Awoo.

Where would you put weak spots on Eggman machines (give examples)

Yoko/葉子

...What's wrong with putting the weak spot on the cockpit? I've seen at at least one boss per game do it, and it's all cause Eggman doesn't cover himself up.

Use protection, goddamit!

Because having the boss sway back and forth as little cartoon birdies circle his head is totally different from a big red flashing weakpoint.

And where exactly would you attack the boss? Assuming it's bigger than the player character (which most Eggman robot bosses are), you probably can't just attack wherever, right? There's probably some specific point where you have to attack it, right? Some point that is weaker than the rest?

necessarily having a noticeable weak spot that is OBVIOUS kind of defeats the purpose of a weak spot, normally one would go through the trouble of HIDING said weak spot making it obvious, but not so obvious than say, a giant green flashing button?

Boss battles could be done clueless where no indication of weakness is present, until you jump in and TRY and take down the boss, if it failed Sonic could comment on how that wasn't effective and give reason why (shock absorbers, thick plated steel etc.) and could hint at possible other ways of taking it down.

better yet, why not have Tails use his intelligence and scout each main boss and throw tips at Sonic as he's evading said Boss until an opening presents itself?

the whole "hit the flashing panel" deal is more an insult to Eggman's IQ than the game holding our hand.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 2

From a game design standpoint I always liked these bosses where Eggman's got kinda a "shield" on the bot, so scoring a hit actually requires two hits. It's a good timing game. I mean specifically the Sandopolis and Death Egg bosses. Eggman (or the Emerald) is safely tucked away, you gotta bring his defenses down before you strike.

Edited by American Ristar

The neck, if the boss has one.

Go for the jugular! XD

Dare I say this, I did find having to hit the toe of the Giant Born from Scrap Metal quite amusing.

maybe a boss that could have two options:

1. the usual hit the cockpit 6-8 times

OR

2. knock a hole in the boss, exposing the INSIDE of the boss, which you could then run inside. Then, you could fight your way to a HUGE weakness that will defeat the boss in 1 hit!

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Have him cover the cockpit entirely; that the man has yet to invent cameras when he's got teleportation tech says a lot about his common sense.

There's an idea though - instead of doing damage, you destroy all the cameras on it until it tumbles over. While he's created an "invincible" machine, he's just moved the weakness elsewhere.