Awoo.

ART: JezMM [Riders Amy/Pirahna Plant Gijinka/2B/Rouxls Kaard]

JezMM

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nokcs6thsL1s8insfo1_1280.png

I discovered this awesome 25th anniversary orchestral performance of music from the Phantasy Star series and just had to draw something while listening to it.  Going with an anniversary theme (since PSO’s 15th anniversary is coming up in July), I decided to draw Beatroot’s PSO1 and PSO2 looks side by side for the first time.  After all the nonsense I did with the background it kind of ended up looking some kind of movie poster lol.

(Also on the subject of Beatroot, checking out this amazing commission of her I asked one of my fave artists, Akairiot to draw).

tumblr_no3sna50ph1s8insfo1_1280.png

It was Shauna's birthday the other day and I haven’t drawn a butt in like forever.

This is intended as a nudie pic but I made this censored version for posting on my art blog and here (regular version is very mild but still - it can be found on my dA/pixiv if your content settings for those sites allow).

tumblr_noi5w3CT0W1s8insfo1_1280.png

"Hm?"

Random Laura quickie.  (Background is my own photography).

• Thumbs Up 5

I saw a few of these on Tumblr, and I have to say good job! I really like the inclusion of an actual photo in the last one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

bj39dD.png

I’ve been having a little private mid-life crisis with my art lately so I needed to remind myself that no matter how uninspired, unmotivated or unoptimistic I feel about my progress in art, I do have the skillset required to create pictures of girls in swimsuits where there was none before, and that in itself is something to celebrate at least.

Used photo ref for pose.

I do have a few recent more quickie pics to share but wanted to give this one it's own post.  Some of said pics are part of an art meme that I've only half done all the suggestions I received for it too so I'll save that til they're all done.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Jez, if there's one thing you must never do, it's doubt your own ability to draw women in swimsuits.

C'mon man, that's drawing 101, y'know? :V

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_np9ivck0l21s8insfo1_1280.png

Oh my god Karen you can't just ask someone why they're a squid

tumblr_nop2zsWfDK1s8insfo1_1280.png

DID I WIIIIIIN

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_npjyh1aI8h1s8insfo2_1280.png

Humanised Amy bikini stuffs coz I dunno.

Also for fun I had a go at making a furry version for anyone into that:

tumblr_npjygmPbwv1s8insfo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nq5jkvYCCN1s8insfo1_1280.png

Been yeeears since I drew a pic of my character Erin.  She's still a character without a fully formulated story, I just wanted to have another crack at a redesign for her, main changes here from past pics being a simplification of her outfit, both design and colours-wise, and a new hairstyle that isn't so unfriendly towards being drawn from any angle.  New face as well but I literally haven't drawn her since I established my current style so that one came free.  Since it's been so long and I doubt many people here knew of her already, here's the first pic (of four total proper ones not including this here lol) I drew of her.

Drew this while listening to Of Monsters and Men's amazing new album.

Process Gif here.

This was from a few days ago.  Annnd then this morning I drew her some more.

tumblr_nq8lraHfyM1s8insfo1_r1_1280.png

Help I made a character design I really really like who doesn't have a fully formulated story yet and I can't get up.

Some notes/trivia about her redesign in the spoiler for anyone interested:

-Her hair design and scarf... arms... thing were all about giving her this cuteness/coolness appeal of a character wearing a hooded cloak without actually having one, leaving her with a simultaneous sort of airy, open, confident design.  In the current cloud of thoughts I have about her potential story, she's somewhat of a mysterious traveller character which is why I like the "hooded" motif.
-Erin's anatomy is all about bottom-heaviness.  Tiny torso but super chunky hips/legs.  Chunkiness goes all the way down, she may have the hips and arse to carry them but she doesn't have shapely bombshell legs.  I actually have trouble drawing shapely hips so in literally all these pictures, including the proper one I drew of her a few days ago, I started by drawing them as wide as I could - then artificially used the transform tool on the sketchwork to make them wider and skewed the top of them to reconnect to her waist.  When her thighs look like they could crush a six-pack of cola - not instantly but fairly easily - they're chunky enough.
-The bangs that hang down with tied off points... I'm not quite sure how these work lol.  I'm not a hairdresser so I'm working on rule of cool here.  The topmost sketch is more a theory on what might be going on behind her big pointy bangs rather than a concrete explaination.
-I'm intentionally rendering the back of her hair as one solid clump at all times because it's so long that it'd be a bitch to colour otherwise and honestly would potentially be overly distracting compared to the rest of her if it had a lot of detail to it.  Her little flicky bits at the top of her head were added so it doesn't look too boring either though.
-If I've coloured them correctly this should be obvious, but her thighhighs are semi-transparent now as oppose to her original opaque ones in old-old pictures.
-Also originally I drew her as this stoic, expressionless character to contrast the more colourful fun cast of Phantasm Dyad.  This is boring as hell and as I've matured I've come to realise I have no interest in writing such a character so I have allowed her to do such unheard of things as smiling and laughing here.  The potential to start her off stoic and soften her up in the story is still there but I think I'd want it to happen quickly now.
-Finally I gave her super long eyebrows that aren't attached to her face just for fun, it just looked good to me.  If she was being rendered in a more realistic style, they'd have to be dropped.  Likewise her eye design is more of a "how I choose to draw it" thing, she doesn't literally have two giant eye lashes on her upper eyelid and nothing else, so that'd be up to artistic interpretation in other styles.

