Awoo.

Things you do to feel like Sonic

GenesisCodeX

I will admit to trying to go Super Sonic. I got all the (toy) Chaos Emeralds. I tried for hours. I had to takes breaks in between and keep trying. I eventually just gave up then and went on to live life....until I stumbled upon a method I didn't try yet....the one thing that breaks all laws and just forces super sonic to happen....

800px-SonicEliseKiss.png

And to my surprise, I felt....Super.

• Thumbs Up 8

We all want to be like Sonic. He's our hero.

Quite frankly, that isn't true. I respect him as a character, and I love the franchise, but emulation of his qualities is not something I particularly desire, especially when I'm practically an anti-thesis anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I once ran holding my arms out behind my back during gym class.

Guilty of this too.

...and also running like Espio did in Sonic Heroes as well (same gym class too).

What else?

I tried climbing walls and gliding like Knuckles, skating like Shadow while rollerblading, once pretended I was a Werehog on a full moon, tried grinding on a rail (luckily I didn't get hurt), tried a homing attack, tried to perform various moves from Sonic Battle, tried double-jumping, still do Sonic's various waiting poses to this day...

Goddamn. I never stopped to think about how much I liked Sonic until now XD

Edited by The Unbearable Ursaring
  • Thumbs Up 4

Quite frankly, that isn't true. I respect him as a character, and I love the franchise, but emulation of his qualities is not something I particularly desire, especially when I'm practically an anti-thesis anyway.

Meh, it's true for me. Without little games like this to play with myself in my daily life, things get too repetitive. Acting like Sonic here and there mixes things up a bit for me. Everyone (Even non-sonic fans) does little things in their day-to-day life to make life less repetitive (like avoiding cracks in the sidewalk, etc.). There was a whole post on reddit about stuff like this, I can't find it though. Some people (specifically some sonic fans) like to throw Sonic into the mix as well. That's how I see it, anyway.

Edited by Frogging101

Guilty of this too.

...and also running like Espio did in Sonic Heroes as well (same gym class too).

What else?

I tried climbing walls and gliding like Knuckles, skating like Shadow while rollerblading, once pretended I was a Werehog on a full moon, tried grinding on a rail (luckily I didn't get hurt), tried a homing attack, tried to perform various moves from Sonic Battle, tried double-jumping, still do Sonic's various waiting poses to this day...

Goddamn. I never stopped to think about how much I liked Sonic until now XD

OH, guilty of those too lol.

Once I tripped and started rolling down the floor instead of you know....falling like a normal person would.....this was last year....in my room....my girlfriend still makes fun of me...

Oh and I also wear red converse shoes since I was in high school.

I will admit to trying to go Super Sonic. I got all the (toy) Chaos Emeralds. I tried for hours. I had to takes breaks in between and keep trying. I eventually just gave up then and went on to live life....until I stumbled upon a method I didn't try yet....the one thing that breaks all laws and just forces super sonic to happen....

800px-SonicEliseKiss.png

And to my surprise, I felt....Super.

you kissed...

A HEDGEHOG???

• Thumbs Up 5

I tried climbing walls and gliding like Knuckles, skating like Shadow while rollerblading, once pretended I was a Werehog on a full moon, tried grinding on a rail (luckily I didn't get hurt), tried a homing attack, tried to perform various moves from Sonic Battle.

Oh Lord, I'm not the only one! I can't tell you how many moves I memorized from battle.

you kissed...

A HEDGEHOG???

No. I kissed a girl. A hot one. And her name was Elina. Elina....Eli.....Elise? I swear to God i'm not making this up. I didn't know about Elise until way after 2006.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic X (Japanese version) used to inspire me to jog each morning back in 2002 ... wow, can't believe it's been that long.

I should probably start up again.

Dyed my hair blue (for Sonic Boom '11) and wore green contacts a couple of times.

Made chili dogs from a recipe in one of the Archie comics...

... and I made out with an Amy :P

Edited by Jix Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I practically said 'I wanna fly high' when I jumped when playing basketball. I skated like Shadow every other day including today. I've done quickstep dodges before.

Sonic X (Japanese version) used to inspire me to jog each morning back in 2002 ... wow, can't believe it's been that long.

I should probably start up again.

Dyed my hair blue (for Sonic Boom '11) and wore green contacts a couple of times.

Made chili dogs from a recipe in one of the Archie comics...

... and I made out with an Amy tongue.png

I don't think Sonic wants to make out with Amy though, so you basically did something Sonic wouldn't do :o...you sly dog

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I'll admit that there's loads of times where I occasionally kick the tip of my shoe on the ground in public similar to Sonic's idle animations in Unleashed and the Advance games, even if there's no dirt on my shoes that need kicking off.

Also, running/jogging has always been a hobby of mine, whether to stay in shape, or just to vent, but games like Unleashed only made me enjoy and appreciate it more, to the point that I tried doing track in school for a few semesters. Was pretty fun, though I kinda sucked because prior to that I never actually did sports or any other extra curricular activities in school, and there I was going against kids who were in sports their whole lives.

