Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls (2016) | A Cartoon Network Original - USA: April 4th, 2016 | UK: April 25th | Escape from Monster Island / Princess Buttercup

Ming Ming Hatsune

Interesting, I liked PPG growing up, so maybe I'll give it a shot. A little disappointed that it'll be CGI, though.

There's A LOT more to Adventure Time than that. It sounds like you've only seen a little bit of the first season. Adventure Time takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting, after the world was destroyed in the aftermath of "The Great Mushroom War", a nuclear holocaust that brought humanity to near-extinction. Finn is seemingly the last human being left alive, and has to grow up in a world that's batshit insane. A recurring theme is Finn's growth from a boy to a man, as he grows in real time; in Season 1, he was 12 and now he's currently 15 years old. He's dealing with puberty, trying to find a deeper companionship because he's kinda lonely, so he's been trying to get a girlfriend for a while, but none of them are actually human; the best he could fine are the humanoid women. On the other said of the spectrum, he's dealing with various threats and horrors that lie within Ooo, such as The Lich, who wants to end all life period, and Marciline's Dad, who's pretty much the king of the underworld, and takes pleasure in torturing folks and eating souls for sustenance. Then you have the Ice King, who probably has the most messed up back story in the whole series, and Lemongrab, one of the creepiest, most psychotic characters in the whole series. Hell, recent episodes have even dealt with cannibalism! Seriously, the show gets pretty dark at times. If you really gave it a chance, and got past the first season or two, you'd see that AT is pretty messed up if you actually pay attention to what goes on. It's essentially Fallout, A boy and his dog, Skyrim, Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons, and early Spongebob thrown into a blender with a lot of drugs.

I did not know that at all! If this true than that would mean there is some sense in this show which is shocking to find out! What about the bunny hat what's up with that? The world is incredibly insane agree strongly! I seen the underworld episode. You mean SpongeBob from when it started in May 1999 that early back!

I did not know that at all! If this true than that would mean there is some sense in this show which is shocking to find out! What about the bunny hat what's up with that? The world is incredibly insane agree strongly! I seen the underworld episode. You mean SpongeBob from when it started in May 1999 that early back!

Off topic, but according to the show, the surviving humans wore animal themed hats to keep their heads warm, as many of them had to live underground, until they were found by viscous, man-eating creatures that slaughtered most of whoever was left, leaving Finn and possibly Susan Strong as the only survivors that aren't mutants. Basically, Finn was given that hat by his birth parents as a baby, before they were killed by cruel mother nature, leading him to getting adopted into Jake's family of dogs, becoming his foster brother. Everything you see in the series seems to be connected one way or another. It has a consistent continuity that leads up to bigger things. I mean like the first 3 seasons of Spongebob, yeah. I suggest you give the show another chance before passing judgement.

We should take this discussion to the Adventure Time thread, since this is off topic.

Edited by Tomoki

...so does this special actually exist or what? :/

I'm wondering the same thing! We haven't heard anything about this special, not even at Comic Con and it was supposed to come out this year, right? I have a feeling it's been delayed till next year, which is annoying because I wanted to see it just out of curiousity. XP

So I did not even know this was even a thing. So I pretty much had every emotion that this thread displayed in a matter of 30 minutes. 

I'm looking forward to it. I haven't turned on my TV for months so yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you guys know, the special is called "PPG: Dance Pants R-EVIL-UTION

But does it actually exist?

• 3 months later...

I'm not seeing anything but merchandise posts from the 2nd December and back.

It seems only Americans are allowed to see the post.

It seems only Americans are allowed to see the post.

But all I can see are the merchandise as well

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/cartoon-network-sets-new-powerpuff-girls-special-1200963060/

Press release 

Cartoon Network is adding a little sugar, spice and everything nice back to its lineup — for one night, at least.

The cabler has slated a new “Powerpuff Girls” special for January, one that will reunite the original voice cast Catherine Cavadini, Tara Strong, E.G. Daily, Roger L. Jackson, Tom Kane and Tom Kenny.

Ringo Starr is also joining the cast for the special — he voices Fibonacci Sequins, Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician, in a special guest appearance. Starr also performs an original music vid and song for the program titled “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl.”

Dubbed “Dance Pantsed,” spesh follows Mojo Jojo as he kidnaps a mathematician, an opera singer and a badger to steal Chemical X and take over Townsville. But when the Powerpuff Girls thwart his plan, he invents an evil video game called “Dance Pants R-EVILution” to control their minds and bodies to fulfill his evil plot.

Special will debut Monday, Jan. 20 at 7:30 p.m., and be preceded by a 10-episode “Powerpuff Girls” marathon the day before.

Oh.Well I dunno what causes it to show up then.

Granted that probably because I'm on my phone instead of my laptop so ill check later but I digress. Is this mean to be a reboot or a one time thing?

Granted that probably because I'm on my phone instead of my laptop so ill check later but I digress. Is this mean to be a reboot or a one time thing?

It's a special. So likely a one-off.

A one time thing.

/Ninja'd

This is the second time they're using The Powerpuff Girls as a cash bag though so I'm expecting more specials in the future -_-

Their heads are even bigger than before. While I don't think the designs are super ugly; what needs to be done is for those damn heads to shrink.

The designs aren't THAT bad, I just think they look a little...jaggy. The originals had a softness to them, but these look weird. And yeah, their heads are even bigger now.

Well at least the original cast is back right?

Many said the same thing about Teen Titans GO before they actually watched it. Just sayin'.