Awoo.

'That guy' in video games (aka, the jerks).

Nix

Alan-Wake-American-Nightmare-Mr-Scratch.jpg

This evil evil man...

Mr. Scratch

He's the main Villain of "Alan Wake's American Nightmare" and is seen throughout "Alan Wake". While your trapped in the darkness still, he's jumping between the Darkness and the real world making your life hell, making everyone hate you and worst part is, he shares your face and body.

But oh do I love his Insane personality :D

Himiko_Kazuramakeup.gif

Words cannot describe how glad I would be to join a lynch mob for this woman's execution. She was pretty much intolerable every moment she decided to talk. She was a pain in the ass to cross examine (as she would do nothing but break into laughter and then say nothing of any real importance 90% of the time)...

"Phwwww"

The amount of times I had to read that made me thankful for Ace Attorney's skip feature.

Oh yeah... she's generally a bitch to you and everyone too.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Sonic 3 on MegaDrive I definitely hated Knuckles. It was just so annoying how he kept popping up out of nowhere, triggering a trap, and then disappearing without any trace. I loved his background theme music though with those sharp echoing drumbeats.

In Wolfenstein 3-D on PC I definitely hate those three-armed, grey-skinned zombies, simply for the fact that they don't make any sound whatsoever upon spotting the player. Because of this trait they are able to just creep up from behind and ambush the shit out of you.

In DOOM 2 on PC I hate the Arch-Viles for the most obvious reason... They run very fast and resurrect the corpse of every non-boss enemy that you've worked so hard to kill.

In Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition I hate those brown-skinned reptoids who summon a shrink-ray out of thin air, reduce you to 1-inch height, and then try to stomp you into a puddle of blood, instead of fighting someone of their own size and being a noble courageous warrior. Very very annoying.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

In DOOM 2 on PC I hate the Arch-Viles for the most obvious reason... They run very fast and resurrect the corpse of every non-boss enemy that you've worked so hard to kill.

Duuuuuuude, you just brought back painful memories D: Can't believe I missed out the Arch-Vile myself! Absolute bastard of an enemy in Gaming!

allofmyhate.png

Wow...what a completely unlikeable asshole. A true testament to how NOT to write Sonic is the negative/snarky dialogue choices in Chronicles. That isn't the occasionally short-tempered, mildly snarky guy with a true heart of gold I grew up with, that's a flanderized mess of characterization pandering to the utterly stupid premise that is the dialogue tree written by someone who simply has no idea of how to characterize Sonic or do it with any subtlety. Yes, the dialogue tree being used for a character with an already extremely defined set of mannerisms and personality.

Being extremely curt with Tails? Doing his nut at him when he makes something resembling a friendly partnership with Eggman? Congratulating other characters for having a go at Amy? Going above and beyond in really really laying into Knuckles? Expressing outright hatred towards Eggman? Yep, it's all there in all of it's out-of-character ugliness. The fact you can choose it is no excuse; If it's not in-character then it shouldn't be there. Period.

Chronicles is utterly shit for a multitude of reasons. Sonic's glaring OoC'ness is one of it's aspects that is the most loathesome.

Now, this may be considered suicide in some states, but I am, for whatever reason, about to attempt to defend Sonic Chroniwait no don't shoot

Ahem. Now, let me explain. I will agree that the execution was fairly terrible in most areas of the game (including dialogue trees, though I did like Big and Omega's characterizations). Yet, as an idea, the 'snarky, kind of jerkish" option does make a good deal of sense, and would be a pretty good edition to the game had BioWare even sort of cared to make a game. Sonic's always been a bit of an arrogant, snarky, and impatient one ever since the Classic days, so having the option to express this part of his personality was pretty smart.

I would even go so far as to argue that I liked the snarky option more than I liked the others in Chronicles, if only because most dialogue trees resembled this:

KNUCKLES: Eggman wants to meet up with me at Angel Island in one-hundred hours to negotiate the release of my good brother, Master Emerald! Don't worry, I'm not gonna take any crap this time.

>RESPONSE A smile.png : alright knuckles I believe in you!!!!

>RESPONSE B sad.png : dont do it knuckles you gon get tricked!!

> RESPONSE C huh.png : ...Because all the last times you've dealt with Eggman, you've always held your ground and never listened to a word he said?

C at least sounded like there was some personality behind the person saying it, even if it was stupid or poorly written.

• Thumbs Up 3

resetti1.jpg

When he makes you repeat and write out an exact phrase he told you .. Especially when you just skipped through all the text and have no idea what he said, forcing you to reset the game again.

kaeporagaebora.png

The way 'No' and 'Yes' are placed. Meaning if you are just tapping to skip the text you will accidentally press 'No' and have to skip through it all again! I have played through OOT so many times but this still catches me out. Other than this Kaepora Gaebora was cool, giving you lifts if you need them, etc. Plus owls are cool anyway.

duckhuntdog1.jpg

FFXIII_CG-Oerba-Dia-Vanille.jpg

I have not actually played FFXIII (or any other Final Fantasy) but I have watched others play it, and I cannot stand Vanille. She's annoying, tries to act all cute and sounds like she's making sex noises if she takes damage! Her accent was also inconsistent from what I remember.

Edited by Guest