Awoo.

Beyblade Anime General Topic

SenEDDtor Missile

3...2...1...LET IT RIP!

Now to be truthful, I really only stayed interested in Beyblade up until the end of Beyblade V-Force, so I pretty much know nothing about the series afterwards.

I can definitely say that I preferred the first series, Beyblade, more than I do for any of the seasons afterwards. Yes Beyblade as a whole was cheesy as hell, with the overly serious attitude towards what is effectively a toy with random spirits that pop out of some of them from time to time, to the oddball voice acting and the occasionally eye-roll worthy dialogue and how every single team the Bladebreakers (that's the protagonist team) was "UNBEATABLE" for some reason. Oh, and the fact that for some damn reason, there is only TWO SONGS TOTAL THAT PLAYED FOR EVERY SINGLE DAMN BATTLE OVER AND OVER AND OVER! I still can't get the songs out of my head, and I am partially glad that they added in more songs in the later seasons.

Yet I still liked it.

It's probably because it was one of the first anime I've ever watched, so there is some nostalgia involved, but I think the other reason I liked it so much was because of how much it felt like a World Adventure (not subtle hint to one of my favorite games). I mean, the entire first series went from China, to America, to Europe and to Russia, which definitely made the series feel big and interesting. Everything else afterwards felt kinda small by comparison.

So with that said, what do you think this anime/franchise?

Edited by Enigmanator
  • Thumbs Up 7

What I honestly think is that this really doesn't warrant a thread and should be kept in the anime topic to save space.

That and I really don't like Beyblade. So I'll just leave it at that.

Ripping it up at the speed of sound

gonna tear it up now the bet is down

gotta fall down

to meet ground

and get back up again

LETS BEYBLADE!

ok, this is a fucking ace series that went down the shitter with every new series it spawns.

• Thumbs Up 2

That feel when I got one of the toys and it was nothing like the series. =(

Yeah, I remember some really silly things I did with Beyblades back in an older neighborhood. We were all pretending to be the Bladebreakers and talking about how we could the be next Beyblade World Champions XD. Good Times...

Though I don't think I ever got back my Dragoon Beyblade from that one guy, but eh.

Just another entry in the over saturated genre of "battle anime" where a kids game can decide the fate of the world and the character designs are ridiculously awful. And they constantly get brought to the States and dubbed for the sole reason/hope that it will be the next Pokemon, a phenomenon that will likely never be duplicated .

Damn, I hate these shows.

Considering my waking schedule on some days, I'm treated to episodes of what I assume is the original Beyblade series on CN. The over-the-top, over-enthusiastic dubbing coupled with the fact that they've tried to make a top battle game "epic" (tons of screaming, people getting knocked out and hospitalized and shit like that- over tops) makes me unable to watch it in good faith. Some bits of comedy are kind of funny, but I honestly can't get into it. It's just so embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 2

This series is such a large part of my childhood. Me and my friends were very into it at the age of 4-6. Half a decade later, one of my friends randomly got back into the series, and managed to get the rest of us back into it.

I had a large collection of Beyblades, but have stored them away in my grandparents attic.

I never liked the original series, but I loved V-Force & G-Revolution. I haven't seen the new series yet, but I heard it got rid of the old cast, so I have never felt like bothering to see it.

This series is completely over the top and nonsensical...... And is why I love it so much

Ok, I started watching this because everyone in my 3rd grade class was all "Yo, you saw beyblade?" and I'm like "what the fuck's a Beyblade" so I decided to watch it on ABCfamily, and I thought it was stupid, even to my eight year old mind, but my friends kept pestering me about it, so I decided to watch with them next time, and after the Tyson vs. Kai match in the first season I was hooked.

So me and my friends had basically the entire class hooked, and we always had tournaments and shit in the auditorium for our afterschool program. We decided to form our own bey team, and I used Dragoon. Looking back, it was idiotic(especially since we tried replicating shit from the show), but goddamn it was fun.

Naturally after elementary school, I kind of grew out of it, especially V-Force ended...but then G-Revolution came when I was in 6th grade, and I knew nobody else still played the game, but I still watched it for shits and giggles.

I'm not gonna lie and say it's a good series, it's as merchandise driven as it looks, the characters are basically every single cliche you can find in anime, tournaments out the wazzo, and it's pretty damn formulaic. It's a massive guilty pleasure for me. It's so much of guilty pleasure that I have every single insert song from the dub on my iPod, and I regret absolutely nothing, for those who didn't watch this show like it was a drug, here's one of them:

You may now mock me.

Edited by The Burning Blaziken

Maaaaan, this takes me back. See, I liked Beyblade before it was cool [/hipster]. *shot* I picked up a few issues of CoroCoro Comics for the free Pokemon promo cards back in the day, and saw a bunch of articles/ manga on Beyblade there, maybe a year before the anime dub started airing?

I wasted spent hours of my life and a good few hundreds of pounds on Beyblades (mostly because I ended up importing Japanese models for a lot of them since the UK releases were quite patchy, sporadic and lacking), saw the first three series of the (fairly sub-par) anime dub before buying the two uncut Japanese subtitled DVDs that were ever released. I lost interest a bit once I got to my late teens/early twenties (bear in mind the franchise only really kicked off when I was 15-16), but still went back to them once in a while.

I haven't seen Beyblade Metal Fight/ Fusion so just haven't really stuck with the series. Admittedly I actually wanted to check it out when the series first started airing in Japan a few years ago, but no sites were simulcasting it and fansubs seemed to be nonexistant or very hard to find. As such, it's not so much I've grown out of the franchise as it's just eluded me to the point where I can't be bothered to make the effort to get back into it. If the newer series had been easily and readily available in subtitled form, I have little doubt that I'd still be a big fan of the series today.

Im way to old to have any nostalgia for this show, but im sure i would have liked it if it had came on when i was the right age for it, if nothing else than because im sure i would have loved the toyline.