Awoo.

Things you do to feel like Sonic

GenesisCodeX

Years ago, I used to wore blue clothes for days just to feel more Sonic-like...and that was jeans too, in.the.summer...wasn't very nice but somehow I didn't mind. O: If that was today I wouldn't be very happy lol. I also tried to grind on a slide...and like many others have mentioned, I also ran with my arms wide open. Geez, but that's what a childhood is for I guess.

Today I randomly tap my foot now and then when I feel unpatient while waiting for something...and I want to taste chili dogs because of Sonic.

When I get sick, I make a mountain out of handerchiefs.

Sonic did this? When?!

I try to enforce Sonic/Eggman quotes into as many situations as humanely possible.

...I'm a devil with the ladies...

Edited by -The Joker-
  • Thumbs Up 1

I try to enforce Sonic/Eggman quotes into as many situations as humanely possible.

I have done that as well. I also do the classic foot-tap from time to time, and when I was younger, I did the "arms back" run. It just,..... it just looks so coool.

I've considered phasing through the floor occasionally, and breakdancing after running into walls, but first I want to get the hang of standing on surfaces approaching 90 degrees.

That reminds me of the times I tell bad jokes while awkwardly gesticulating.

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

I forgot this... I pose like this sometimes just for the hell of it! Too bad I haven't taken a picture of that yet.

I make lame puns whenever they come to mind.

I forget which continuity of his likes the lame remarks (I think it was SatAM but I'm not sure), but for me him making lame puns is part of his character. :V

Well I don't actually do things to feel like Sonic, but I guess some of the things I do are like him. I like chilidogs for one thing. Loaded all the way with extra mustard is paradise on Earth! I was also in track in high school, specifically sprinting. Nowadays I don't sprint so much as I just jog around the block now and then, but it does feel great running at high speeds. :}

Edited by Coral

I remember when I was a kid I used to run around with my younger brother pretending I was Sonic and he was Tails. Good times.

Ditto.

When I work out, I put on the Rooftop Run theme and run at 13 mph, imagining myself running around a city with epic speed and parkour moves. Then the song ends, and I'm about ready to pass out.

This video was the source of many injuries in my childhood. Oh lord all those failed walljumps... This song would also play in my head whenever I got the ball in flag football years later in middle school. Touchdowns made me feel like a complete badass. AND I'd top it off with Sonic's victory pose from Sonic Adventure. Seriously try it out in front of a mirror, you'll look like a complete retard.

Edited by thatguyfrom03

13mph (~20km/h)? Wow, that's pretty fast. When I run, I'm not sure how fast I usually go but 20km/h sounds relatively high. I remember running down a mountain after a hike, with a GPS which was reading ~22km/h (Walking down felt like it was taking forever). Looking back, that was probably really dangerous tongue.png. What I like to do is bike at a minimum speed of around 30km/h, just to "feel the speed" so to speak. I bike home from school every day and it's pretty fun. Good excercise too. I should use my phone's GPS to see how fast I can run though, just out of curiosity.

Well, I run on a treadmill, which is relatively easier. Also, I did this once, took a short break, and was able to run at top speed without getting tired for a while. It's like wearing yourself out makes you faster.

I used to bike, but I found a great pair of old inline skates in my garage. I never measured how fast I can go, but I can keep up with my brother on his bike at top speed. I love that rush you get when you're "rolling around at the speed of sound," and skates make it easy too get that rush without as much effort as running. I like to skate around my neighborhood shuffling my Jet Set Radio Future or Sonic Workout Music playlists on my ipod. I'm still kind of cautious, though. My biggest fear is that I'll be at top speed, and not notice a big sidewalk crack or pebble, and I'll hit it, trip, and, still at full speed, skin my face off of my skull.

A few other things I do to feel like Sonic:

Tapping my foot when I'm waiting

The finger wag (in tennis, you raise a finger to call the ball out. When I play with my friends, I do the little finger taunt)

When I was little, I would run around with my arms extended behind my back. Only now do I know how retarded that looks

Also when I was little, I would somersault around trying to achieve a spindash.

I once found a collection of strange rocks that made me platinum blond and gave me the urge to fly into space and kill fools with bodily contact?

No seriously, all I can remember is playing Tails in the playground (Back when Sonic 2 was current) and eating a few chili dogs at one point or another.

I know I used to try to quote Sonic, but anymore I just tell people "It's no use!" I haven't been slapped yet but I know it's gonna happen lol

And I just got myself a pair of skates, and everyone keeps telling me, "SKATE LIKE SHADOW YOU'LL DO JUST FI- and down she goes again."

I will jump on romote control robots to save the flickies inside. All I ever get is batteries :(

When I want to be Sonic 06 or SA1 sonic in the few instances where it happens there, i will get on the edge of the floor and fall through.

I also will speed while driving

• 1 month later...

Whilst I was little, everyone remembers me by my annoying 'I'm Waiiitiiing!' quote I would repeat everywhere I went, complete with the foot tap. People still remind me about this to this day tongue.png

Nowadays, I don't really do a whole lot of things to 'feel' like Sonic. Up until several years ago I wouldn't be seen dead without a pair of red trainers, imitating Sonic's. These days, the furthest I'll go is sometimes I'll dress in Sonic-styled attire, complete with blue jeans, and a dark blue sleeveless top. 

However, next year I plan on making my Sonic imitating a lot more apparent. I wish to start a Sonic cosplay to wear to next year's Summer of Sonic, just so I can finally get my experience to be him smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

I stand like this frequently when behind the register at work.

I also like to play music from Speed Highway or Chemical Plant in my car if I'm driving through a city at night.

A little bit of Eggman has rubbed off on me as I find myself saying YOSH instead of yes all the time.

The closest I've ever come to acting like Sonic is mentally inserting the word "zone" into any name that ends in "hill".

• 4 weeks later...

I am known by a lot of people for doing the poses, quotes, running style, etc. and NOT looking.retarded. Sonic looks awesome while doing it, but people usually don't. BUT I DO! Plus I run daily for not too far. Only about 24 miles running with three hour rests between them.

I'm pretty much Sonic's polar opposite, and I find it silly that I would even try to act like him.

*sudden realisation that poster above me has same signature*

I was told today that I do the foot tapping, and have been doing it for a while out of habit from impatience or just plain waiting. I guess I also laugh like him? I am told new things everyday so I'll keep posting and posting. Oh and lol about the last part of the comment above me

Oh, I almost forgot. Somersaults! I used to make myself sick when I was a little kid rolling around outside trying to be like Sonic and do a spin dash. Then I'd get yelled at for all the grass stains on my clothes lol If I tried to do a bunch of somersaults in a row now I'd probably make myself sick.