Awoo.

Sonic The Fighters Is Coming To XBLA/PSN!

Here I thought you were the reasonable one.

A snide remark... charming.

So... if I 'was' the reasonable one... would you like to name those who you thought were not reasonable?

Even Bark has his weaknesses.

Marvellous... and the rest of the characters? In fact... lets take a look at the trailer for this game shall we?

You know what my favourite bit is? My favourite bit comes at 1:37. Thats the bit when Metal Sonic does a move which takes away over 75% of Eggmans health... I wonder who everyone is going to pick?

Then again, my second favourite bit is at 1:35 when Fang does a projectile attack which takes away nearly 50%! Thats certainly going to be fun watching the people spam that one eh?

Third favourite is... ... .. why is this even a debate, it's been common knowledge for years that Fighters is not a balanced game at all when it comes to fighters.

You can't expect a game which was made by as a spinoff that was never meant to be taken seriously as a fighting game which has all the unbalanced problems this one does and give it the same kind of challenges that you would find in say MVC3 or Persona 4 arena because it's blatently not been made to be a serious fighting game. So why you're expecting the achivements to reflect that I don't know. Unless people seriously think it was a good idea to put in the kind of Win X number of matches in a row, or beat arcade mode without being KO'd like other games do, when the game has such randomly jumping levels of difficulty and the characters are so broken in many respects.

We like it because it's not a generic fighter like so many are.

Since when has anyone ever said 'I like fighters because it's not generic!'

Theres only a handful of reasons why people get excited when this game is mentioned and none of them are anything to do with the gameplay itself. It's a Sonic game that most people up until Gems collection had never played. It has Fang in it. It has two other characters who are not in any other game.

Unless I've been living under a rock for the last... how many years has it been since Gems collection and people have been having wild debates about how much they love countering Sonic's basic combo with knuckles... punch a dunk move? In fact can anyone actually name a single combo move from this game without looking?

It's the same reason why so many people want a Knuckles Chaotix or a SegaSonic arcade port, very few people have actually played the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Characters having weaknesses doesn't mean a game is balanced, even if all of them did. Cream is pretty weak as a character in Sonic Battle, with a generally crappy moveset, slow speed and weak attack power.

Until you infinite juggle whoever you're playing against in her air attack and kill them without them being able to do anything. And then do it again. And again. And again.

Edited by Tornado

There are reasons why Sonic the Fighters and Knuckles' Chaotix don't often see the light of day. Like Hogfather said, very few people have actually played the games. The fact is... both games suck. They're popular in their little niche's, but they're just not very good games.

I'll admit, though, that I do like the added effort of actually making Honey, Eggman, and Metal Sonic playable. That's a nice touch. We usually don't see any crap like this in ports. So, this'll probably get a little bit of attention just for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

topics_03.jpg

▼『ソニック・ザ・ファイターズ』

■メーカー:セガ

■対応機種:PS3/Xbox 360(ダウンロード専用)

■ジャンル:FTG

配信日:2012年11月28日配信

■価格:PS3版800円(税込)/Xbox 360版400マイクロソフトポイント

Realese on 28 Nov.

• Thumbs Up 3

400 MSP? Nice. But still that's confirmation for Japan but what about other regions?

In Japan. At least the Japanese product is not hard to buy for PS3. About the Xbox 360 does not know.

So anything hinting that these ports may come to PC as well?

Sure we got emulators that can run the originals 100% but still be nice to legally have them.

Can you imagine with how unbalanced the game is if there was something like 'beat arcade mode without losing a match' or some other crap, for a game like this which is so ridiculously unbalanced?

I agree that there shouldn't be ridiculous achievements for a game like this, but where is all this unbalanced stuff come up? Are you talking about character balance or something else? Because the characters are fairly balanced overall, though the unlockables might screw that up.

Then again, my second favourite bit is at 1:35 when Fang does a projectile attack which takes away nearly 50%! Thats certainly going to be fun watching the people spam that one eh?
The super cork isn't a very good move. It comes out slow and is easy to dodge/block/punish. For an attack this slow it should probably break a barrier, but nope. It has its uses but trying to spam it would be a terrible choice. The main use I found for it is to force people into airteching into a wall when they are a certain distance from it, and then following up with your blind fire once the super cork's winddown animation finished. The circumstance is a bit rare bit its nice when you get it in. Sometimes it makes people take 2-3 blind fire hits just because they tried to avoid the super cork.

Third favourite is... ... .. why is this even a debate, it's been common knowledge for years that Fighters is not a balanced game at all when it comes to fighters.
I think people come to that "knowledge" hastily. Most people don't even have a firm grip on the basics of this game because you don't need them to beat the arcade mode. When you start understanding the game its pretty obvious how you get around a lot of the attacks people claim are overpowered.

In fact can anyone actually name a single combo move from this game without looking?
Low hook! Edited by Giza
  • Thumbs Up 1

Woo-hoo! Nice to finally see it officially announced for the states! Plus, at only 400 MSP for the full game and a bunch of extra stuff, this is just a great deal. Definitely picking it up on release day. smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

The upcoming releases feature support for full online multiplayer

happy-cat.jpg

I was afraid it wasn't in after seeing the achievements.

• Thumbs Up 3

Confirmed for western release, online multiplayer and all, AND they're $5 a pop?

Fuck. Yes.

Everyone, I'll see you in the StF/Fighting Vipers/Virtua Fighter 2 Tournament(s).

Edited by Treacher

Xbox Live Marketplace page is up:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8025841129e

Join Sonic and friends in battle in this classic arcade game from AM2. Originally on consoles as part of the Sonic Gems collection, Sonic the Fighters is back with an all-new online mode, including both online versus and tournament play. In single player mode, choose from 10 playable characters and fight through 8 stages to stop Dr. Robotnik and Metal Sonic from unleashing the Death Egg II!

Features include:

• True to its arcade form with all-new online modes
  • All 8 original characters and arenas
  • Online versus mode for head-to-head matches
  • Online Room match mode for up to 6 players

DEVELOPER: SEGA
    PUBLISHER: SEGA
    GENRE: Fighting

FEATURES
    • Offline players 2
    • Dolby Digital

ONLINE FEATURES

Online multiplayer 2 - 6

[*]Leaderboards

[*]Voice chat

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg5.jpg

screenlg6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

In single player mode, choose from 10 playable characters and fight through 8 stages to stop Dr. Robotnik and Metal Sonic from unleashing the Death Egg II!

Wow, I never knew that the Death Egg MkII was in Sonic the Fighters. No doubt that StF has now been made part of the Sonic 4 saga. tongue.png

Edited by NightwingKnux
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wow, I never knew that the Death Egg MkII was in Sonic the Fighters. No doubt that StF has now been made part of the Sonic 4 saga. tongue.png

I know this is a joke comment, but the Death Egg II has always been in Sonic the Fighters by that name. I remember that from at least Sonic Gems Collection.

Also, ten unlockable characters? So there's only two on top of the usual eight then. So, who got cut from the Western release?

Also, ten unlockable characters? So there's only two on top of the usual eight then. So, who got cut from the Western release?

I don't think anyone got cut. I think that Sega just left Honey out of the count because they're making her out to be some kind of super secret bonus surprise since she's unlocked via a cheat code. (Of course, her code being shown off in the achievements kind of defeats the point of that, but it's my best guess. :P)

Sure, after all the base for Rocket Metal as a character is already there along with several eggman forms.

Edited by goku262002