Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

So, Honey has finally become an offical Sonic character. Interesting (and a little bit sad) how, the very moment she became offical, she also immediatly became a scrapped character.

Edited by batson

Hope they didn't remove the unblockables on Bean...

I sure am worried about the small stuff.

Edited by Giza

Oh? Which unlockables?

I know I never played the game particularly thoroughly, but I didn't think I'd missed anything major...

Unblockables. I remember Giza as being one of the ones who was a pro at playing the game, so little details like that will be important to his playing style.

Bean's jumping bomb toss could become unblockable if you throw it right before you move over the opponent's head. If he didnt have this the opponent could just block pretty much anything he could use. There is another trick I am fairly sure is an unblockable which involves any bomb move and then using his super to move behind them. This works because of how the guarding system forces you to face the opponent and because if you turn around your guard goes down for a small amount of time thus making some projectiles unblockable in strange situations. This applies to Bean far more than to the other projectile users in the game (Fang and Amy).

Edited by Giza

So, Honey has finally become an offical Sonic character. Interesting (and a little bit sad) how, the very moment she became offical, she also immediatly became a scrapped character.

Honey still isn't a Sonic character. She's a cameo.

Unblockables. I remember Giza as being one of the ones who was a pro at playing the game, so little details like that will be important to his playing style.

Ohhhhhh, my bad. mellow.png Whoops.

Looks like we found out how to unlock Honey:

[quote

]56453.png

Honey the Cat

Use Honey the Cat in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (Press START button on Amy and select)

Edited by Paradox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like we found out how to unlock Honey:

Did we know this before?

Also, Honey looks adorible by the way, Cameo or not.

Yeah, we found out when the same Xbox 360 Achievements were released. That's why I said "Obviously the same list" in that post about the Trophies. :)

Seems those "Bring Back Honey the Cat!" folks at Sonic Boom got their wish. :P

Speaking of Sonic Boom. Sumo Digital hinted they were open to a modern fighter game... the question is, how well is this one selling? I get the feeling there's probably going to be a connection. They'll take a break from racing for a few years and maybe give us something else to tide us over.

I know SA2HD was selling extremely well, but what of this?

Honey the Cat

Use Honey the Cat in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (Press START button on Amy and select)

Almost sounds like Honey can't be played online.

I would imagine most of the secret characters wouldn't be playable online. If they were, I'd be willing to bet there'd be nothing but Metal Sonics everywhere.

So I got it, and Honey the Cat is pretty cool. Does anyone know how to use Metal or Eggman?

Edited by XD375

Metal is on Sonic and Eggman is on Bean, just press start on them. The reason I couldn't find them is because they only work in multiplayer mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

Metal is on Sonic and Eggman is on Bean, just press start on them. The reason I couldn't find them is because they only work in multiplayer mode.

So Honey works in multiplayer and single player?

Yeah, Honey works in every mode.

I was just playing online against someone named GF202020. They used Metal against me, I used Honey. I did terribly the first round, but it looked like we were both on 0% at the end of the second.