Awoo.

A Reboot.......Of The Comic Series?

Chaos Warp

I've liked Universe so far. And so do the fans, clearly - it's beaten Sonic X. So I'd prefer if they keep the current formula.

Of course, that's not to say they can't release a special issue like they used to do back in the day, every few months or so, that expands on the game canon. Assuming profits are high, it's always worth considering expansion.

It's isn't just how Mammoth Mogul looks, it's his powers, they are outlandish considering he's a mobian and not an actual god or supernatural creature like Chip or Chaos.

And they're more outlandish than Knuckles and Shadow's Chaos Powers, Tails' powers as a chosen one, Silver's Telekinesis, or Enerjak's omnipotence? All of which are mobians instead of gods or supernatural creatures. (Demi-god or not, Enerjak is a mobian like all the others)

In fact, Mammoth's powers were what made him a Demi-god in other issues before he settled down the way he is now. Sounds more like a case of making excuses, dude. Little FYI, Mammoth Mogul has a Chaos Emerald inside of him, and I'm pretty sure you know what those things are capable of, do you not?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

And they're more outlandish than Knuckles and Shadow's Chaos Powers, Tails' powers as a chosen one, Silver's Telekinesis, or Enerjak's omnipotence? All of which are mobians instead of gods or supernatural creatures. (Demi-god or not, Enerjak is a mobian like all the others)

It's a good thing that villains normally are given more leeway in terms of being overpowered for this reason. Mogul is second to only the fates themselves, by his own admission. Even so, alongside Enerjak, while he has potential, he needs to rotate antagonist with the others to avoid becoming too stale.

I am curious to see what caused him to fall from grace in the future, rather than go through with his original plan to conquer the world once Sonic was dealt with by time.

It's isn't just how Mammoth Mogul looks, it's his powers, they are outlandish considering he's a mobian and not an actual god or supernatural creature like Chip or Chaos.

Chaos is a mutated chao. Why can't Mogul be a mutated mammoth?

• Thumbs Up 3

The ironic thing here is that for a time there, Mogal was a legit god.

(he was overpowered by Tails btw, which should put all this talk of outlandish to bed right there)

• Sonic News

A reboot is the last thing the comic needs right now. There are lots of subplots going, lots of things that still need to be written and developments that can happen. And really, what would the purpose of a reboot be? To be more like the games? It's already as close to the games as it needs to be. Ian went out of his way in his early years to make the comics more like the games. Archie Sonic's continuity has been around almost as long as Sonic has, and unlike the games it's actually kept one consistent, solid continuity throughout.

We're also far enough away from the comic's dark period and it's older stories that most of the issues with those stories aren't much of a burden on the current plot. Not to mention, any reboot would need to have original characters to work. Ian has stated time and time again that SEGA mandates wouldn't allow for serious character development in any of the video game characters. Any changes made to them would be temporary, and the comics wouldn't be able to grow and evolve as they've been able to in the current continuity. There'd HAVE to be original characters, so why not stick with the ones we already got? Or if you hate them, replace them with new ones in that continuity?

The only thing I would ever be in favor of is a retelling of the comic's earlier stories. Sort of a "Sonic: Year One". Retell the first fifty issues with the current writing style and tone, fix inconsistencies, etc. This is something done with comic book characters to update their origin story for modern times. It could work with Sonic, and would be a much better way of "retelling" them.

(he was overpowered by Tails btw, which should put all this talk of outlandish to bed right there)

Fortunately, buff!God Tails is widely disliked by the Archie fanbase. In 06 fashion, the plot was so horrid the series itself erased it from existence. :P

The best retcon is when the plot itself does it.

The only thing I would ever be in favor of is a retelling of the comic's earlier stories. Sort of a "Sonic: Year One". Retell the first fifty issues with the current writing style and tone, fix inconsistencies, etc. This is something done with comic book characters to update their origin story for modern times. It could work with Sonic, and would be a much better way of "retelling" them.

This would be excellent. Except for those with really good memories, retcons would be easily squeezed in here and tie up the loose ends. In a non-genocidal fashion.

Fortunately, buff!God Tails is widely disliked by the Archie fanbase. In 06 fashion, the plot was so horrid the series itself erased it from existence. tongue.png

The best retcon is when the plot itself does it.

1.) I'm pretty sure it wasn't retcon'd. Tails just effectively memory wiped all the mortals. This isn't a Sonic 06 situation where the events were erased from the timeline and "never happened". This most certainly did happen and a few key individuals can attest to that.

2.) Even if it was a retcon, and even if most people don't like it, its still a proof of concept. You can't call Mogul's powers outlandish when he can be outclassed by other mobians.

1.) I'm pretty sure it wasn't retcon'd. Tails just effectively memory wiped all the mortals. This isn't a Sonic 06 situation where the events were erased from the timeline and "never happened". This most certainly did happen and a few key individuals can attest to that.

What I meant was it's almost a retcon (since the vast majority of minds were wiped), not that it is a technical one (where it's an out of world decision and not an in-world one). We are only the product of our memories at the end of the day, etc.

2.) Even if it was a retcon, and even if most people don't like it, its still a proof of concept. You can't call Mogul's powers outlandish when he can be outclassed by other mobians.

Oh I know this much I just felt like commenting on Titan Tails.

Fortunately Mr. Flynn hasn't dabbled in total God character status anywhere near as much as his predecessors.

Even Dark Enerjak still has tons of flaws and weaknesses, with his hotheadedness (I wonder who he could -possibly- be underneath all that armor and cloth) and arrogance, and the fact Silver was able to easily beat him with a bit of logic.

And with Mogul basically isolating himself off from the plot, that issue has been rendered moot as well. The most prominent chaos energy villain is Finitevus, and he too takes a low profile. The demigods have taken a backseat to Eggman (which demonstrates that the comics have indeed become closer to the games, with Eggman once more at the top of his game instead of being a distraction from Monster of the Week).

What I meant was it's almost a retcon (since the vast majority of minds were wiped), not that it is a technical one (where it's an out of world decision and not an in-world one). We are only the product of our memories at the end of the day, etc.

Alright then.

Oh I know this much I just felt like commenting on Titan Tails.

Fortunately Mr. Flynn hasn't dabbled in total God character status anywhere near as much as his predecessors.

Even Dark Enerjak still has tons of flaws and weaknesses, with his hotheadedness (I wonder who he could -possibly- be underneath all that armor and cloth) and arrogance, and the fact Silver was able to easily beat him with a bit of logic.

And with Mogul basically isolating himself off from the plot, that issue has been rendered moot as well. The most prominent chaos energy villain is Finitevus, and he too takes a low profile. The demigods have taken a backseat to Eggman (which demonstrates that the comics have indeed become closer to the games, with Eggman once more at the top of his game instead of being a distraction from Monster of the Week).

Agree'd.