I can also somehow do consecutive somersaults without hurting myself, but I could always do that. And, like alot of you *deep breath* <-< >-> I've tried the "arms in the back run" once or twice when on very secluded stretches of road and not a single other human being was around. I blame both being excited for Unleashed to come out and being a Narutard back then. >->; THEY MAKE IT LOOK SO FUN DAMMIT.

*hangs head in shame and sits in the corner*

Lol don't be ashamed! That sounds pretty awesome actually.

Because I'm short I kind of run around people in busy places. I've also slowly rolled down the stairs. I tap my foot when I've been on my legs for ages and need to move them.

I actually wasn't.

to my knowledge

Oh! I tried Spindashing down the wooden steps to the cement basement when I was 4!

It worked too cool.png

Edited by The Playful Pikachu
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess because I am such a huge knuckles fan I tended to act like him a lot through school and onward... I have a similar personality to him as my cousin always reminds me of, I can honestly say that every single time I have been swimming since SA2 came out, I have swam like him (kicking legs, not movimg arms) I must have looked hilarious, but it was all totally worth it biggrin.png

(awesome topic btw)

Edited by Naysu

I can't say I act like any of the characters (used to play Sonic and such in the playground as a kid and all but yeah), I do have several nerdy habits.

Namely imagining a little Sonic running along the walls alongside me when I'm out and about. Sonic Unleashed has only fueled this as the gameplay style fits right into running along straight areas with the occasional grinding pole fence, or thick wall for a quick-step section. And uhh... invisible homing attack chains/spring sequences when I'm crossing a road and there's no wall in sight.

I also love Sonic style zone naming conventions and it gives me great pleasure to just... come up with zone names. Often taking games or things or even RL places and imagining zones inspired by them. Like, literally I'll be bored, open up notepad/a RL note book and pass the time by doing this.

For example:

Based off a chapters from Half-Life 2, as if those same locations were from a Sonic game instead.

Half-Life 2

Speedbreak Station Zone (Point Insertion)

Warptunnel Lab Zone (A Red Letter Day)

Toxic Canal Zone (Route Kanal)

Mirror Lake Zone (Water Hazard)

Midnight Scrap Zone (Black Mesa East)

Desolate Ruins Zone (We Don't Go To Ravenholm)

Endless Coast Zone (Highway 17)

Sunset Sands Zone (Sandtraps)

Dark Prison Zone (Nova Prospekt)

Mechanical Gorge Zone (Entanglement)

Cityscape Scramble Zone (Anticitizen One)

The Catastrophe Zone (Follow Freeman!)

Egg Tower Zone (Our Benefactors)

Atmosphere Edge Zone (Dark Energy)

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

Holy Cliff Zone (Lost Coast)

Half-Life 2: Episode One

Flaming Depths Zone (Undue Alarm)

White Hole Zone (Direct Intervention)

Underground Silence Zone (Lowlife)

Metro Sunset Zone (Urban Flight)

Last Escape Zone (Exit 17)

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Murky Mine Zone (To The White Forest)

Vibrant Cavern Zone (This Vortal Coil)

Deep Valley Zone (Freeman Pontifex)

Green Mountain Zone (Riding Shotgun)

Gunfire Dodge Zone (Under The Radar)

Sprawling Base Zone (Our Mutual Friend)

The End Zone (T-Minus One)

Like, I dunno. It's just fun to me. I think one of my dream jobs would be to be hired by SEGA to just name the zones in each new Sonic game. I charge £1000 per zone. £250 for individual act names. £300 for bosses.

I think one of my dream jobs would be to be hired by SEGA to just name the zones in each new Sonic game. I charge £1000 per zone. £250 for individual act names. £300 for bosses.

I know why it's a dream. It won't happen.

Things I do to feel like Sonic?

Well I always jump on TV mointers when I see them (that can get expensive) and I always try to never be wearing pants; the cops don't like that too much but I just run away from them like Sonic in Speed highway.

a few month ago i admitted in the shameful sonic secrets thread that after work one night when walking home, i decided to give SA2 Sonic's walk cycle a go, swinging my arms, very profound foot flexing and large arced walking also bobbing my head.

then a woman with a pushchair walked around the corner and looked at me strangely.

good times.

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone ever been complained to about their boosting? I sure have.

I'm still waiting for the day when I hear someone talking to someone else about whether or not something I do still stacks up.

Oh my god this topic LOL.

Yeah I'm guilty of tapping my foot at traffic lights and when waiting around generally. I've ran with my arms behind my back and as a young kid sort of attempted to run by rotating my legs, it probably didn't look anything like how I pictured it did in real life though... Lol.

For the first eight years of my life, I was silent. Hey, I only started to speak when the water in my sink turned all gel-like and blue. And after that, every time my voice cracked, everyone was arguing over which pitch was the best.

They even tried to get me to surgically adjust my vocal chords.

• Thumbs Up 1