Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) | A Cartoon Network Original - USA: April 4th, 2016 | UK: April 25th | Escape from Monster Island / Princess Buttercup

Ming Ming Hatsune

1DL9hzI.png

I'm not even sorry. Okay maybe a little bit

Topic title changed. =P

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 2

Woah woah WOAH.

IT'S SAMURAI JACK ART STYLE, MAN.

Did you not see it until now?

Wait, what. I just realised.

Okay, it has an influence maybe but not exactly that.

To be honest, I really liked the original style. I was like 5 when the series stopped and about 1/2 of my childhood was this show. (Should be so)

To see them just take away some of the things I really adored about the show (artstyle and design. Seriously I had like 3 Bubbles plushies.) and call it a special, doesn't go right with me.

Woah woah WOAH.

IT'S SAMURAI JACK ART STYLE, MAN.

Did you not see it until now?

Maybe this:

samurai-jack-totally-looks-like-professo

will be all the more apparent in the special.

Edited by Old Freddy

samurai-jack-totally-looks-like-professo

MY GOD

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Where are people getting that that piece of art is indicative of the final product? I swear I saw it on one of blogs of someone attached to the new project and it was just a piece of fanart they did, but I can't seem to find the original post now that the entire internet is reposting it without a source and are complaining about the designs lol

Edited by Junko Enoshima

Wow, thanks for saying I'm overreacting and not being logical with my thoughts because I just don't find it appealing.

More detail - They're unsymmetrical, really jagged, the hair is messy, the proportions of their limbs just look jarring because of how thin they are, the way the hair covers the eyes looks jarring and unappealing, and their heads look like misshapen pebbles.

I don't dislike it because it's different, I just think it looks, to be frank, really ugly and unappealing. I love the clean, symmetrical roundness of the original designs. Nostalgia may have a slight part in it, sure, but I think the clean simplicity of it gives it the charm it has. Honestly, I'm not even a biggest fan of the art style of everything else in the original show, but I think the girls' designs themselves look fantastic.

But hey you could just say I hate it because it's different that's totally fair.

Was this directed at me?...

Was this directed at me?...

Uh.

Just went back to look at your post. Didn't see you suggest that anywhere, so I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Nah, it wasn't.

Uh.

Just went back to look at your post. Didn't see you suggest that anywhere, so I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Nah, it wasn't.

It just came directly under mine so I was thinking "when did the hell did I say that" Just makin sure.

Topic title changed. =P

Please feel free to use it on the main topic somewhere if you want to. :)

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I said overreacting because I was shocked at how people could react with such repugnance toward them when I saw the art. Even if I didn't like them I wouldn't find them that drastic of a change from the originals. I'd say comments like "eye-bleedingly hideous" are overreacting, which basically was what prompted me to say it. 

...I'm sorry. ;m;

But eh, I dunno. I guess that was jumping the gun a bit - and of course, I wrote that right when I first saw it - but eh...even when I look at it now, I just can't get into it. They really do just look kind of like...weird, little abominations to me. I dunno, maybe I'll change my mind when it's animated? Of course, as far as I know, this isn't even officially confirmed, so we may just be complaining about nothing.

• 2 months later...

Well if it's old, it's never have been posted in this thread. Updated first post with it.

• 4 months later...

The title of the special was "leaked" by video CN uploaded that was about all the awful new shows they're creating.

Anyway the name of the CGI special will be "Powerpuff Girls Dance Pants R-EVIL-ution" which is a um...pun of DDR.

Judging back the lack of footage, marketing, no new info or announcements of this at Comic-con, I doubt this is going to air this year.

Eh

Ever since Cartoon Network changed president, the channel went down the tubes. Recently, there has been several shows (Regular Show and Adventure Time) that has been popular here in the SSMB (but personally none of those shows interest me.)

So it kinda looks like Cartoon Network are doing their best to get back to their old selves.

UPDATE: Confirmed to be a special.

Yippy! Powerpuff Girls I watched that when it first came on "The What a Cartoon Show" and I think I was 6 years old. smile.png They should bring the show back! smile.png I STRONGLY agree Cartoon Network went down the tubes from that point. I seen Regular Show and Adventure Time and they are popular mainly among the 12-17 year olds. I personally find Regular Show okay though it weird huh.png and Adventure Time I must admit is the most stupidest cartoons I ever seen on there! blink.png It makes no sense at all! And those ANNOYING "What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!" commercials! Anyway, bring back the others like Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo and that channel become great again! laugh.png

I was unable to see those shows when growing up because here in the "Mountain Time Zone" that the U.S. TV industry ignores, The Cartoon Cartoon Friday thing started late at night. The shows started at 7p-10p Eastern, 6p-9p Central, 5p-8p or 8p-11p Mountain, 7p-10p Pacific, 6p-9p Alaska, and 5p-8p Hawaii and I had the 8p-11p Mountain and I had to be in bed by 8:30p sad.png and we had west coast TV feed because they not want kids seeing Adult Swim at 8p and pushed it to 11p. Okay that all I got to say about it! smile.png

Edited by TailsTellsTales
  • Thumbs Up 1

and Adventure Time I must admit is the most stupidest cartoons I ever seen on there! blink.png It makes no sense at all! And those ANNOYING "What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!" commercials! Anyway, bring back the others like Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo and that channel become great again! laugh.png

First off, There's a lot more to Adventure Time than "Not making sense." It's actually gotten pretty dramatic and serious at some points and actually has an interesting story at times. Personally, I could do without some of teen angst and drama that's been seen quite a bit as of recently, but a lot of people have gotten into the show after that point, so I'd say give it another chance.

