Awoo.

Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary

It's a shame half of those 20 years were spent making crap. Don't get me wrong they have some good shows now, but the magic of 90's CN will never be recaptured.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I don't have any sources, but I've heard rumors that the old head of CN who left in 2006 or so, apparently returned last year. That probably explains CN real's disappearance, alot live action stuff disappearing in general, Toonami returning this year, and other good things that've happened lately.

The only way i see that happening is by taking down all the bad shows like Ben 10 and from what i hear that's like their cash cow right now.

When on earth is Toonami even on? I've never caught it. Is Tom back?

I can't even remember the last time I watched CN. Indeed, I'm a 90s gal and feel I've never enjoyed shows as much as I did back then.

It's a shame that music video focused more on their new series with a bit of classic splashed in here and there.

I've mainly stuck with Boomerang, but I wish they had the rights to Road Rovers. I know their network aired that show for a little while, as well as Batman: TAS, but oddly enough the HUB seems to have acquired that.

I demand, "one week back in time". Put on all the 90' and early 2000 schedule during one week. Exactly how it was, with all the commercials, cartoons, jingles, everything!!!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only way i see that happening is by taking down all the bad shows like Ben 10 and from what i hear that's like their cash cow right now.

Aw come on, Ben 10 isn't that bad. =p

Ok, I admit I missed most of Ultimate Alien and haven't seen much of the Omniverse eps so far... and I didn't like the "always-night-time" Alien Force series, but the original show was pretty decent, imo.

OMG, they need to air this again:

SOLOMON GRUNDY WANT PANTS TOO!

• Thumbs Up 5

I demand, "one week back in time". Put on all the 90' and early 2000 schedule during one week. Exactly how it was, with all the commercials, cartoons, jingles, everything!!!

Isn't that what Boomerang already is? At least the british one is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god, guys. They acknowledged My Gym Partner's a Monkey.

Everyone fucking hated that show but me.

You're not the only one that liked that show dude. I thought it was pretty solid.

• Thumbs Up 3

^ Oh Cow and Chicken... They got away with a lot of stuff!

Although my favorite "getting crap past the radar" moment comes from Ed, Edd, n Eddy where a sticky note on Double D's fridge said "Don't touch self".

Oh yay, a celebration video, it's not like they could make it viewable globally so everyone could celebrate, could they.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh man, the 90s really want you guys to work the shaft!

All kidding aside, I think Cartoon Network has really regained it's stride in the recent years. It's been better than the dark 2007-2009 years, and is on par with the 2000-2005 years.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was looking at all the characters in that giant picture, letting the nostalgia hit me, ya know?

They even have fucking Time Squad in there, which is, like, the greatest thing ever.

But.

I've been looking for Megas, and I just can't seem to find the damn thing. Which is sad, because it's a fucking giant robot car.

• Thumbs Up 2

It saddens me that Sym Bionic Titan didn't get a spot.sad.png

Its head is around the top right corner of the picture I think.'

EDIT: Also (going back to Megas), I found Coop's head. Crisis adverted sorta.

Still looking for the robot.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its head is around the top right corner of the picture I think.

EEEYYYYYEEEES.

Also I see Coop. Try and find him.

Holy fucking shit.

They even put Puffy Ami Yumi on that image.

I thought they aborted that show.

EEEYYYYYEEEES.

Also I see Coop. Try and find him.

Yeah, I found him a little bit ago.

Still want the robot tho'.

Chicks dig the robot.

Concerning the video, I lost my shit when everyone did "The Monkey" with Johnny.

Edited by Pinkamina