Awoo.

Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary

Guys, I have come back with amazing news.

Genndy Tartakovsky said he has been considering rebooting Sym-Bionic Titan, now that he's done with Hotel Transylvania.

• Thumbs Up 8

Sadly, I wasn't able to catch cartoon network during my earlier years, due to our idiot cable broadcasters not even having it. Thankfully, when my family lived with my grandparents for a while, they had Cartoon Network, and that was around the time when the original shows were taking over the Hanna Barbara shows. (Which I enjoyed too, don't get me wrong)

Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Ed Edd and Eddy, and Powerpuff Girls... I believe the Powerpuff Girls were my favorite out of all the CN Toons of the nineties. I can't really explain why, but there was something very addicting about that cartoon... And my dad would make fun of me every chance he got whenever he caught me listening to the theme song and watching the show.

Dad, I'll never forgive you for that. >=(

Anyways the 2000s cartoons... Aside from Foster's Home, the cartoons around that time were pretty bleh. The current cartoons on cartoon network are pretty awesome though... It's good to see the folks at CN are letting the animators get away with more in terms of violence and humor... I think that's what's making them so successful nowadays, making it both entertaining for kids and adults.

Genndy Tartakovsky said he has been considering rebooting Sym-Bionic Titan, now that he's done with Hotel Transylvania.

Now there's a show I regret missing out on! If cartoon network decides to give it another chance, then there's no way I'm missing out on this.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 2

You....

You just made my day.

Does that mean it's coming back to Cartoon Network? With their recent focus on animaiton again, there might be slot for the show. If the show does come back, I hope it contiunes its rise in quality as the final episodes of the show were great.

But Aku is THE evil villian. You may like Mojo better, but Aku destroyed the goddamned world.

AND had great character to boot. He consitantly taunted Jack throught the series and he had a cool design. Mojo is a great character (one of my favoret cartoon villans, who cannot love a smart monkey!) but Aku is the best villan.

Anyone remember this game?

Oh man, I remember it. It's an episodic game on cartoon network.com that I would always play and i would never figure out how to beat any of them

Well, I actually played it a few months ago... and wow did it ever age badly. I guess I'm a bit spoiled about how much technology and game making programs have improved these days, but this looks like a cheaply made game in from those old game maker programs. And the final episode (The one I posted here) has some of the most oddest parings that I've ever seen in an official game. BubblesxCourage OTP?

However, I ignored all that... C'mon this was a game I played during my childhood. If anything, I was more amused by it than creeped out.

In the end, I managed to beat all of the episodes. And with that, my childhood was complete.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 6

Things just keep getting better and better now.

Cartoon Network is slowly rising from it's ashes as a channel similar to how the Sonic series rose from it's ashes in 2008 onward.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy crap.

Cartoon Network has been picking itself up, but this.

Courage The Cowardly Dog was my show, man...and I immediately noticed him on the picture along with Time Squad! Surprised they got a spot.

I also remember people saying "What DID Ever Happen To Robot Jones?" but now we know, he was getting ready for this!

I think my head's gonna explode from Nostalgia now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cartoon Network really teased me with the 20th Anniversary stuff. I just had a 10 minute flashback of my childhood, watching the greats of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, The Flintstones, Tom & Jerry (& Kids), Looney Tunes, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Codename: Kids Next Door, Top Cat, Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends (COCO! <3), Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (WHY did they cancel this WHY), Cow & Chicken with I Am Weasel, Sheep in the Big City, 2 Stupid Dogs...

What Cartoon Network had was gold. This is when I was happy to leave on Cartoon Network on almost all the time. I would still do if these were all on today.

And those city bumpers Nintendoga posted gave me even more goosebumps. Man, how I loved those bumpers. IMO, those were Cartoon Network's best bumpers of all time. Nothing can top those. The moment they got rid of them on TV, I knew it was the beginning of the downfall for Cartoon Network.

Nickelodeon had Rugrats and Hey Arnold, but even Nick IMO can touch the power Cartoon Network once had.

Happy anniversary Cartoon Network. Thank you for the best cartoons pre-2006. If only we can all go back...

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Anyone remember this game?

God yes. I'm pretty sure this was the first ever game I played online, it would take hours to load on my parent's slow machine thanks to the weak internet we had, but I'd spend ages on each episode to get the full experience. Replayed it again a few weeks ago, and it loaded in a few seconds and took me a really short amount of time to blitz all the episodes. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Cartoon Network really teased me with the 20th Anniversary stuff. I just had a 10 minute flashback of my childhood, watching the greats of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, The Flintstones, Tom & Jerry (& Kids), Looney Tunes, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Codename: Kids Next Door, Top Cat, Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends (COCO! <3), Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (WHY did they cancel this WHY), Cow & Chicken with I Am Weasel, Sheep in the Big City, 2 Stupid Dogs...

