Awoo.

*Ended*

Danj86

Here's the thing...

Sometime ago, we learned of a fellow members health problems and the serious worry this person had about what could happen. I wanted to show my support for them and created a picture featuring characters from his personal favourite video game franchises. Then thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome to have members sign the picture themselves, like a get well card?" Dissident and ^DiZnEy^ loved the idea and the three of us tried to work in secret to get members to take part.

However, everything we've tried so far, hasn't worked out at all...because of reasons we can't control. It has saddened and stressed me out, to no end, and this is my last hope.
I didn't want the member in question to notice that something was being done for them, which is why a topic was never done before. But with no choices left...here I am.

The task I need you guys to do is fairly simple, I think. All that's really needed is a basic understanding of MSPaint, Photoshop or any other image editing software.
If you wish to take part, then comment in this thread. I'll create a list of who will be taking part in this OP and PM you individually, in the same order of the replies. Giving further details and a link to the image, so you can add to it.
But because of never receiving replies in the past, I will have to enforce a time limit. So once I know that you have seen the PM I sent you with the further details, you will have one week to add your addition and return the image in a reply. If I don't get the reply in time, I will have to cut you from the list and send it to the next person. I also have to do this because of what's happened with Silva's 21st Anniversary Art Collab. You can ask to be given more time if you need it.

*Edit*
I don't want to restrict the artistic talents of the people here, so you have free creative rein over your addition. So yes, you can have a message next to your entry. Other things some could consider to add are photos, doodles, your own little drawing, images and jokes. These are all fine. If you think of something else, that's also fine. Just try to be considerate when choosing the space you wish to fill, leaving room for other people and stuff like that, since I'm not enforcing any size restrictions, so I'll be trusting you guys with that one.

But with this also representing the SSMB to others, I would recommend sticking to the forum rules, so to speak. So no images of sex or gore...although I would question why somebody would add such a thing, but I figured I should mention it. ^^;

Also partnerships are also fine. What I mean by that is if you knew somebody who wished to take part, but lacked the knowledge to use image editing software, then they could recruit an artistic member to create there addition for them, as well as there own.
On that note, it anybody is out there that doesn't know an artistic member to do this for them, then I encourage you to PM me or say so in this thread, and I'll PM you about what you might want to add and do it myself, with any creative input you might wish to include.

*Edited Again*

Important Update!

​Well...maybe "important" is too strong a word...more like, mildly relevant.

I hope you guys are keeping up. This might make things simpler for some and harder for others, I never suggested it before, because of possible difficulties, but I figure it should still be an option to choose from several others.

You see, if you have a deeper knowledge of photoshop or other photo editing software, you might be able to create an image with a transparent background. I only learned to do that myself, a year ago. But I haven't successfully done it with MSPaint. Dissidents image a couple posts up is a perfect example of what it would look like.
But as far as I know, only a PNG type image file can have a transparent background.
It could still work, if your picture has a white background, it is slightly trickier, but I think GIMP has a way around it.
Once you have your pic, just send it to me, on it's own. And I'll add it in.

There's only two major drawbacks to doing it this way. You wont get to decide where your picture goes, and you wont get to decide the size either. You'd have to rely on me to do that...sorry...lol

Lastly, if you've volunteered in this thread, then don't forget to check your PMs. You should have some info that could help with your entry if you haven't seen it yet.

I think I've covered everything I could have, without giving too much away. If there are any questions, please let me know. ^-^

------------------------

1st: Dissident
2nd: Diz
3rd: Faseeh
4th: Crow *Postponed*
5th: Dr Spudhead
6th: BEN *Postponed*
7th: Ash Crimson
8th: Nintendoga *Postponed*
9th: BakingBluePotato
10th: CUT!
11th: Super Soniko *Postponed*
12th: CUT!
13th: JezMM
14th: Godot
15th: XD375
16th: Nepenthe
17th: Pawn
Last: Me

--------------------------

Edited by DanJ86
  • Thumbs Up 2

Count me in dude. Amazing idea. We can write a little more than a get well soon message right? :3 I hope so.

Good question. That's something I should have mentioned. XP

I don't want to restrict the artistic talents of the people here, so you have free creative rein over your addition. So yes, you can have a message next to your entry. Other things some could consider to add are photos, doodles, your own little drawing, images and jokes. These are all fine. If you think of something else, that's also fine. Just try to be considerate when choosing the space you wish to fill, leaving room for other people and stuff like that, since I'm not enforcing any size restrictions, so I'll be trusting you guys with that one.

But with this also representing the SSMB to others, I would recommend sticking to the forum rules, so to speak. So no images of sex or gore...although I would question why somebody would add such a thing, but I figured I should mention it. ^^;

Also partnerships are also fine. What I mean by that is if you knew somebody who wished to take part, but lacked the knowledge to use image editing software, then they could recruit an artistic member to create there addition for them, as well as there own.

On that note, it anybody is out there that doesn't know an artistic member to do this for them, then I encourage you to PM me or say so in this thread, and I'll PM you about what you might want to add and do it myself, with any creative input you might wish to include. smile.png

*edited opening post to include this info*

Edited by DanielJ86
  • Thumbs Up 1

On that note, it anybody is out there that doesn't know an artistic member to do this for them, then I encourage you to PM me or say so in this thread, and I'll PM you about what you might want to add and do it myself, with any creative input you might wish to include. smile.png

Okay, um, I have something to tell you. My final year exams are coming and can't really do this now so can the person I have in mind for a partnership. (My art is... bad. Yeah.) So can you gimme the picture/card on October 12? Thanks a lot dude.

