Awoo.

Things you do to feel like Sonic

GenesisCodeX

So I ran a few times with my arms behind my back during PE lessons last year and......

yesterday during one of these lessons we were outside and suddenly almost ALL boys started to run like Sonic with arms behind their backs. Pretty sure few of them mentioned something like "sonic style". I joined them of course XD and I was the fastest

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a fun topic! tongue.png

Nothing major, but as far as I remember like 20 years ago I used to tap my foot impatiently and would eat chilli dogs, as Sonic was the only reason I knew they existed in the first place. Not to mention I would blurt out a couple of catchphrases Sonic would say in the cartoons such as "I'm waaaaaiting!" and "Way past cool!"

Upon getting into Sonic once again after being away for 15 years, I noticed I starting doing some things that I never noticed that I've done before:

-putting my hands on my hips:

a99f2ef13aa94867d9e9-L.png

-giving thumbs up:

B5oJS.png?6843

-doing brofists as opposed to high-fives:

PjDTd.jpg

I know good and well I started doing these gestures in imitation of Sonic, as I know I wasn't doing them before I returned from my hiatus. I guess Sonic has more of an influence on me than I thought! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of people at last year's SoS pre-party attempted a spin dash thingy, so I eventually joined in too. Nobody got hurt, somehow. x_o

The one thing I do more than anything to feel like Sonic, is to play Sonic games. It's easy to get lost in the speed rush.

I also tap my feet sometimes and say under my breath "I'm waiting", when I get impatient. I have dodged people in malls (shopping centres) before by quick stepping. I did that once to avoid walking into someone, and I was told to 'fuck off'. How nice.

Sometimes, I stand up too quickly and get a head rush. I nearly fainted once doing that.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 2

I must stop giving thumbs ups to people, seriously...

Real life isn't facebook and I'm not Sonic.

I should really stop it.

When I was younger, when getting impatient, I'd imitate Sonic's waiting animation from Sonic 3, with the whole pointing and everything.

And I've occasionally ran with my arms back and attempted the Wheel-o-feet. The latter didn't go so well.

In the past, I too have folded my arms while tapping my foot and also ran with my arms behind my back and I still do sometimes (but only when I'm alone now). I've also made my friend's young brother do this!cool.png

I mentioned this in the "Shameful Sonic secrets thread" I attempted to do a spin dash a few years ago and it did not end well....ended up banging my legs on the table at my friend's house...I was just lucky that my friend's mum was in the kitchenunsure.png

Lately, I've started doing all kinds of poses that Sonic does when he finishes a stage (Mainly the Unleashed, 06 and SA2 ones), I've also given thumbs up, brofists and I've even attempted to do Sonic's slide attack (Unleashed). OKAY YES! I'm also guilty of running like Shadow and Espio tooph34r.png

Edited by Red Raging Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Once I front rolled accross my bed and kneed myself in the face as my feet reached the wall earlier than i thought... It was all on camera too.

"this whole thing was Sonic's fault"

• Thumbs Up 2

I used to run with my arms behind me clenching my fists when I was like 9.......I looked like a dumbass that's for sure.

(I must have been around 6 years old?) I remember after playing the special stages in Sonic and Knuckles I then changed into a pair of blue trousers, put on the only blue coat I could find and ran around in the house a few times pretending to be sonic looking for blue spheres. After getting tired I then went back to the game tongue.png

When I was 10 I remember running around the playground. Sometimes I would be Sonic, then Amy or Tails (would jump as high as possible to fly).

On long car journeys I would look out the window and pretend Sonic was there. If I was in the front seat I imagined SA2 sonic running though the traffic, and out of the side windows would be classic Sonic jumping over obstacles and running over the fields.

The most recent one was were I made Chilli Dogs whilst me and my boyfriend watched lots of AOSTH episodes!

Other than those I cannot remember much else. I did used to stand with my legs/feet in this pose when i'd been standing around for a while too:

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm loving the responses to this topic. One thing I forgot to add is that I once had a competition with friends of who could make the most steps running along a brick wall. I lost but I had fun xD

I've done some very embarrassing things on drugs. One of said things is Sonic related. Oh dear...

Rolling along the University common room as Sonic..not good..

