Awoo.

What is the worst thing that happened to you in a sonic game

StaticMania

You know the most bull-shit thing that has happened to you while you were innocently playing your game and just said What The Fuck, you know stuff like that. I know it has happened to you and it sure as hell has happened to me, So tell me your most notable bull-shit moments

Like always I'll go first:

So I was playing Sonic adventure stage Red mountain and there are these little obstacle the fling you a distance and this on particular ground spurt boosted me into a spiked ball while I had no rings and I died, this was total bull-crap because that never happened before or again I was totally angry at that because I got a gameover after losing my lives a lot later in the stage and speed highway because of my stupid actions of jumping off the stage.

One time I died.

(and now I'm a ghoooost)

But no seriously, the worst in recent memory...is probably that one mission in Unleashed glitched on me and didn't give me my reward when I was otherwise very near 100%, which eventually led to me replaying the game from scratch and actually getting 100%.

Having to do the Eggmanland hotdog missions again was...not something I really wanted.

Sonic's mach speed section in Kingdom Valley.

Ya, that was definitely the worst part of Sonic 06 for me. Actually, Sonic's process of going to and finishing Kingdom Valley was terrible as a whole, but since I died so many times on Sonic's mach speed section, I had to restart the entire process 3 times..

Fuck the Trials of Soleana (especially the 2nd one), fuck all of the load times inbetween each trial, and especially fuck the fact that tails was right next to the level portal on top of the castle. Why couldn't that useless bastard just carry me up there and spare me from all of the long annoying load times?

UGH

Oh ya, I also managed to beat Eggmanland in 1 life in a short period of time once. Why is that bad you might ask? Well it wasn't the hotdog mission. I doubt I'll ever be able to play Eggmanland that good ever again.

Edited by Mephiles550

The worst thing(s) that happened to me were always in SA2 and had to do with rings...

For example: I used to use City Escape missions to collect rings, and I wouldn't complete it until I got 999 rings so it kept looping the stage over and over... and then, as expected, I'd get hit and lose everything after all that work and then proceeded to throw the controller across the room. It... wasn't a very smart plan... 8D;

Hmm, the worst thing, eh?

The year was 2008, and my younger brother had got his hands on this brand new, next-generation Sonic game. We were both kinda pumped, though for different reasons. He was hyped for a good new 3-D game (as, at the time, we only possessed the Sonic Adventure games and Sonic Heroes, and we had already played those to death). I was hyped because playing Sonic, in years prior, was like watching a good ol' B-Movie with my bro. It was something fun and silly, and we had plenty of fun just making stupid (though admittedly affectionate) cracks at 'em. All in all, our standards were pretty low for a Sonic game, and we would be just hunky-dory to play something with even half the quality of the goofy old SA games. And to our surprise, the critics gave it a pretty good reception, at least, y'know, as far as modern Sonic games go. This was gonna be a blast! What could possibly go wrong?

Four years later, and neither me nor my brother have had any intention of touching Sonic and The Secret Rings ever again. He still winces whenever the theme music rears its head in Brawl.

Edited by The Fifth-Rate Flareon

Every single time the word "damn" or "Hell" was uttered in Shadow. I just cringed. It wasn't the fact it was Sonicy characters saying it, it was just forced. You could feel it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nearly completing the Hot-Dog Mission for Eggmanland... only to die by the hands of those final two Dark Titans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last year, I collected all of the emblems in SA2 for the first time so that I could play Green Hill Zone. The next day, I load the game up, and it tells me that my memory card has been damaged and the only way I can repair it is if I delete all my save files on it.

At least I got to play the stage before that happened, though.

Back in the Year 2001, I got Sonic Adventure 2, on release day, and was ready to play it.

However, we had to stop to pick up groceries before we went home.

After we picked up groceries, we came home, brought the groceries in, and I started playing the game.

By the time I get towards the end of City Escape, our power goes out due to the storm outside.....for 6 hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last year, I collected all of the emblems in SA2 for the first time so that I could play Green Hill Zone. The next day, I load the game up, and it tells me that my memory card has been damaged and the only way I can repair it is if I delete all my save files on it.

At least I got to play the stage before that happened, though.

Man, I wouldn't even have the patience to go emblem hunting. I'd just throw in the Action Replay.

My memory card got corrupted and made me erase all my save data, including my 100% files of SA1, SA2, and Heroes.

