Awoo.

Should Sally, Scratch, Grounder, etc show up in party games?

Multikaris

Sally, Bunnie, Antione, Rotor, Cosmo, Scratch, Grounder, Sonia, Manic... It seems they are all very popular even thiough they're non canon. You know what else is not canon? Party games. Do you think these characters should show up in party games? I think they should. It would definitely shut the retros up to see Sally playable in say... "Sonic Baseball Champions" or something along those lines. They would also add more options to play as, for more replay value.

Hell no?

They have their own canons they can stick to. I know I've said I like some Archie influences, but that's just a straight import of characters into another continuity of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 4

No because then we'll get even more idiots using the party games to say these Characters are canon in the games, plus the spots could go to better characters, possibly scrapped ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure, right alongside Pikachu, Master Chief, Pyramid Head, Harry Potter, Homer Simpson, and Iron Man.

• Thumbs Up 5

Would I like to see Grounder and Scratch in future Sonic platform games? Hell yes, as bosses/mini bosses.

SatAM characters in party games.? Errrrr............no. Come to think of it, no to Sonic party games in general. More 3d Sonic games, I thank you.

No. There's no need. There's plenty enough characters in the Sonic game universe as is, so we don't need to import from other franchises. It'd be extremely random and confusing to people who aren't familiar with these guys.

Unless.....

Sketch-Lampoon.png

ONLY FOR HIM

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 5

As Indigo said, the games already have their own extended cast, so why use characters from other continuities? One could argue that this is to cater to fans of those continuities and get them interested as well, but honestly if no Sally is some sort of deal breaker of the entire game series for you sans Spinball, then I'd rather you not have any input on the game's aesthetics in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 3

Na...I don't think it's needed really, I think we have enough characters in the Sonic games, I wouldn't want them to mix with other continuties.

No thanks.

Sega doesn't and shouldn't give two shits about anything non-canon to the games (unless you wanna count their mandates for Archie or Sonic Underground being on Disney XD). So the chances of them appearing in any game, spin-off or not, are as much as Eggman turning into a walrus.

• Thumbs Up 1

TBH having a few non game characters show up in non canon spinoff games wouldn't really bug me. Except Sally sucks so she can go fuck herself.

Scratch and Grounder though? BAHA-HAAAAHAAAA!

Each show has a different canon. To bring them into the games would only make the already confusing canon even more confusing to figure out.

Also if Sally was in another game, we'd never hear the end of it from both sides of the spectrum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sally, Bunnie, Antione, Rotor,

If you don't know the TV series or read the comics, it wouldn't make sense. Not to mention the game universe and SATAM universes are very different from each other.

Also, they are pretty much based off the animals from Sonic 1.

Cosmo

I'm pretty sure she's a tree right now and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Scratch, Grounder

Both of them are based off of real badniks from the Genesis games. Heck, they already came back in Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2.

Besides, what's wrong with Orbot and Cubot?

, Sonia, Manic...

NO. I think 4 Hedgehogs is enough for right now.

It seems they are all very popular even though they're non canon.

Probably because they're based off of things that are canon.

You know what else is not canon? Party games. Do you think these characters should show up in party games?

I don't think being to play as any of these characters in Sonic Shuffle would have made the game better.

It would definitely shut the retros up to see Sally playable in say... "Sonic Baseball Champions" or something along those lines. They would also add more options to play as, for more replay value

I'd rather play as the actual game universe characters than the non canon characters.

Shadow? Ok.

Jet? Ok.

Blaze? Ok.

Orbot or Cubot? Ok.

Antione? No thanks.

I rather sega make a game based on the comics keeping it away from the already messed up, needs working normal game co.... NO. If they can't fix their OWN canon you REALLY want them messing around with the comic characters? Who's background story alone is SO much more complex then anything Sega themselves came up with? Really?

Not really.

I mean it's not like it's a matter of life or death, but it's pretty dumb. They have as much reason to be there as any of the characters I listed in my earlier post, which is none.

• Thumbs Up 2