• Thumbs Up 1

I try to be like Sonic a lot, like Tails does/did. Sometimes, I tap my foot and whisper, "I'm waiting" under my breath also. Whenever I'm rollerskating, I always mimic Shadow. I sometimes even cross my arms and glare like Shadow. I sometimes speak like Jason-ShtH-06 Shadow or Free RIders-Colors Shadow. I'm always wearing a Yellow or Orange (mostly Yellow) shirt like Tails (in fact, I'm attached to my Yellow shirt), and I always wear a white hat with Sonic on it (but I hide it under a hood when I'm at school). I also think of myself as the "Smart Guy" in my group of friends, and I'm almost attached to my technology (computer, TV, video games) and I really need to get a iPad to use as my Miles Electric. When I'm angry or in a dark mood, I turn into Shadow. I'm attached to my Black hoody. My spanish teacher is blonde and her name is "Maria", I literally had a flashback to "That gruesome image" from Shadow the Hedgehog when she told me her name. My friends call me Tails (and my other nickname is Shadow.) I also, always carry a gold ring in my pocket, but it's all dark and drained now so it's now my Dummy Ring Bomb. I wear my socks folded down like Sonic's or Tails. I don't own Red shoes, but if I did, I'd probably wear them all the time. I always have a pair of rubber wristbands on my wrists, like Tails black bands or Shadow's gold inhibitor Rings. I can run fast, but I'm not as fast as my friend (the one described below) and I have low stamina, so I could only speed run in short 5 second boosts, kinda like Tails flying stamina. Sometimes, I snack on mint candy. Even though I'm the oldest of my friends, I feel like they think I'm younger then them, but I still feel smarter and older then them.

My best friend is always wearing a Blue shirt, vest and hat, and red sneakers with his white socks folded down to resemble Sonic's. He always runs with his arms behind his back, taps his foot and stretches his legs when waiting, sometimes calls our trio (consisting of me, him and our other friend) "Sonic Heroes". His favorite Halloween creature is the Werewolf, and I think he knows all of the combos the Werehog has. He's a VERY Fast runner, faster then me! He quick steps, drifts, etc when running. He can even boost (just without the blue energy). He gives thumbs ups and does the classic Sonic 1 pose occasionally. We call him "Sonic". He also calls this girl he has a crush on "Elise". And he LOVES Chili Dogs!

My other friend is probably the strongest of all three of us, and also the tallest, he usually wears a red shirt, and is also probably the slowest runner compared to the rest of us, but he's still a fast runner. He has a very short temper, and argues with my blue friend a lot, and sometimes threatens to leave our team. He also likes Grape Soda. We call him "Knuckles".

Edited by tsz11
  • Thumbs Up 1

I tap my foot when I'm pissed off.

I wag my finger when I'm enthusiastic.

I imitate his voice when I'm being smug.

I generally imitate his frantic and cheery body language from time-to-time.

(I also do an Eggman squawk when I'm being evil :P)

Edited by -The Joker-

I try to follow a "What Would Sonic Do?" policy. Yes I use him as my moral compass. Sad but true.

...I've attempted his voice many, many times. It is horrid.

Based on my weight I adhere to his "bottomless pit for a stomach" idea. tongue.png

==

Overall I try to stand for his values of peace and the right of all things to be free.

One time I was writing an essay detailing my antics on Halloween, and my professor said he thinks Sonic is my alter ego. That... well. It makes so much sense it's shocking.

He's the light to balance out my darker thoughts. smile.png

Never mind, while so many of my former friends left the fandom, I could never bring myself to do such. That would be like ripping my soul in half.

Edited by TaniciusFox
  • Thumbs Up 2

Never mind, while so many of my former friends left the fandom, I could never bring myself to do such.

I know that feel bro, all too well...

everyone seemed to change yet I stayed the same,

Ive been told by my one and only best friend (who happens to be my cousin) that I reflect Knuckles' personality, im pretty stubborn in my ways I am comfortable doing things the way Ive always done them, I have been told I should go out and experience everything because Im missing out, but I prefer doing what I want to do, what I like to do.

