Awoo.

Things you do to feel like Sonic

GenesisCodeX

Let's see...

Throughout my youth I styled my hair in Sonic-esque styles, such as the shark fin, fauxhawk, and frohawk. Not only that but I've dyed my hair various shades of blue, red, and even experimented with silver, long before Silver the Hedgehog.

I used to wear various sizes of gold earrings on my left ear, and on special occasions I'd wear a gold finger ring.

I bought a pair of Soap® shoes when I was seven trying to show up some dudes at the skate park, only to be ridiculed at the end by these two douchebags comparing me to fruit booters.

I used to grind on railroad tracks not to far from my house.

I picked up running early on in my life and I'd say on average I run at speeds between 20-25mph, or around 40kph. I also tend to walk faster compared to others, on average 10-15mph, or 25kph. The latter I believe is due to me living in an urban area near L.A. for the majority of my life.

I've attempted some parkour a few times in my life.

"Turbo" was one of the nicknames I picked up from my friends when I was younger due to many reasons. Coincidentally, my GF started calling me that and after telling her about my past, now I use it in casual situations.

How does "Turbo the Hedgehog" sound?

(I totally regret suggesting that last part).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well there's a Turbo the Alien-Hedgehog in the STC canon... so why not?

==

I think my newfound faith has helped me greatly in keeping to the "What Would Sonic Do?" philosophy. It has helped enormously in forsaking vengeful thoughts against those who wronged me in the past.

...nothing against ignoring jerks at least. I just have to avoid wishing ill on them. :P

Today I realized that I can't stay still at all. I have to keep moving. Sometimes my hand or leg just starts vibrating if I don't move enough. This is most likely how Sonic feels.

Edited by tsz11
  • Thumbs Up 1

Today I realized that I can't stay still at all. I have to keep moving. Sometimes my hand or leg just starts vibrating if I don't move enough. 

That's AWESOME. XD

I suppose I'm somewhat similar. If I'm not doing something I start to pace in place.

That's AWESOME. XD

I suppose I'm somewhat similar. If I'm not doing something I start to pace in place.

One downside to it is that I have a hard time falling asleep.

• 9 months later...

I can safely say that a good deal of my core values, in one way or another, have come from what I learned off the series. Same with giving advice. And eating chili dogs. That shit is good. 

Edited by jerry.

I run a lot.

I run track, cross country and local races.

I never did this intentionally to be like Sonic, I just realized a few weeks ago that since I was a fast runner, I could be like Sonic. :V

Eat enough chili dogs to make a gas chamber in your bathroom.

i made a holocaust joke i am sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes in the hallways, when theres a lot of people. I try to quickstep like in Sonic Unleashed.

During my time playing Sonic Adventure 1/2 for the first time my attitude and personality became a lot like Sonics and to this day you can kinda still see it, and like a bunch of people here I also ran with my arms behind me like Sonic for a good few years during school.

I don't think I do anything too major or noticeable, but I do admit that there are certain things I do because of the blue hedgehog.

- When I'm waiting for a while, I begin to tap my feet. I started it because of him and it's just kind of become a natural thing now.

- I sometimes put my feet like this when I lean my side against a wall

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

- I sometimes to what Sonic does in his Sonic 3 idle animation to get someone attention by snapping my fingers and then pointing with my fingers to where we need to go

sonicwaiting.gif

- I tried running with my arms behind my back when I was in Elementary school during P.E. once. It didn't work out quite as well as I wanted it to, so I didn't do it again.

- I tried chili dogs because of him and loved them, so I still eat them from time to time. Got a few of my friends to try them out too!

Step 1: It has to be winter.

Step 2: Roll down the windows of the car while driving.

Step 3: Blast Holoska Day music on the radio.

Try it! This is the coolest thing ever. Heh. COOLest. 

I have ran with my hands behind my back before, but not a lot because I am afraid of tripping and landing on my face... unfortunately, a Sonic-esque face plant would not be as funny in real life :P.

I often tap my foot or pretend to have a watch on when I get impatient (like SA2).

