was going for, then yes it is.

By the way, that was only referring to the Classic Sonic levels (aka, the act 1's where you play as classic sonic), not the entire game.

Yeah, I know what you were referring to. And you're right, as an imitation of the classics, they are wrong. My point was that just because it isn't like the classics doesn't mean it can't be good on its own.

That's nice, but you might want to try responding to things that people have actually said.

I apologize if I didn't do this; I thought I did. I guess I picked it apart a bit too much though.

Your statement was stupid on its own, I merely pointed it out. And it's still an irrelevant and dishonest dodge.

Dishonest and irrelevant? I don't know how it's dishonest; it's just an opinion. And as for its relevance, that depends what it's supposed to be relevant to (That sounds stupid but I actually don't have a reference point; you'll have to help me out on this one)

Forgive me if I'm being stupid here..but are you saying the Classic Sonic part of Sonic Generations was as bad as Sonic 4? Because that's a really extreme, and I think, an unfair position.

• Thumbs Up 1