Awoo.

What is the worst thing that happened to you in a sonic game

StaticMania

Did you try walking to the side? The bottom of the lava-fall is wider than the boss arena; I am pretty sure you need to get to a certain area for the camera to lock and the battle to start.

Did you try walking to the side? The bottom of the lava-fall is wider than the boss arena; I am pretty sure you need to get to a certain area for the camera to lock and the battle to start.

I ran as far as I could to both sides. No boss. What happened was, I jumped down instead of riding one of those rock things down. That's probably what did it.

When I first played SA2B, I was stuck on Security Hall for weeks. Yes, weeks. The treasure hunting thing was bad enough, but making it timed?!?! Anyway, I had collected 2 Chaos Emeralds, and had located the third one. I didn't have any rings, and I considered getting some, but I figured it would take too much time. So I walk over to the emerald, but I get hit by an enemy and die. And while sometimes when you die it'll let you keep the emeralds you collected, it didn't this time. No lie, I started crying. I had already been working on it for over an hour that day, and that just did it. Now? That level is nothing xD

Second thing would be the Sonic vs. Shadow boss fight in Generations. I thought it was like the original fight, where you hit him a certain amount of times then it's over. Nope. I tried that, and after 20mins, I hadn't gotten anywhere. To make it worse, the sound quit on me so I had to restart the entire game (had that happen on another game too o.o) I finally then just gave in and looked up on YouTube how you're supposed to complete the boss fight biggrin.png

Edited by TwoTailedFox

I got clipped into walls in both S3&K's Death Egg and Metallic Madness 2 in original Sonic CD. Just had to wait for the time overs...

I had just finished Panic Puppet, in 3D Blast. I had carefully looked for enough rings in each level to get the Chaos Emeralds. I had collected every flicky and beaten every boss. Now was the moment I was waiting for. The screen blacks out, and this comes up.

250px-Sonic3DFinalFightOpening.PNG

I played through this game twice just to get to this. And when it finally comes...

CRASH.

I find myself in the black room you fight the boss in, but the boss never came. I could not move, only turn Sonic to the sides. Dammit. I quit in a bit of sadness, but I soon found myself replaying the game again. Same thing - collect emeralds, beat levels, collect flickyes, get to final boss. And when I again reach that point...

CRASH

sleep.png

Sonic 1. I go through Star Light Zone Act 2. I roll through the loops, then when I get to a quater-pipe near a crumbling floor, the game pulls a Sonic 4 and stops me dead in my tracks before I can whizz up it. Why did the game have to be such a fucking gingerbread man?!

I think I speak for everyone when I say any time I drown in an underwater level THEN the air bubble appears. All that waiting just for the game to do that...happens every time in Labyrinth Zone.

• Thumbs Up 7

I already posted this a few months agoish, but here it is again with and added guess as to how it happens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF7IzLAfelo

So you're Tails. You finally get to Wing Fortress, destroy Robotnik's machine and prepare yourself for the final battle. You jump off onto the lower deck, just barely missing Eggman. Suddenly, Sonic shows up with the Tornado! Hero time!

Nope. You jump, he misses, you fall to your doom. The end. Oops.

To my knowledge, this glitch doesn't happen everytime you play as Tails. I think it has something to do with messing around in debug mode first. I tried it again recently to test it. Messed around in debug mode for a few minutes then soft reset the game to start for reals. Once I beat the Wing Fortress boss, lo and behold, the glitch happened! Eggman's rocketship doesn't launch when you get on the lower platform. It's already gone. Instead, you just see the blue background with clouds. Sonic will never catch Tails if you come across this glitch! You will always fall to your doom until you run out of lives and get a game over. I don't know if it'll keep happening if you use a continue, since by that time (wasting a good deal of time with all those lives racked up) I'm pretty tired of the game already. So if you want to beat the game, you'll have to start all over again from the beginning! The good thing is that I don't think this can happen to Sonic. Only he can be the hero. :<

This isn't "worst", but it made me sad because it made me realize how lonely I am:

I recently played the S3&K multiplayer by myself. I didn't even need a second controller plugged in. My forever alone moment...

• 3 weeks later...

Spending a whole couple of hours playing through Sonic 2 and saving up continues and extra lives, get to the last boss, lose my last life and then, game over x_x Happened more times than I'd like to remember. Damn no save option lol That is one thing I liked about Sonic Classic Collection on the DS, I could finally beat the first 4 Sonic games, thanks to the save system.