Awoo.

Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary

Even Robot Jones is in the video. ROBOT JONES. Holy crap, the memories. I love Cartoon network. I've been watching since the late nineties, since Cartoon Fridays, What a Cartoon!, Time Squad, Robot Jones, Samurai Jack and Toonami, through the dark age where there was more censorship, CN Real, Toonami was cancelled and Out of Jimmy's Head was premiered, and finally to the renaissance of sorts with great new shows like Regular Show, Symbionic Titan, Mystery Incorporated, Adventure Time and the revival of Cartoon Planet and Toonami. I have so many fond memories of this channel from great shows like Samurai Jack and the awesome commercials to the new stuff like Regular Show and Adventure Time.

This is really neat. Twenty years of Cartoon network. Good memories and bad memories. And holy crap they packed pretty much a character from every show that was ever on the network in that drawing. Even from Megas to Tom 1 from Toonami. Freaking awesome.

To twenty more great years!

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Its amazing that after all these years, Cartoon Network is still a true cartoon chanelle. Sure there's Level Up (god that show sucks..), Anoying Orange, and Johny Test but Cartoon Network still has a large libary of strong cartoons. You have Reglaur Show, Adventure Time, MAD, Ben 10 Omniverse, Young Justice and other recent cartoons with solid qualty vs Nick's adbandonment of animation outside of SpongeBob and Avatar and Disney only having two good new cartoons (Phinas and Ferb and Gravaty Falls). While i miss classic shows like Crouge, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Johny Brovo, Cow and Chicken, and the famous Cartoon Cartoon shorts, I'm glad Cartoon Network still has a strong future alongside its strong history. Even then you still have adult swim and the recently rebooted Toonami sub-networks so you have quite a liabary of entertainment.

• Thumbs Up 4

I still remember back in 2008 when i definitely said "Screw You" to Cartoon Network when i saw "The PPG Rule!" which i was really looking forward to. I was expecting a love letter to me as a PPG fan, so imagine my disappointment when i actually saw it. Half the cast was obnoxiously out of character and the other half was on speed. It was so unfunny and annoying, i felt insulted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pc-UsSfDkU&feature=related

Compare this to one of my favorite epidodes Super Zeroes:

The humor is hilarious whithout becoming obnoxious and the moral of what makes a good superhero is nice.

PPG Rule was such a souless special that i swore to myself to never watch Cartoon Network again, i want to preserve the little 90's CN fan i still have in me.

It was awesome, but I'm kind of depressed that that commercial was more exposure for a couple of those shows than they actually got when they were on.

Modern CN is okay, I guess. But it can't be compared with the likes of Billy and Mandy, (love the gigantic Billy with his snot in the left part of the poster xD) PowerPuff Girls,Dexter's Lab, KND, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and Foster's, but Modern CN is good.

I freakin' love Adventure Time because of how complex it truly is as a cartoon. Regular Show is hilarious as well. They're the best cartoons of the late 2000s, to be honest.

And yes, I agree with some people here:

Ben 10 got crappy once the original series ended... God, it got so longwinded. I never bothered watching any more afterwards. I did watch that special episode when Kid Ben meets Teen Ben though. That was cool. Everything else? Meh...

• Thumbs Up 1

Symbionic Titan is probably my favorite CN show. Gotta give modern CN props when it's due. DC Nation is very good as well.

Hell, most of their action stuff has always been great.

Why the fuck did Teen Titans not get a nod?

CN has had a similar life as Sonic, 90's glory, late 2000's shame, and 2010 renaissance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the fuck did Teen Titans not get a nod?

Teen Titans Robin is in the pic. Give it another look.

Robin IS there. You just have to look more.

It kinda sucks that there's a lot of Adventure Time characters when there could have been more characters that could have been placed there instead, but AT IS their current program. It's a way of marketing themselves, I guess?

I can understand because AT is probably their biggest show at the moment. But honestly, it doesn't bother me, I mean, they still focused on a good bit of a lot of the old characters and it's awesome of them to even show them at all. I mean, it's awesome of them to even show these characters again in celebration. I am loving that about CN. they move on and do new things but that doesn't stop them from celebrating their history for a whole month. Seriously, CN is awesome for choosing to remember their past and do things like this. I mean, they had to animate new things for the old characters for the music video and have them drawn again for the poster. Did they have to make a music video? Did they even haven to make new animations instead of just mashing up old clips? Did they have to make a poster? Or even make a poll? Or even do this whole celebrating? No, they didn't. But they did. I love that. It shows that the people at CN still care enough to remember and honor their past. I love it. And I am so happy to see people appreciating it and enjoying it.

It's odd. I've been around for the whole block's history except for the first five years. I've been there since What a Cartoon?, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd n Eddy's premiere, Toonami's start all the way through the dark age. I loved the golden age. But man that dark age sucked and I knew it even when it was going on. So it really made me happy to see it have such a renaissance in 2010. No more live action crap, new good animated shows, less censorship and more PG shows and just overall being better. And this year has been really good to us fans with Cartoon Planet and Toonami being revived along with this whole celebration. Seriously, it's so great to see this victim of network decay getting so much better. I grew up with this block and to see it doing better and people appreciating stuff like this fills me with so much joy.

Oh and here's the poll on Cartoon Network's site because I don;t think it was ever posted on here.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/birthday/index.html

• Thumbs Up 4

Seriously, CN is awesome for choosing to remember their past and do things like this. I mean, they had to animate new things for the old characters for the music video and have them drawn again for the poster. Did they have to make a music video? Did they even haven to make new animations instead of just mashing up old clips? Did they have to make a poster? Or even make a poll? Or even do this whole celebrating? No, they didn't. But they did. I love that. It shows that the people at CN still care enough to remember and honor their past. I love it. And I am so happy to see people appreciating it and enjoying it.

Not to mention the fact that some of the older characters made some sounds and said some phrases here and there. That means CN had to track down some of the old VA's of said characters just for this thing. Either that or they got good imitation voices, but it was still nice.

He is there along with Dukey at the very right side of the poster, around the middle.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I hate how most of the people voting don't even know who Aku is. :\

LOL. Are you talking about for the best villain or whatever that catagory is? I voted Mojo. I mean come on. Mojo JoJo is fucking amazing. Aku is great (and his VA is also Iroh from Avatar L.A.B.) but Mojo is legendary.

• Thumbs Up 1

But Aku is THE evil villian. You may like Mojo better, but Aku destroyed the goddamned world.

• Thumbs Up 2