What Cartoon Network had was gold. This is when I was happy to leave on Cartoon Network on almost all the time. I would still do if these were all on today.

And those city bumpers Nintendoga posted gave me even more goosebumps. Man, how I loved those bumpers. IMO, those were Cartoon Network's best bumpers of all time. Nothing can top those. The moment they got rid of them on TV, I knew it was the beginning of the downfall for Cartoon Network.

Nickelodeon had Rugrats and Hey Arnold, but even Nick IMO can touch the power Cartoon Network once had.

Happy anniversary Cartoon Network. Thank you for the best cartoons pre-2006. If only we can all go back...

Go back? Why? I can watch any episode on DVD, Youtube, etc. I <3 my Regular Show, Adventure Time, Young Justice, Cartoon Planet, and Toonami.

Go back? Why? I can watch any episode on DVD, Youtube, etc. I <3 my Regular Show, Adventure Time, Young Justice, Cartoon Planet, and Toonami.

I think he means qulity wise, the shows back then were better. While those past shows are classic (Powerpuff Girls, Dexter, Ed's, Jonny Brovo, and Courge esspecally) cartoon network still has a strong set of shows. Regular Show and Adventure Time are outstanding cartoons that feel both classic AND modern, having the quolity levels of thouse past shows. While there other programs have some ways to go before reaching that quoilty (Ben 10 Ominiverse needs more episodes before any jugdement and Gumball isn't as good as Adventure Time), Cartoon Network has a bright future ahead.

• Thumbs Up 4

I tried watching Adventure Time, I just didn't like it for some reason. Yet again, it felt like I was watching Flapjack v2.0.

Oh and I miss Camp Lazlo too. Forgot about that show.

I tried watching Adventure Time, I just didn't like it for some reason. Yet again, it felt like I was watching Flapjack v2.0.

Oh and I miss Camp Lazlo too. Forgot about that show.

>Adventure Time

>Flapjack 2.0

wat

>Adventure Time

>Flapjack 2.0

wat

It might sound crazy to you, but to me it is.

Finally got around to seeing that 20th Birthday video, and man is that a thing of beauty. The animation is incredibly stellar, considering how the animation style for each represented character was spot-on, to the point I'd say that video's use of medium blending animation is so epic, it gives Nickelodeon's nostalgic Home Video intro bumper a run for it's money (which can be seen below).

I cannot believe it's been 20 years since my favorite channel has started. I feel old, and I'm 14. XD

Yeah, this channel had and has some of the best cartoons Inwtahced while growing up, including Courage, KND, B&M, Dexter, PowerPuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Foster's, etc. This day, they have Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, and such. This is a channel I will always have in my heart!

You rock, CN! Happy Birthday!

Holy crap.

Cartoon Network has been picking itself up, but this.

Courage The Cowardly Dog was my show, man...and I immediately noticed him on the picture along with Time Squad! Surprised they got a spot.

Where was Time Squad mentioned?

"You're the network for watching cartoons." With this, all the great stuff this year and the possible rebrand and tagline, I am very happy.

Oh here's an interview with the people behind the music video.

http://motionographe...by-i-love-dust/

Oh and a NEW VIDEO FEATURING MORE CLASSIC AND NEW CHARACTERS WITH SOME THAT WEREN'T IN THE POSTER AND MUSIC VIDEO AND EVEN GIVES SOME CLASSIC CHARACTERS NEW LINES! AND EITHER THEY'RE REALLY GOOD IMPRESSIONS OR THE ORIGINALS! Squeee~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ga-xz3XtrPM

So... hey. Hey, Cartoon Network. Hey, hey, Cartoon netowrk. CN! I may not speak for everyone but... just between you and me....

You're forgiven.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 9

"You're the network for watching cartoons." With this, all the great stuff this year and the possible rebrand and tagline, I am very happy.

Oh here's an interview with the people behind the music video.

http://motionographe...by-i-love-dust/

Oh and a NEW VIDEO FEATURING MORE CLASSIC AND NEW CHARACTERS WITH SOME THAT WEREN'T IN THE POSTER AND MUSIC VIDEO AND EVEN GIVES SOME CLASSIC CHARACTERS NEW LINES! AND EITHER THEY'RE REALLY GOOD IMPRESSIONS OR THE ORIGINALS! Squeee~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ga-xz3XtrPM

So... hey. Hey, Cartoon Network. Hey, hey, Cartoon netowrk. CN! I may not speak for everyone but... just between you and me....

You're forgiven.

That video.....full of win.

Weekday television still needs a lot of work, and I mean a lot of work before I forgive them.

For a bonus, please cancel The Annoying Orange CN. You canceled great shows before, but you can't cancel this?

Pretty nerving to have shows like Thundercats and Generator Rex shown in that video when there actual show statuses are TBA atm. just fucking make up your mind already, canceled or not just give us an answer CN.