Awoo.

PC controller Xbox 360 wireless router vs. wired controller which should I get

Da Blu Hedgie

So how many SSMB members are PC players, because I want to get a PC controller, I prefer the largeness of the 360 controller and I already have a wireless one, because I'm more of a console gamer, but problem is should I get the wireless gaming reciever, even though it's made by a third party: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000HZFCT2 or go for a wireless one:http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B003ZSN600 Oh and if your curious about the curious about the Amazon links I have 2 unused gift cards. also I'm unsure, because I use windows 7, not vista or xp. NO I will not use dualshock controllers or anything that small my hand is too large for them.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remy

• Da Blu Hedgie

• Solly

• Frogging101

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought Sonic Generations on Steam, I played it for a while with a keyboard and then decided that since I've wanted a wired controller for a long time, this would be a good excuse to buy one because this game works so well with a gamepad. So I went on eBay and bought a wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly with Sonic Generations and any other game that supports controllers. Windows 7 64-bit recognized it as soon as I plugged it in, no configuration necessary.

A word of warning about the wireless receivers: I've heard from various sources (mostly Amazon reviews) that the third party wireless receivers are shit and they break after a while for no apparent reason. If you get a wireless receiver, make sure it has the Microsoft logo on it and that it's made by Microsoft. Microsoft ones are good and work well, the third party ones are crap, do not buy them.

Edited by Frogging101

It depends on how much you want to spend. I wouldn't buy a 3rd party reciever in any circumstance, but the official microsoft wireless receiver is very good, so I can recommend it wholeheartedly .

Wireless controller works just as good though, and you don't have to worry about charging the battery. So really it comes down to how much you hate wires. I think the microsoft receiver is usually bundled with a pad, for what it's worth.

It depends on how much you want to spend. I wouldn't buy a 3rd party reciever in any circumstance, but the official microsoft wireless receiver is very good, so I can recommend it wholeheartedly .

Wireless controller works just as good though, and you don't have to worry about charging the battery. So really it comes down to how much you hate wires. I think the microsoft receiver is usually bundled with a pad, for what it's worth.

I actually already have a wireless xbox 360 controller, 2 actually, for well my xbox 360.

The Wireless reciever you're linking to says it's made by Microsoft. It's not third party from what I can tell. In any case, I use the exact same one and it works like a charm. I've never had problems with it.

I actually already have a wireless xbox 360 controller, 2 actually, for well my xbox 360.

Well, on the plus side you'll be able to use all of those with your computer, on the negative side they cost about as much, sometimes more than a wired controller.

It's really up to you. Although it's probably better to get the receiver, as you could play multiplayer if you ever get in the mood.