• Thumbs Up 6

Jez have you been drawing influence from Lumina for her design :U

Nah but seriously Erin's cool, I like her.

• 2 weeks later...

Itty bitty update of stuff I forgot to post back when I drew them!

tumblr_npf9b3wJfC1s8insfo1_1280.png

So I bought the Mad Max soundtrack, put it on, opened Sai and uh

tumblr_nqd477lK2I1s8insfo1_1280.png

My half of an art trade with my friend Aina V who… has no online presence for her art at all so no linkies I’m afraid lol.  This is a character of hers, Rise Bestmage, who is actually a mech pilot despite appearances.

tumblr_nqh15ggeTm1s8insfo1_1280.png

Wanted to challenge myself to draw up something fun n’ freehand-y while listening to the newly released first volume of the Sonic Runners official soundtrack and wow 20 minutes is not a long time to draw a picture with but whatever!

tumblr_nqi2hprMgD1s8insfo1_540.png

WIP/preview for a rather elaborate Amy-related thing that’ll prolly take me a good week and a bit to finish (at most anyway, hopefully).  I'm currently about 50% through said project, if I can keep this up it should be done by the weekend unless I decide to add more to it than currently planned.

And finally here's some Miiverse stuff I drew for Splatoon and the Support Peach Smash Community respectively:

tumblr_npduspIiYf1s8insfo1_400.png

tumblr_nq06bfrZMU1s8insfo1_540.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Amy would be the kind to make a duckface :V

And I love that cake pun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dammit, I'm already tempted to request a commission, stop tempting me more :(

But really, keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

Two new pics!  Click to view larger.

tumblr_nrl3xeMnfq1s8insfo1_1280.png

This gal again.  It’s just a blurry low detail concept but the background here, unlike the last pic I did of her, IS actually based off ideas I have for the setting of her story.  I just still dunno what the story is about lol.

tumblr_nrj9pbPgfY1s8insfo1_1280.png

I really love Inferno's character Beverie and he drew a new adorable picture of her the other day so I had to as well it couldn’t be helped.

Uhh… month-and-a-half-belated birthday present I guess!?

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ns3raqLNT31s8insfo1_1280.png

Click to view larger.

Ugh I spent like 6 hours on this but I screwed up a lot of little things that only became apparent when I brought all the individual elements together at the end, weh.  Not as strong an image as I hoped for overall.

Anyway been thinking about one-piece swimsuits a lot lately I guess.

Just for trivia: I decided to try out Design Doll to create a reference image for this pose.  I’ve always shyed away from 3D model programs in the past due to finding them overwhelmingly complex to use, but this one is designed entirely around creating your own poses rather than 3D modelling and is ridiculously simple to use, almost everything about it I needed to create that pose I figured out just by playing around, the interface is pretty damn intuitive.  Free Trial lasts forever, the only major downside is that can’t load up saved poses (you can save them though if you want to in case you do decide to purchase).

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

Click images to view larger.

tumblr_nsiqvrLs171s8insfo1_1280.png

Been like, swimsuit central in my gallery lately, felt like something more casually pensive.

Drew this while listening to the most recent Coldplay album which apparently exists even though they won’t stop playing Paradise from their last one on the radio.

Extended BG version in spoiler:

tumblr_nsiqvrLs171s8insfo2_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

I have to say that I really enjoy your style! It's so nice and clean, the poses look great, and the expressions are so emotive and smooth. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 2

I can relate: It's been in the 100's over here for weeks. Even the Turnip can't take the heat!

And I love how that Shy Guy's just minding its own business playing what looks like NSMB2. (I think I'm the only one here who actually likes that game)

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha oh I saw this on twitter a few minutes ago. I didn't know you drew it. Nice job man

• Thumbs Up 1