But more often than not, I tend to imitate Knuckles more than Sonic (like who'd guess!?!). Sometimes when I mad I will raise a fist (joking mad, of course! And I couldn't  kill a fly with all the force of my hands ever :P well.. maybe a fly but anyways XD) I also like to stand in certain positions because Knuckles does like this one:

Sonic%20X%20-%20Art%202.png Or this one:Sonic_adventure_2_knuckles-9755.jpg

I also tend to run more like Knuckles from SA2 than Like Sonic :).

I wait: I tap my foot

I run (when nobody's around): I run with my hands behind my back!

And I wave my finger sometimes just out of nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

I (obviously like most people here) ran with my arms behind my back, then that evolved into an Espio-esque ninja run, and currently from time-to-time do Sonic's preparing animation as in Sonic Advance 2, the kicking dirt off your shoes thing.

I tend to imitate Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith, and RCS's Sonic voices. Yeah, I suck at it, but force of habit I guess. I also tap my foot a lot when I'm impatient, and run really fast on the treadmill at the gym  while listening to Sonic music(not mach speed mind you, but fairly speedy :D)

• Thumbs Up 1

As many people mention before, I try to run as Sonic with my hands behind my back (It was really uncomfortable to run like that btw...).

And one time during PE, my class have to run 5 laps around the field, and when I'm on my final lap, I just imagine myself in a Sonic level (With badinks and everything) and ran fast as I can. 

Dodging my classmate as if they are Eggman's Robots, doing some really sharp turns and running on benches.... and thank goodness that I didn't attempt to enter my inter "Sonic" and say "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" and try to do Sonic Victory animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would try to run with my arms outstretched behind me SA1-style at an early age, and sometimes I would also try to imitate Sonic's running style from Heroes, where he would sort of sway left and right as he ran. At one point I even remember jumping and rotating in the air mid-run like Sonic did when he would clear a section in the Rush special stages.

I don't really do this anymore, but for a while I would find myself involuntarily imitating the various grunts and voices Sonic made in SA2 (such as the "hup!" noise when he climbs a ledge) whenever I would be climbing, jumping, or performing a strenuous task.

Nowadays I mostly tend to feel like Sonic in a moral sense. Throughout my life I've always tried to be friendly and outgoing like Sonic would and I always have a desire to help friends (or even strangers) when they're in need. When I'm in groups, I don't like to see people feeling down or getting left behind.

When I was in middle school (years ago) I would occasionally throw my arms behind my back when running. Also when I was a kid my cousins and I would act like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. My cousin (that was the same age as me) was Sonic, my youngest cousin was Tails, and I was Knuckles. It was all inspired by SA and SA2. I never played Heroes as a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a set of ramps behind my house in some woods where I run through all the time and kinda have my own short Sonic level. Not just that, but to this day I sprint wherever I need to go in my house. Several times I go on long Bike rides up around 30 miles total, exploring the area where I live with my friends (whoever they are, I'd be the Sonic of the group). Like everyone else I've ran with my arms behind me and have practiced spindashing (all I can get is a roll or two). During my runs at the ramps, there is a jump where I am able to strike the perfect Sonic Adventure cover art pose in mid-air. When ever I'm around my friend (who has the personality of Tails), I can adapt Sonic's personality to a great extent (cocky, thrill-seeking, brave, and of course, fast and free). On long car rides I often imagine Sonic free-running in the landscape around the car I'm in. I always wear gloves unless I'm in public and it isn't cold out. I work on a couple of Sonic-like celebrations late at night by performing hand stands with twists and catapulting my body off the bed using one foot and pivoting on my right hand. I can play multiple songs from different sonic games on the piano. Most of all, I live by the code of, "What would Sonic do", he's my personal role model and everyday I do what I can to be more and more like him.

At school once for a joke I ran a whole lap around the field stretching my arms out behind my back behind Sonic shouting 'GOTTA GO FAST' and my PE teacher came out from the changing rooms to supervise the lesson and was like 'what in the name of Satan' and then we played Hockey and I started shouting out SammyClassicSonicFan quotes like 'LIKE SONIC' and 'YA FRICKS' and some of my friends actually fucking recognised those quotes and joined in

it was deep and meaningful and it felt exhilerating

ya fricks

• Thumbs Up 1

Jogging on the treadmill while listening to Skyscraper Scamper. All the while imagining that I'm blasting through New York with Sonic speed (I am so sorry).