Awoo.

ART: JezMM [Riders Amy/Pirahna Plant Gijinka/2B/Rouxls Kaard]

JezMM

Jez that drawing is so amazing, especially the right side. I don't even play Bioshock but this gave me them feels.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n4033gQN0S1s8insfo1_1280.png

That new PD character again, whom I've named Hope.

2a9x.png

Velvet from Cheesecake Odyssey, my half of the art trade Inferno and I did.

tumblr_n3zlvbNLis1s8insfo1_1280.png

The Phantasy Star Online 2 characters of (from left to right) myself, my old online friend Brix, and Mollfie.

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_n4b4tnQdBZ1s8insfo1_1280.png

Egg

The results of this poll, including replies over on tumblr, was joint 1st place for Rani and Alice plus one suggestion (from our very own Sean) to draw jackalope girls instead of plain ole bunny girls.

• Thumbs Up 4

These are some good pics.....I always wondered how long it takes to make each piece of art?

Varies from picture to picture of course.  Due to the fiddley-ness the Haruhi one took me about 3+ solid hours of work.  The majority of my standard fully coloured ladies with simple backgrounds are done in 1-2 hours each, occasionally 3 hours, and more if it has a fancy background (like my current signature of the snowy city which I kinda really need to replace it's nearly summer when did that happen aaa).

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_n4z89fjg8Q1s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n4z89fjg8Q1s8insfo2_1280.png

tumblr_n4z89fjg8Q1s8insfo3_1280.png

tumblr_n4z89fjg8Q1s8insfo4_1280.png

tumblr_n4z89fjg8Q1s8insfo5_1280.png

Tonight instead of drawing regular ole fanart I did my first ever 100% request-based stream.  Had some pretty entertaining results.  After the first six I decided I was done… but still ended up doing the remaining requests (and a few extra) in some form. I am pretty tired and can’t be bothered to list all these formally… however you can check out the chat log here to see exactly what was asked of me.  If you dropped in and enjoyed the music, here’s the playlist I was listening to.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yum yum Arararararagi.

Thanks for the art Jez you don't disappoint as usual. Had alot of fun at the stream :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya you did good, and we had more than a little fun with our requests(It still befuddles me how you missed my early comment that Wasp was the first Female avenger though :P )

Now I kinda feel in the mood to draw tomorrow... I mean I have the time and the tools, but focus and subject and refs are still issues...

h0yl.png

A fanservicey reminder that the Phantasm Dyad cast are UK dwellers.

Also these are from a few days back but didn't wanna go overload on last post due to all the stream sketches - some sketches of my PSO1 character Beatroot as I tried to get a feel for drawing her:

tumblr_n4rx06Y22H1s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n4uh20DkYT1s8insfo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 4

One of the Hooligan Sisters from Mighty Switch Force 2:

fomi.png

And gift art for Sean, his character Anna.  The picture is sfw, nothing shown at all, but it is suggestive since she's wearing nought but an apron, so putting it in a spoiler tag just to be on the safe side:

m3cx.png

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_n5p3f8ucik1s8insfo1_1280.png

Wanted to draw an Amy taking influence from a bunch of the various outfits she’s had over the years.  How many can you spot?

…Five.  You can spot five.  Not that many really.

Have a few other new things but I'll give them their own post later.

• Thumbs Up 7

Right, few new things:

tumblr_n5nc6bR1dK1s8insfo1_1280.png

Hope in a swimsuit

tumblr_n5qr070Obw1s8insfo1_1280.png

Random gift art for Spin Attaxx of his character Jessica.

64sc.png

An Alice that was planned for a group picture but as of a couple weeks since drawing this, has not progressed.

Finally, I also updated my commission info with some up to date examples and even clearer pricing:

tumblr_n5dyjy6rZk1s8insfo1_500.png

tumblr_n5dyjy6rZk1s8insfo2_500.png

ciu2.png

More Details and FAQ Here

• Thumbs Up 7

That Jess looks so cute (even if her forehead protrudes a bit and her thighs are longer than they should be), thank you so much!

