Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

Maybe because they haven't announced the game over here, and the pictures were sent earlier?

So many Sega stuff is leaked that I don't get surprised about something like this.

Still there is always a possibility that this might not come here, but since this game was also released(somewhat) over here I think it's only logical that eventually it releases here.

yeah, SEGA leaks almost as much as Apple it seems. I wouldn't get too worried. Not yet, at least.

Sega finally puts real effort into a port, those screens look so beautiful compared to the Gems version.

They better release it here. We here in the West love to spend our nights getting fucked up and play furry fighters for shits and giggles.

Or is that just me?

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow they are REALLY easy, like you can get all of those in about 20 minutes!

At least loads of trophy/achievement whores with no interest in Sonic will buy the game for that reason though :P

By the look of it, STF has had a bit of work done, so it looks like a pretty good port.

But, no proper widescreen? I am sorry, but at the very least I expect proper widescreen with all future digital re-releases, like SA2 and CD got. It may seem like a small thing, but unless it has the 16:9 narrative, it just doesn't feel and look right.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

The achievements reveal how Honey is selected from the character select: "(Press START on Amy and select)". I bet Sonic will hold Metal Sonic, but who will hold Eggman? XD

but who will hold Eggman? XD

B-Bark? I'm not sure actually LOL.

Like I was saying in the statuses, if someone looked at this list before playing, you could set it up so that you got all of them in your first playthrough of the game. Kinda cheap if you ask me, but I guess an easy 100% lawl.

This is coming to PS3 right?

B-Bark? I'm not sure actually LOL.

Like I was saying in the statuses, if someone looked at this list before playing, you could set it up so that you got all of them in your first playthrough of the game. Kinda cheap if you ask me, but I guess an easy 100% lawl.

This is coming to PS3 right?

It is indeed, both XBLA and PSN. It's only been officially confirmed for Japan right now, but the screenshot leak on SEGA Europe's press site and these English achievements pretty much confirm a worldwide release.

Has online been confirmed? The achievements say "Offline Versus" implying that there's some kind of online mode

Looking at the achivement list and just the overal size of the game. I could see this being made a free title for PS+ users. It's very similar in terms of game difficulty and size to Virtua Fighter 5 showdown.

That is.. if it's going to get a western release.

Classic achievements for just completing the game. Thank God there's no Super Sonic ach, I would NEVER get it. At least there's the Amy one. Weird that to select Honey you have to press start on Amy's slot, humm.

Edited by Jango

Achievements now online:

Sonic-the-Fighters-Achievements-1.jpg

Sonic-the-Fighters-Achievements-2.jpg

Too easy if you ask me.

http://www.sonicstad...ments-revealed/

Those are terrible achievements....

I hate how when it comes to achievements they either pick super easy ones like these, or super annoying ones like "beat final boss without getting hit".

• Thumbs Up 3

Terrible achievements. Over half are gotten just by playing through arcade (but I guess for some that's pretty difficult, a very small some). You don't even need to finish arcade mode, after round 7 you're essentially done. No achievement for going Super Sonic, much less actually beating the entire thing. And I thought Virtua Fighter 5 FS's list was easy.

Anyway still waiting for a US release.

To be honest, I'm glad the achivements are so easy.

Fighters isn't a very good game, and lots of people know it's not a very good game. The thought of this having something like Win against 20 human players or get 10 wins in a row or some other bullshit that fighting games often put in them to make them appear 'like a totally serious game guys' makes me feel sick.

Can you imagine with how unbalanced the game is if there was something like 'beat arcade mode without losing a match' or some other crap, for a game like this which is so ridiculously unbalanced?

To be honest, I'm glad the achivements are so easy.

Fighters isn't a very good game, and lots of people know it's not a very good game. The thought of this having something like Win against 20 human players or get 10 wins in a row or some other bullshit that fighting games often put in them to make them appear 'like a totally serious game guys' makes me feel sick.

Can you imagine with how unbalanced the game is if there was something like 'beat arcade mode without losing a match' or some other crap, for a game like this which is so ridiculously unbalanced?

Here I thought you were the reasonable one.

Even Bark has his weaknesses.

i don't think the game is a "joke" just because it's quirky and a little weird.

We like it because it's not a generic fighter like so many are.

Uh, you're forgetting Metal Sonic. He's so ridiculously OP that it'd make the sort of achievement Hoggie illustrated very frustrating for someone not well versed with the game.

Uh, you're forgetting Metal Sonic. He's so ridiculously OP that it'd make the sort of achievement Hoggie illustrated very frustrating for someone not well versed with the game.

We don't know if playable Metal is OP or not. Just got to wait and see.

But achievements aren't for people who aren't well-versed in the game. They're a reward for being good at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't know if playable Metal is OP or not. Just got to wait and see.

No, but NPC Metal Sonic, the one that's always been there, IS OP, and he's the one you'd have to fight to beat Arcade mode.

But achievements aren't for people who aren't well-versed in the game. They're a reward for being good at it.

I'd argue that's not strictly true. Some games are balls to the wall like that, and some games will have a sliver of very difficult achievements along with easier ones, but part of the function of achievements is to prolong longevity by encouraging the player to play longer to get another reward. Longer, however, does not equate to "better" necessarily. Considering the target audience that Sega will be aiming for with this (the young kid bracket), having something as hard as that is probably more likely to put them off your product given that they might not have the patience to hone their skills.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

We like it because it's not a generic fighter like so many are.

Define "generic."

Really, Sonic the Fighters does nothing ground breaking at all. The entire concept of it came from a developer adding Sonic and Tails to Fighter Vipers. Yu Suzuki saw it and thought "Hey that's kind of neat!" and the idea was pitched to Yuji Naka to make it its own thing.

Edited by Chooch

If I picked the achievements for the game... I would have done something like this:

Social Butterfly: Beat Arcade Mode once with every character, including secret characters.

50 Rings: Beat the game as Super Sonic.

The End: Beat Arcade Mode once.

Replay Value: Beat Arcade Mode ____ times.

Digital Fighter: Win ____ online matches.

Can't Touch This: Win any Arcade Mode match without getting hit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are those "Achievements" and "Trophies"?

All that is basic shit that you do while playing the game normally.

Oh, I feel really fucking accomplished for beating the first damn opponent in easy mode!