Awoo.

Criteria for Badge Giving?

Danj86

I wonder if this is the best place to ask. I could ask by PM, but I can't be sure who would know the answer.

Who decides how and when to give out badges? And would a humble member be able to make a formal request to give out badges for there own SSMB based projects?

I think something like that happened with the 2011 SSMB Album, but I'm not sure...

Perhaps I should get to the point?

I've starting this thing in the Showcase section that requires other members to take part, I've got a nice number of volunteers and I felt I wanted to give them something in return for agreeing to help me make somebody else's day, during there free time. For the details of the project, check the opening post in the thread.

Is this something that would be possible?

Gonna PM you about it, so look out for it. Thanks~

Should add for just in general badge giving:

Badges are given out by staff for the most part for random events where others participate or earn them. On occasion we do make little silly ones for ourselves and others as well, because, well, we're fun like that. On a more serious note, we don't like to give them out badge after badge after badge for the littlest things because it starts to diminish the specialness of having badges. Not saying that every badge given out has to a be a staff-brought event, but I guess most of the time it has been. That said, maybe we'll look out a bit more for other community started events if we feel like it deserves one.

Just a rule of thumb for the most part, don't go around just asking for badges, pls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who decides how and when to give out badges? And would a humble member be able to make a formal request to give out badges for there own SSMB based projects?

I think something like that happened with the 2011 SSMB Album, but I'm not sure...

I think so. That's what Eddy did with the SSMB Brawl Tournament we had back. We asked if we could have some badges to give out to participants.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neato!

My original question has been answered, and we are talking about my project through PM. So, unless the staff or anyone else feel this topic can be used for any other badge related questions, it can be locked.

• Thumbs Up 1