SA2 was the biggest loss, as I not only had 180 emblems but also a lot of Chao that I spent a lot of time raising. (among them an Angel and Devil Chao, both the original 2 Chao from when I first visited the Chao Garden, and a Sapphire Chao I was raising into a Chaos Chao.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Experienced my fair share of near-hits but failures.

But I'll put down trying to play Unleashed searching for the very last medals I needed for 100% completion, only to have my ps3's disc drive fail me.

I even got through ALL of the hotdog missions, yes, even Eggmanland.

As of now, it's still not fixed.

Edited by Treacher

Lets see, there have been several moments where I flipped out while playing a Sonic game but by the worst thus far has been while playing Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood. I literally threw my DS in utter rage and didn't touch the game again for weeks.

My frustration, the first encounter with Eggman and the 3 SWAT Bots he sends out. After grinding levels out for several hours in the Green Hill area I felt I was ready to take him out, heck, everything up to that point had been a cakewalk. However, I soon learned how very wrong I was, those robots, those 3 #$#@ ROBOTS! Oh the rage, it was utter maddness. There was no effing reason that fight had to be so hard. To this day I curse Amy Rose and her amazing ability to miss with her hammer attack every time I needed her to hit.

Yeah I sorta got lost in rage with that fight and looking back at it now I should have just reset the game and come back to a save before that point and prepared more for it but no, my pride was on the line. I didn't want to give up till all 3 of those accursed robots went down. So I fought them... And after I think it was a hour or so I won. I really don't remember anymore, all I do recall is having just about every status effect imaginable on my characters, using just about all the items I'd farmed up till that point, and somehow missing the robots when I needed to hit them and getting crits on them when I didn't want to and accidentally KOing one then having to start all over whittling its health down again. I also recall cursing at the game nearly to the point of tears.

Yeah.... It was ugly. As for my other rage quit moments, well, I'm totally in agreement with Mephiles 550 when it comes to the mach speed zones in Sonic 06. They were so broken they were almost unplayable. Still my rage wasn't as bad as it was with Sonic Chronicles, see this was bad because it was broken but with the swat bot fight, well, there was just no excuse. It was bad game design. There were plenty of other moments besides that in 06 that ticked me off but I'm not gonna bother listing them because they are common trouble areas that just about everyone seems to hate.

Moving on there was Sonic and the Secret Rings. Yeah, I'm sure I'm not the only one who had trouble getting Sonic to hop off the rails in the Skeleton Dome area. Also getting him to home attack the swinging ropes in Levitated Ruin was a pain as well.

Next is Sonic Unleashed. Overall I like this game and its' looks but some of the levels are so ridiculously hard it's insane. I'm not just talking about the notorious Eggmanland but many of the Day Stages I just found unplayable because they were so unforgiving. Running across the water and tobogganing are so difficult I can't stand it. Alas many levels have sections that involve this. Sooo that's one of the reasons I have yet to beat that game. tongue.png

Finally Sonic 4: Episode 1... Oh the controls, the lack of momentum. Overall I found Episode one to be ick. Icky ick. Sorry Sonic, but I would just assume that you would continue to move to the right if you just got done rolling down a hill, I didn't think I'd have to hold right the entire time. Also the flaming torch puzzle thing...HATE.

Back around late 2008 or early 2009 when playing Sonic Unleashed. It took something like 534 attempts for me to get past Dragon Road as the werehog. Eventually I threw my 360 controller on the floor in rage and it's been acting faulty ever since. :P If only I knew there was even more frustration to come.

Trying to beat the Time Eater on Sonic Generations probably upped my blood pressure a few notches. The first, oh I don't know, THOUSAND times I tried I had no idea what the hell I was doing, and by the time I ran out of rings, I had accomplished absolutely nothing. "You can use the Y button to switch!" Well no shit Sherlock, tell me how to kill this damn thing if you guys are so smart!

It still took me a long time to actually beat him even after I figured out what I needed to do. Finally beating the game made me feel like a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

The entirety of Sonic 2006 happened.

This.

The only thing that has come close to this was when I first faced Death Egg ROBO in Sonic 2. WTF no rings? How the hell do I kill this boss. I can't hit there, *dies* I can't him there either *dies* Damn one more life....FUCK YOU MECHA SONIC FOR TAKING MY LAST LIFE!

First time I fought Super Mecha Sonic in 3&K, I had no idea what to do. I got raped over and over and over and couldn't figure out what to do. I finally gave up and didn't beat him until a few months later.