Awoo.

*Ended*

Danj86

Important Update!

​Well...maybe "important" is too strong a word...more like, mildly relevant.

I hope you guys are keeping up. This might make things simpler for some and harder for others, I never suggested it before, because of possible difficulties, but I figure it should still be an option to choose from several others.

You see, if you have a deeper knowledge of photoshop or other photo editing software, you might be able to create an image with a transparent background. I only learned to do that myself, a year ago. But I haven't successfully done it with MSPaint. Dissidents image a couple posts up is a perfect example of what it would look like.

But as far as I know, only a PNG type image file can have a transparent background.

It could still work, if your picture has a white background, it is slightly trickier, but I think GIMP has a way around it.

Once you have your pic, just send it to me, on it's own either in this thread or through PM. And I'll add it in.

There's only two major drawbacks to doing it this way. You wont get to decide where your picture goes, and you wont get to decide the size either. You'd have to rely on me to do that...sorry...lol

Lastly, if you've volunteered in this thread, then don't forget to check your PMs. You should have some info that could help with your entry if you haven't seen it yet.

Edited by King-Boom-BooJ86

I'll join in.

Always happy to help others.

Count me in!

I'll gladly join.

Sure, why not? I'll help.

I'm in!

Oh, why not I say! Sign me up dude.

sign me up.

Could I still sign up for this?

Yeah sure I'd like to add a thing.

I've been interested in doing this since your initial post.

I wouldn't mind taking part in this at all.

I'd be happy to get involved too.

We have a nice small collection of finished entries. There's a couple of members who haven't seen my PMs yet. I also want to make sure everyone sees my previous post , it may help speed things up.

I've been struggling to contact some of you, so I quoted posts of the members who are left in the hopes that you get the message and check out the topic.

Some of you have already seen my initial PMs, but I also want to make sure you guys see my previous post. It's an extra choice to make, but I want to make sure you know that the choice is there.

Remember to keep a lookout for possible PMs and messages everyone. That's the best way for me to contact you, when your turn is up next.

Anyways, I'm done so yeah. :D

Just to help out the others...

So now whoever wants to take part in this needs to send a transparent image of their words, drawing or anything and send you right? That's all right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyways, I'm done so yeah. biggrin.png

Just to help out the others...

So now whoever wants to take part in this needs to send a transparent image of their words, drawing or anything and send you right? That's all right?

Yep, but that's a choice.

They can still wait to have the picture sent to them, if it will be easier. So it's ever, send an addition now. Or wait so I can give them the actual image to edit. :)

Just waiting for your word really, i'll scratch an image up to add to the piece in no time.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Moving forward again.

What? Did you think the project died?? Shame on you!!

So far, we've had 5 successful additions and 2 people had to postpone for a later date. Don't worry if you need to postpone, it's not a problem. I'll get it back to you once the others have had their turn.

Also with Pawn successfully adding his addition in record time, I'll be approaching Nintendoga/Mike Dawson and Dr. Spudhead next, so look out for that. Also if anybody else is ready with some free time now, let me know through this topic or through PM and I'll get it to you ASAP.

I'll also still accept new members if they wish to join. While I don't have a date set in stone to end accepting new members, I do have a rough idea. I'm doing my own addition last, so once everyone else has done theirs and I have officially started on mine, that's when no more members will be accepted.

With that in mind, here's a reminder of the list that gets updated from the opening post.

1st: Dissident - Completed!!

2nd: Diz - Completed!!

3rd: Faseeh - Completed!!

4th: Rachel Alucard *Postponed*

5th: Dr Spudhead *Next in line*

6th: The Magnificent Meowth

7th: Ash Crimson

8th: Nintendoga *Pending*

9th: BakingBluePotato

10th: Nemain

11th: Super Soniko *Postponed*

12th: SonHOG

13th: JezMM

14th: Godot - Completed!!

15th: XD375

16th: Nepenthe

17th: Pawn - Completed!!

Last: Me

Edited by DanJ86

• 4 weeks later...

Are we having a good time, freakin' out about what to get our loved ones? You didn't leave it too late did you? I thought I did for a while, but I'm reasonably sure I got everyone I care about, something they'd like.

So, how's everyone doing? Not planning on backing out, I hope? Don't worry, the image will get to you in time, if your still waiting. Meanwhile, I finished by own signature and I'd share it in the topic as another example of what you could do for your own. Their's no shortage of examples, so I hope you got your thinking caps on.

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/5043/betteraddition2ndpart.png

But don't forget to have a Merry Christmas and a freakin' fantabulous New Year, doods!!

• 3 months later...

Okay, I'm back. Slightly stressed, but we'll gloss over that. Ignore everything I've said in my previous posts and focus on this one. I'll reveal all in the spoiler tag below.

Here's the whole truth. This entire project was brought about be this thread. 

I've tried several things to keep this moving, with mixed results. Now I'm tired of beating around the bush, people may be more willing to take part if they had all the information. This is for Gunther, you'd know that already if you checked the link above. I drew a picture for him and have been arranging for members to add something to it with there own name and or a message. Kinda like the Christmas tree thread that some might remember.

Trouble is I made things too complicated and it's been taking a while for members to add stuff and keep things moving. So I'm trying one last thing. That is to re-right the the rules so they are the same as the very Christmas Tree thread I mentioned. In hoping more people will take part, and thing'll move at a quicker pace. Not familiar with the Christmas Tree Thread? It went something like this:

We start with a picture, in this case, it's this:

5ovlg1s2.jpg

A member would then come in, add a post to say he's editing it. Then copy it, add whatever they want, and upload that version for the next person. But if that person is too slow to add something, then the next person takes his spot and so on...
Pretty simple, right?

But some thing'll need to be different, like you can only add something once. Don't add something too big and don't cover another persons addiction. Also you'll need to sign your addition with whatever name you'll be comfortable with. I'm also thinking of a 3 weeks deadline for this to be active, but it may change, depending on what happens.

Also, considering the size, it may be best to upload the image in a spoiler tag, but it isn't a solid requirement.

Confused? Ask me anything.

*edit*
Discoid, BakingBluePotatos, Ash Crimson, Pawn, Faseeh, Diz, Alex2Beta and Spudhead don't need to worry about this.
Edited by DanJ86
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude I totally forgot about this, I haven't recieved any PMs from you either.  8C  I'll be happy to submit something in transparent .png form asap.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude I totally forgot about this, I haven't recieved any PMs from you either.  8C  I'll be happy to submit something in transparent .png form asap.

Yeah, I did try a PM last month or so. It said something like having not enough space for anymore PMs or something like that? I was gonna try again later or directly message you a different way, but after contacting 4 other members, 2 who never replied and 2 who were sick. I was starting to panic. ^^;

Sorry about that. But yeah, a transparent .png will be brilliant.