Secondly, I disagree with bringing back old shows just to "make it great again." I don't mind one shots like this one, but I'd rather see fresh new talents with new Ideas rather than remaking everything just to cater to an older, nostalgia goggle wearing audience. Not to mention, most shows that tend to be rebooted have a tendency to not live up to the original.

Anyways, back to this special. Despite some of my disagreements with the route this is taking (particularly the CG animation) Its a shame that it's possibly going to delayed, i'm kind of curious to see what this is all about.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 7

I WANNA BE BUBBLES!! I Love the powerpuff girls!!! :3

I remember the old movie, and it would be soo neat if there was a decent comeback!

• Thumbs Up 1

First off, There's a lot more to Adventure Time than "Not making sense." It's actually gotten pretty dramatic and serious at some points and actually has an interesting story at times. Personally, I could do without some of the drama, but a lot of people have gotten into the show after that point, so I'd say give it another chance.

Secondly, I disagree with bringing back old shows just to "make it great again." I don't mind one shots like this one, but I'd rather see fresh new talents with new Ideas rather than remaking everything just to cater to an older, nostalgia goggle wearing audience. Not to mention, most shows that tend to be rebooted have a tendency to not live up to the original.

Anyways, back to this special. Despite some of my disagreements with the route this is taking (particularly the CG animation) Its a shame that it's possibly going to delayed, i'm kind of curious to see what this is all about.

I would still occasionally watch though little. But seriously I tend to like shows that have no sense to them, but to me it feels like Cartoon Network had found truck load of cocaine and meth and used it all in 5 minutes and Adventure Time was born! I saw the part of Adventure Time where Finn was taken from "angel" who says "I'm going to devour your flesh" in "angel" sounding voice. That can only come from cocaine or twisted genius! I admit it makes more sense than Chowder show. I agree they should bring back something similar to "The What a Cartoon Show" where Powerpuff Girls came from at. I not know what "nostalgia" means. I heard word in this better not be insult. You are right about the reboot. This would not be reboot because instead they would start the Powerpuff Girls and other shows where they ended than.

I WANNA BE BUBBLES!! I Love the powerpuff girls!!! :3

I remember the old movie, and it would be soo neat if there was a decent comeback!

Everybody loves Powerpuff Girls well except for Mojo Jojo and other villains. I like Bubbles and Buttercup with Blossom being okay. When new element is found they should name it Professor Utonium get it! I can't be a Powerpuff Girl because I'm a boy! There is the Rowdyruff Boys if memory is serving me right!

Instead of double/triple posting (posts made in a row by the same member), please use the Edit button below your post to add extra content, thanks!

I unable to do that on my weird phone since it will only display 1,024 characters. I on computer though at Job Center and can type this thing. I have no computer internet at home. When it gets above 1,024 than I shrink it down to fit otherwise new message. I made it message shorter neat!

Edited by TailsTellsTales
Posts have been merged together.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, I liked PPG growing up, so maybe I'll give it a shot. A little disappointed that it'll be CGI, though.

I would still occasionally watch though little. But seriously I tend to like shows that have no sense to them, but to me it feels like Cartoon Network had found truck load of cocaine and meth and used it all in 5 minutes and Adventure Time was born! I saw the part of Adventure Time where Finn was taken from "angel" who says "I'm going to devour your flesh" in "angel" sounding voice. That can only come from cocaine or twisted genius! I admit it makes more sense than Chowder show. I using mobile phone and unable to put all the quote on there will split into 2 messages than.

There's A LOT more to Adventure Time than that. It sounds like you've only seen a little bit of the first season. Adventure Time takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting, after the world was destroyed in the aftermath of "The Great Mushroom War", a nuclear holocaust that brought humanity to near-extinction. Finn is seemingly the last human being left alive, and has to grow up in a world that's batshit insane. A recurring theme is Finn's growth from a boy to a man, as he grows in real time; in Season 1, he was 12 and now he's currently 15 years old. He's dealing with puberty, trying to find a deeper companionship because he's kinda lonely, so he's been trying to get a girlfriend for a while, but none of them are actually human; the best he could find are the humanoid women. On the other side of the spectrum, he's dealing with various threats and horrors that lie within Ooo, such as The Lich, who wants to end all life period, and Marciline's Dad, who's pretty much the king of the underworld, and takes pleasure in torturing folks and eating souls for sustenance. Then you have the Ice King, who probably has the most messed up back story in the whole series, and Lemongrab, one of the creepiest, most psychotic characters in the whole series. Hell, recent episodes have even dealt with cannibalism! Seriously, the show gets pretty dark at times. If you really gave it a chance, and got past the first season or two, you'd see that AT is pretty messed up if you actually pay attention to what goes on. It's essentially Fallout, A boy and his dog, Skyrim, Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons, and early Spongebob thrown into a blender with a lot of drugs.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 2