Just a piccie of Kay today.

tumblr_n5yfs1un621s8insfo1_1280.png

This is actually a sfw edit of what was originally a nsfw picture because I liked how it came out too much, which is why she's doing a very oddly placed goofy thumbs up here.

I do have a couple of new nerdy bits of art but I feel I should keep my sexy art and regular ole art into separate posts so if anyone wants to Like the post it doesn't insinuate anything about which picture they like.  =B

Oh I'll just share this though too:

tumblr_n5qioxCZjO1s8insfo1_1280.png

Outfits with tons of different colours are really hard to get looking good, it’s something I’d like to get better at in the future.  I felt too much was going on with Amy’s look in the initial colouring on the left.  If you’re forced for some reason to draw an outfit with a bunch of colours as I did here (due to the pieces coming from a variety of costumes over the years), one thing you can do to unify and subdue them a bit more is choose a base colour (in my case here, the red of her top).  Colour in the garish elements with that unifying colour on a new layer, then adjust the transparency until it looks nice.  In this case, the Amy on the left is what I started with, the Amy on the right is her final base colours, which has the colouring in the centre layered on top at 50%.  I left her hairband blue because the red layering completely destroyed it’s colour, and honestly with the skirt and thighhighs subdued, I felt it looked alright to have one or two parts of the outfit “popping” and being eye-catching.

I’m no expert on… well anything, I just do what I do.  But thought maybe when the mood strikes me I’d give some random art tips that might be helpful to people especially if they’re super new to digital art I dunno?

• Thumbs Up 2

More gurlz incoming next post but here's some fanarty things from last week for now:

tumblr_n609wuDAvK1s8insfo1_1280.png

Just a random little simplistic spilling of something I’ve had in my head for a long time.  This is my personal headcanon for how the journey is laid out in Sonic 2 8-bit version - my first ever Sonic game (via originally EU exclusive Master System version that was way easier than the notorious game gear version, if you aren’t already in the know).

This isn’t what was in my imagination since I was a kid or anything, it was actually a layout I came up with while imagining “how would I tie these zones together if this game was remade with a full story mode or something”.  Having said that, imagining Scrambled Egg as being set in space in some kind of asteroid belt is how I have always seen the zone - I was surprised to learn I was in the minority with this opinion and that most people see it as a plain ole underground cave location, or a sort of “open” cave/valley type area looking out at a night sky.

My headcanon goes into total artistic license territory with the Crystal Egg Zone, which I imagine as floating in space - and yet once inside Sonic is presented with the illusion of a huge expanse of sky all around him seen in-game, created through hologram technology by Eggman to just add that extra something to his already most unusual base in the series.

If I had the patience for scenery I’d love to PROPERLY draw this some day with real attention to detail and shading and stuff, but for now this’ll do.

(Related: My 3D imagining of Sky High Act 1)

tumblr_n61mych2U71s8insfo1_500.png
tumblr_n61mych2U71s8insfo2_500.png
tumblr_n61mych2U71s8insfo3_500.png

tumblr_inline_n61mme9Hp91qgese5.gif
This comic inspired me to share one of my own Half-Life headcanons.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_n6d9qk5uH21s8insfo2_1280.png

Doing Fanart Friday early so I can concentrate on a commission tomorrow.  I was of the party that was convinced this new Sonic Boom character was a redesign for Marine but alas not!  It's not very often that a new character is unveiled with full disclosure on their personality, which made this a lot more fun to draw since I wasn't guessing when it came to her attitude in life.

• Thumbs Up 7

Fairly big update today!

tumblr_n6gfd352QI1s8insfo1_1280.png

Brie for Inferno, a birthday gift.

tumblr_n6gwlbSzLH1s8insfo1_1280.png

Lhancat for Jude, a commission for him.

tumblr_n6gv4y83hI1s8insfo1_1280.png

Suzanne for Felix, a long overdue present as thanks for some pics he drew me ages back.

tumblr_n65n9ml0nM1s8insfo1_1280.png

Implei, an imp girl character that belongs to a non-SSMB friend of mine - another birthday gift.

tumblr_n650qbYdbl1s8insfo1_1280.png

And finally a new pic of my own Alice - a remake of an old pic just to see how my style has changed in the last few years.

tumblr_n650qbYdbl1s8insfo2_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_n6isuvODpP1s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n6isuvODpP1s8insfo2_500.png

I always find myself back at wind farms under quietly intimidating skies whenever I want to draw something pensive.