Okay, um, I have something to tell you. My final year exams are coming and can't really do this now so can the person I have in mind for a partnership. (My art is... bad. Yeah.) So can you gimme the picture/card on October 12? Thanks a lot dude.

Absolutely fine. I'll make a note to send it to you on the 12th, in the OP. While sending it to the others in the meantime.

I am worrying if enough people will be happy to take part. Often topics can go completely missed by other members, so if you guys happen to know other people you think would love to be apart of this, then could you spread the word to them, and send them here?

That would be awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting everybody know that I have started sending the image out. It has to be one at a time, so the sooner one person finishes, the sooner the next can start.

Rachel Alucard/Johannes Krauser II? is the first to get the image, hopefully, things will get moving soon. I've noticed most people have changed there usernames. That won't effect the progression of this. I can still tell who's who. What name you use on the picture itself, is also up to you.

The amazingly talented Nemain has also been added.

If anyone is unsure about joining in because of a lack of information, then you can contact me for more details. But only if your seriously considering joining in, otherwise you'd be wasting both of our time.

I also have a cold at the moment, so with me being unable to make it online much, I figured maybe I should give 2 weeks for each entry to be completed from when a person first receives it.

am i too late for this? sign me up if not

also please PM me exactly what's going on, i'm clueless here!

Could I still sign up for this? I may not be the best artist in the world, but I'm always willing to do something for a friend (well, fellow member, in this case).

am i too late for this? sign me up if not

also please PM me exactly what's going on, i'm clueless here!

Could I still sign up for this? I may not be the best artist in the world, but I'm always willing to do something for a friend (well, fellow member, in this case).

Nope, your not too late. I haven't made a set time limit for joining. I would just suggest that we'd continue to accept more volunteers for as long as we are working on it. And with the first person doing that (hopefully) there should be plenty of time for other people to toss there name into the hat. ^^

I also never mentioned who it's for in the thread because I'm hoping it will remain a surprise for that person. Unfortunately, that means leaving you all more or less in the dark until it is your turn. So don't worry, I will tell you who it's for, when I send you the image. But if you'd like to know earlier, that's fine, I can send further details through a PM. I've also added the three of you to the list. Thank you. biggrin.png

Just asking... okay, so can I add a button-ish that link to some song or something? I don't think so, right?

And I thought of doing a collab but... and if the person hasn't signed up yet, I'm scared it might be the person we are doing it for. :o I think I'll decide on a collab after I get the photo itself.

Just asking... okay, so can I add a button-ish that link to some song or something? I don't think so, right?

And I thought of doing a collab but... and if the person hasn't signed up yet, I'm scared it might be the person we are doing it for. ohmy.png I think I'll decide on a collab after I get the photo itself.

I've sent a PM to tell you who it's for. Hopefully that will help.

While I do have a reasonable knowledge on creating pictures, I really don't know if it is possible to have a button like link on one. I do have doubts, but I can't be sure. There is the option of having the link written down for him to check in his own time. But typing out a whole link can take a while to do.

But if you do know how to do it, then yes, it should be okay to have one of those.

Edited by King-Boom-BooJ86
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll join in, since well, why not?

Anyway, I'll be waiting..Just to be safe, I have to send the signed image back to you, right?

Edited by The Rigid Regirock

I've been interested in doing this since your initial post, but every time I've tried to join in I've felt anxious and unconfident due to my lack of artistic ability. I really want to help, though, so I was wondering if we could possibly see an example of what's expected from us.

Edited by XD375

I'll join in, since well, why not?

Anyway, I'll be waiting..Just to be safe, I have to send the signed image back to you, right?

Yep, the signed image should always go back to me. I figured it would be easier for everyone if I kept track of who has and hasn't had a turn, rather then have an order and each person send it to the next...

I've been interested in doing this since your initial post, but every time I've tried to join in I've felt anxious and unconfident due to my lack of artistic ability. I really want to help, though, so I was wondering if we could possibly see an example of what's expected from us.

There's nothing to fear, my friend. smile.png

I tried to have things set up so anyone from any skill level can have a crack at this. The absolute minimal a person needs to add is just a name. Here's some in different fonts.

77451687.png

You might want to consider the colour as well as the font, but that still would be enough to take part. If your more daring, you could consider mixing your name with official art. Like this:

beatq.png

I have no restrictions, so you could also have a screenshot from a game or TV show, with some text added:

wrongtrousers.jpg

Or a simple photo:

roadsphoto.jpg

I've started to send a copy of an unedited version of the picture you'll be working on to each volunteer, so they can get a feel for what they'll be working on and practice any ideas they might have until there turn comes up. I'll be sending you one too. Just don't feel pressured. It's supposed to be something fun to make, for a good cause.

You can still partner up with another artistic member or ask me to help put one together for you, if your still unsure.

I signed the original picture Danny made, but I figured I'd do something myself. Special thanks to another friend of mine for drawing the original pic; I just messed around in Photoshop for a while, ha ha. Yes, that is more or less what I look like.

getwellsoond.png

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dood! That's freakin' sweet!!

There's still time, I can easily add that to your entry on the pic, if you want.

• Thumbs Up 1