Awoo.

The Triumphs of the Modern Games

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

The Adventure games are the pinnacle of character development, for Tails, Amy, and Shadow anyway, but it had decent characterization for everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the first time in my life I was able to experience Sonic's true speed in gameplay form instead of watching cutscenes and longing to go that fast in-game.

You know, they could always make a game where you attained that level of speed through skill and physics.......

Also, Generations lets you go that fast at points, just not all the time.

It might just be me, but that game looks a fair bit slower than Generations.

It's actually faster. The Generations one has better level design and more platforming, but at the same time it feels shorter, slower, blockier, and more "stop-and-go" than the original, which had this "constant flow" to it that I really liked.

Dude, chill. When you think negative of everything, that's what you get.

Sorry, what? I actually try to be as positive as possible about the Sonic games.

(I don't want to derail the topic; you can reply in a PM if you want)

Edited by Frogging101

You know, they could always make a game where you attained that level of speed through skill and physics.......

You do realise Sonic is supposed to be that fast naturally right?

Gameplay purposes.

Edited by Zero
  • Thumbs Up 5

It's actually faster. The Generations one has better level design and more platforming, but at the same time it feels shorter, slower, blockier, and more "stop-and-go" than the original, which had this "constant flow" to it that I really liked.

eh. Unleashed hands you the constant flow. Generations makes you earn it.

Also, I like the Werehog. Sue me. He's funny.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry, what?

(I don't want to derail the topic; you can reply in a PM if you want)

I'm not going to PM you. K thanks.

Gameplay purposes.

That's true. I feel like they took it too far in Unleashed.

Gameplay and Story Segregation.

Unleashed is said to be Sonic at 300mph, and it's confirmed his speed is beyond Mach 1, do you know how fast he'd be going past Mach 1?

Gameplay purposes.

Why? He can clearly go fast in Unleashed on his own. Sure, you can add some platforming and physics challenges in, but remember that Sonic's about speed. If you only want to go fast by physics, then 2D games are more your thing.

Gameplay and Story Segregation.

Unleashed is said to be Sonic at 300mph, and it's confirmed his speed is beyond Mach 1, do you know how fast he'd be going past Mach 1?

I don't mean that fast, of course, I mean just "fast".

Edited by Yu Narukami

Why? He can clearly go fast in Unleashed on his own. Sure, you can add some platforming and physics challenges in, but remember that Sonic's about speed. If you only want to go fast by physics, then 2D games are more your thing.

Oh shit. It was fun while it lasted, guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not going to PM you. K thanks.

Fine, I was just giving you the option to avoid the thread going OT so people didn't get pissed. There's no need to be a dick.

Edited by Frogging101

Oh shit. It was fun while it lasted, guys.

Not making a big deal out of it, just saying my opinion.

Fine fine, I'll be off, buzzkills

Not making a big deal out of it, just saying my opinion.

Fine fine, I'll be off, buzzkills

I'm not saying what you think is bad or anything. It's just like the number 1 way to piss a lot of people off around here.

eh. Unleashed hands you the constant flow. Generations makes you earn it.

Agreed, and I'll agree that this is a good thing, and an improvement, it's just that my personal preference in Sonic games is generally speed over platforming. This is why I prefer Sonic 2 over Sonic 1, and Sonic Advance 2 over Sonic Advance 1. I'm just weird like that I guess. If I want a super platform-heavy game I usually turn to Mario.

Edited by The Rotary Rotom
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying what you think is bad or anything. It's just like the number 1 way to piss a lot of people off around here.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't shun people for having a different opinion than us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why? He can clearly go fast in Unleashed on his own.
And I would argue that it was not to the game's benefit to do so.

If you only want to go fast by physics, then 2D games are more your thing.
Why? You can have boosting in 2D (look at the Rushes, Colors DS, Generations 3DS) and you can have physics-based speed in 3D (the Adventures, to what extent they used it).
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, with a name like "Sonic The Hedgehog" and the title "Fastest Thing Alive", I presume it's about speed.

But that's my thought, feel free to disagree.

Agreed, and I'll agree that this is a good thing, and an improvement, it's just that my personal preference in Sonic games is generally speed based. This is why I prefer Sonic 2 over Sonic 1, and Sonic Advance 2 over Sonic Advance 1. I'm just weird like that I guess.

I wouldn't have a problem with games like those if the constant speed was used for something than just running faster, there are a million things I can think to do with Super Speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fine, I was just giving you the option to avoid the thread going OT so people didn't get pissed. There's no need to be a dick.

I'm not being a dick. I was trying to help you keep the negativity in it's place and help you learn to enjoy yourself here. You took it the wrong way. I don't have any disrespect for any of you.

I wouldn't have a problem with games like those if the constant speed was used for something than just running faster, there are a million things I can think to do with Super Speed.

Are you referring to the 2D because there are limitations on what the speed can do in that case.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, with a name like "Sonic The Hedgehog" and the title "Fastest Thing Alive", I presume it's about speed.

But that's my thought, feel free to disagree.

Speed is an element of the gameplay, not the sole defining feature. And if you want to look at the name and say that it is what the game should be about, find a way to equally mix faster-than-sound speeds with being a spiky omnivorous mammal.

Well Generations was super fun (And I hadn't played the classics so nostalgia didn't affect my perception), and Colors had great voice acting (I don't have a Wii or a DS but I watched cutscenes on YouTube).

Generations did a lot of things right. the 3D platforming was solid, the soundtrack was great, the level design was intriguing and complex yet effective and fun.