Im 21 and I still havent had a drink, I dont go to bars, I dont like meeting new people face to face, dont like being around crouds of people, I cant drive (maybe one day), never had a boyfriend (forever alone), yet I feel I have had such a happy and full life, others cant see that I am happy, and as they sort of, moved on with their lives, and Sonic stuff, I stayed here, I couldn't be happier, but Ill always miss those old friends.

but the more I think of it, the more I do realise I am a lot like knuckles .. its creepy.

have been told I should go out and experience everything because Im missing out, but I prefer doing what I want to do, what I like to do.

Im 21 and I still havent had a drink, I dont go to bars, I dont like meeting new people face to face, dont like being around crouds of people, I cant drive (maybe one day), never had a boyfriend (forever alone)

And there is nothing wrong with any of that. That's the way I am right now (except I am 16) and I like it that way. I don't need to conform. I follow my own path and it doesn't matter where it takes me as long as I don't lose my individuality. I'm an aspie and I like being different.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know that feel bro, all too well...

everyone seemed to change yet I stayed the same,

Isn't that the truth. I used to have so many close friends... nearly all of them left the fandom and our common ground slipped away with each passing day. Actually made a picture expressing my sentiments; I refuse to compromise on the subject. Disowning my fanboyism would be like disowning my family.

Im 21 and I still havent had a drink, I dont go to bars, I dont like meeting new people face to face, dont like being around crouds of people, I cant drive (maybe one day), never had a boyfriend (forever alone), yet I feel I have had such a happy and full life, others cant see that I am happy, and as they sort of, moved on with their lives, and Sonic stuff, I stayed here, I couldn't be happier, but Ill always miss those old friends.

And there is nothing wrong with any of that. That's the way I am right now (except I am 16) and I like it that way. I don't need to conform. I follow my own path and it doesn't matter where it takes me as long as I don't lose my individuality. I'm an aspie and I like being different.

Here, here!

I turn 20 this December and my brother has said he intends to get me drunk on my 21st birthday. I have repeatedly stated I have no interest in drinking; it turns you either violent or stupid, and on top of that, horrid hangover. People only drink because others do it... and I've never been one to succumb to peer pressure.

Needless to say I don't have many friends. But I'd rather have few friends than have to compromise on who I am. :\

When I go to the 4th Sonic Boom (I assume there will be one), I am staying sober same as the 2nd and 3rd! I don't need firewater to have a good time!

I guess true to Sonic... I don't mind being the "bad" guy once in a while. wink.png

Edited by TaniciusFox
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not cool enough to act like Sonic, however I think chili dogs are positively delicious.

I have a friend who runs just like Sonic, arms in the back and all. He doesn't play the games either.

I used to try the 'run with your arms behind your back' too. I run a lot in my freetime anyway (did so before I knew about Sonic), but at some point when on a run I just wondered if it would, y'know, DO something to run in that pose. ... It doesn't do much, it doesn't make you faster or anything. If you hold your arms a little more to the side it's good for balance when you're running really fast and doing tight turns. huh.png But I'd not do that with anyone looking.

Talking of running, I love to listen to Sonic soundtracks on my mp3 player when I'm out running. They just kind of, yeah, have a drive for running to them.

I tap my foot when I'm bored. I say 'I'm waaaaaiiiiiiting' when I'm waiting, but as a joke. wink.png

I tried a chili dog, just because of Sonic... and found they're not really my thing.

I would love to have red running shoes. I even had some before, but also before I was a Sonic fan. Back then they were just cool. Now I think they'd be awesome. cool.png

I turn 20 this December and my brother has said he intends to get me drunk on my 21st birthday. I have repeatedly stated I have no interest in drinking; it turns you either violent or stupid, and on top of that, horrid hangover. People only drink because others do it... and I've never been one to succumb to peer pressure.

Needless to say I don't have many friends. But I'd rather have few friends than have to compromise on who I am. :\

I'm 22 and people have been trying to get me to drink even since I was 14 (even though it was illegal then). I never did and I don't intend to change that. Even if I go to a party (and I don't even like parties much)... I'd like to remember what I did there, who I talked to and how I got home afterwards. And I don't need headaches either, they suck.

And if you have to compromise on who you are to make someone be your friend, then they're not friends.

• Thumbs Up 3

When I use a treadmill, I try to hold my weight with my arms so my feet can float in mid air, rubbing against the conveyor belt so I can pretend to be Tails "running".