Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) | A Cartoon Network Original - USA: April 4th, 2016 | UK: April 25th | Escape from Monster Island / Princess Buttercup

Ming Ming Hatsune

3 hours ago, Tara said:

From what we've seen, this show isn't comparable to TTG since it's clearly intended to be a revival of sorts of the original series, whilst TTG was from the get-go meant to be a different take (and by extension, a parody) of the series it's based on.

Anyway, I'm actually glad they're doing something a little bit different with this series.  I feel like if they tried to capture the original show too loyally, it would never live up to expectations of fans.  I am curious to see what this new direction entails.  That is, if it will be just another comedy series or if they will try to do something more story-oriented?  I'd be up for either one, personally!

Agreed. I'd be interested in something more story based too. Even more comedy based. But I almost wonder if they'd do something more............... how do I put this, emotionally based? Kinda like some of the scenes you find in steven universe or other cartoons that aren't meant to have some long running journey or something like that, but just have their funny moments and their more dramatic moments. Don't know how that would apply to PPG but this whole time I was kinda hoping for something different and the vast majority of the complaints I've heard are about how it's different. 

So I can't tell for sure, but it seems from what I can tell that the majority of reactions to the new show are generally pessimistic or negative?

New video

I'm beginning to wonder if these are shorts as in "clips" from actual episodes or if they're just "shorts" for the cartoon network channel. 

Actually yea that is what they are from what I can tell. Underneath videos like this on cartoon networks youtube channel, clips like these are labeled as "Original Shorts" probably just for their website, but other things are named "Episode Clip" which have an original description underneath. The Air Buttercup was also just a short too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow. I'm actually really beginning to enjoy this.

Also, Bubbles is seriously reminding me of her PPGZ incarnation more and more with these clips.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow that short was actually very enjoyable. If the rest of the show is like this I think we got a good series here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Loving these shorts! PPG was basically my show in the 90's (Alongside Pokemon), so an actual really well done modern take on it coming along makes me super hyped. Can't wait until it fully premieres!

Also really nice to hear Tom Kane back as Utonium.

The blog one is a little bit weaker, but it was cute!  Bubbles is so adorable and I can't wait to see her in the actual show!!!

Ya know what? I was just re listening to the theme song. 

1st time: I hated it.

2nd time: meh I guess I'll tolerate it

3rd time: actually my foots beginning to tap, it's kinda catchy

now: 

Seriously WTF happened?!!!

Here's an interesting tidbit, Craig McCracken, the creator of the original series was asked by CN if he wanted to work on the new one, but due to being under contract with Disney, wasn't able to.

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Here's an interesting tidbit, Craig McCracken, the creator of the original series was asked by CN if he wanted to work on the new one, but due to being under contract with Disney, wasn't able to.

Considering recent events, this might change in due time.

On 3/6/2016 at 8:05 PM, nintega137 said:

So I can't tell for sure, but it seems from what I can tell that the majority of reactions to the new show are generally pessimistic or negative?

On tumblr it's pretty bad, though Tumblr loves to complain abuot anything they get their claws on with the slightest flaws and rip it apart so I just ignore them. Most on what ive seen about the series so far lokos fine, not crazy about the artstyle, but ill deal

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Oof yeah, I've heard from many people working at Disney how bad it can get. From what I've learned you can't break away from what you're working. No multiple projects (though under rare cases it might be allowed if it's in-house), no working with anyone other than Disney, you can't even pitch new ideas for a show if you're a creator or audition for any roles if you're an actor. Really sucks how it's kind of a "When you're with Disney, you will REMAIN IN DISNEY" kind of situation with their contracts. Not sure if any other companies do this, but it really makes me hope they get paid a lot to be put under those constraints. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the episode "Tiara Trouble"...
Meet Bubbles. She likes animals, and she can bench-press a building. Because #GymLife.

Looks like Polky Oaks Kindergarten got a massive upgrade.

EDIT- Just noticed that the building says "Community Center," so it's not the usual Kindergarten.  Still, it's a little misleading when Bubbles describes it as the "school building."

1 hour ago, Tara said:

Looks like Polky Oaks Kindergarten got a massive upgrade.

EDIT- Just noticed that the building says "Community Center," so it's not the usual Kindergarten.  Still, it's a little misleading when Bubbles describes it as the "school building."

When did she refer to it as "the school building?" She said "Whole Building". 

8 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

When did she refer to it as "the school building?" She said "Whole Building". 

Oops, you're right. XD - Double fail.

The way she said "this whole building" sort of blended together and it sounded like "the school building" when I first heard it.  My bad.

11 minutes ago, Tara said:

Oops, you're right. XD - Double fail.

The way she said "this whole building" sort of blended together and it sounded like "the school building" when I first heard it.  My bad.

Lol, no biggy. 

The more interesting tidbit I think is the fact the Mayor has finally made his first appearance, and retains his original design and voice actor.

I think it was found out at some point...that only the girls wouldd be getting new VAs. 

13 hours ago, nintega137 said:

I forgot about this video.

Now that looks so much better than the animation that originally accompanied this promo! Looking back it, it looks like they cut corners compared to what this guy did!

From the episode "Little Octi Lost"...

Blossom puts two-and-two together and figures out who stole Octi!

• Thumbs Up 1