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_n754vfLB8z1s8insfo2_1280.png

This darn company has thrown so many waifus at me this past week or so I couldn’t choose just one to draw for Friday Fanart.

tumblr_n71bcmVSGb1s8insfo1_r1_1280.png

Also, here's a pic I drew for an artist I admire on tumblr who totally surprised me out of the blue with some gift art!  Had to return the favour.

Finally, some doodley things:

tumblr_n6q7m17z0o1s8insfo1_500.png

Cleo and Khensu from the graphic novel series Cleopatra in Space.

tumblr_n6woocwukO1s8insfo2_250.pngtumblr_n6woocwukO1s8insfo1_250.png

And some Miiverse picture attempts.

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_n7al19bL0l1s8insfo1_r1_500.gif

Just experimenting with stuff.  Some mood music here. Or at least, I created this while listening to this group’s EPs on repeat anyway.  Larger size version on dA.

mt9.png

And just a random one-off girl.

• Thumbs Up 8

tumblr_n7al19bL0l1s8insfo1_r1_500.gif

Just experimenting with stuff.  Some mood music here. Or at least, I created this while listening to this group’s EPs on repeat anyway.  Larger size version on dA.

That is so pretty... how did you manage this sexy animation? ;A;

• Thumbs Up 1

Waited around to respond to this since I had the frame-by-frame breakdown queued to upload tonight on tumblr:

tumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo2_250.pngtumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo3_250.png

tumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo4_250.pngtumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo5_250.png

tumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo6_250.pngtumblr_n7be4gvJ131s8insfo1_250.png

Since they fly by pretty fast, these are the individual frames from the animated Alice picture from last night, for anyone curious.  The speed of the transition was intentional simply to reduce how many I needed to do, though there are 0.3 second fades between each frame to smooth it out.  Honestly, frames 3-4-5 are a little wonky, had I not worn myself out I could’ve done with an additional two frames of different lighting between these three, but luckily adding the actual light passing by helps distract the wonkiness a little bit.

There was no real technique to it, just involved literally redoing the colouring four times.  I didn’t use any reference, just worked from memory of the many scenes from cel-shaded animation I’ve seen in the past in which a light source approaches/passes a character.  The scary thing about animated pictures like this - especially super fast ones - is you never know if they’re going to work until all the frames are done and you can put them together.

As a random tip though for anyone who’d like to make their own animated gif pictures, it’s important to use as few colours as possible.  Here, Alice has 3 versions of her colour scheme - dark blue-ish, regular, and light-yellowish.  In Frame 2, the highlights on her body are the same colours as the bright light engulfing her in Frame 3.  For extra conservativeness, all of the city lights in the background are colours taken from Alice too.  This was all in preperation for the fact that I knew the soft ball of light was gonna take up a HELL of a lot of colours.  I didn’t quite do it perfectly in the end, she has a few pixels of odd colour strewn across her from where Animation Shop’s optimisation process reduced the colours down, but overall it came out fairly smooth.  Honestly I never mind a SMALL touch of pixelly 256 colourness on my gifs because it’s a visual hint to a quick scroller that the image is going to do something if they stop and look at it lol.

As a final bit of trivia, my original idea for this picture was actually going to be another “I dunno non-canon whatever” AliVenus picture with an animated sort of strobe light effect where sometimes the ghost of Venus would be hugging her from behind but honestly I was afraid that even with the sweetest of intentions it would look like some sort of horror thing like DUN DUN DUN *VENUS* DUN DUN lol.  Also I completely failed at drawing Venus hugging her so decided to challenge myself with a lighting experiment instead.

It’s certainly a fun, challenging activity because colouring multiple sources of light on the same image really makes you think about the three-dimensionality of your character.

You can view the individual pics full size in the tumblr post here.

• Thumbs Up 2