Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed -- Portable Versions (3DS,PSVITA,iOS)

Unidus

Well didn't the iOS version of the first game came out like almost a year later? I would expect the iOS version of this game to be the same.

Well didn't the iOS version of the first game came out like almost a year later? I would expect the iOS version of this game to be the same.

The iOS version was a port of the DS game. It makes sense that SEGA waited and then give it a cheap price.

Here? It has to be built from the ground up. 3DS is too powerful along with the Vita. Controls would also be a problem. With no news on an iOS build, I feel like there won't be a version.

Not true Autosaver. The iPhone 5's/The new iPad's A6 chip is almost as powerful as the Vita. If SUMO decided to make Transformed exclusively for the iPhone 5/New iPad, it can certainly run the 3DS version. The 4S can run it almost perfectly. Not sure about the Vita version though.

But here's the problem. The game must be playable with the older iOS devices from 3GS (because Apple still supports 3GS). So I don't know how they are going to do this unless as you said from the ground up.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I imagine they'll just end up dumbing down the 3DS version a bit. Maybe they can afford to put a bit of extra development into it now that they've got a bigger budget?

An iOS version was never announced, just said to be being considered because the iOS version of the original was so hugely successful. I wouldn't worry that it's been cancelled just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the online for the 3DS version is really, really bad. 

For a start you'll be pretty lucky to even find a match, and if you do, you're more likely to drop out of the race due to glitching or errors than you are to see it through to the end. A lot of the online races I've had just randomly disconnect, saying the match no longer exists or giving various other connection errors.

• Thumbs Up 1

I gave up on them for a while, for those very reasons. The only time I actually was doing well on a race - not even winning, but second with a chance - the game just vanished. sad.png .  But it was a lot more common to sit around and never find anyone.

• 1 month later...

Man, I ran into a freaky-if-amusing glitch when playing a bit of the 3DS version again yesterday.

In Samba Studios, I somehow got totally stuck in boat form. As such, I kept, err, gradually sinking through the floor and falling below the level. Every time I respawned due to being out of bounds, I was still in boat form and it basically just kept repeating. I'd have filmed it, but I was on the train home so it wasn't really practical.

Do we know if the 3DS version will get patched at all? The glitch I mentioned isn't such a big deal, but as others have pointed out, being unable to do tricks after an All-Star move is somewhat bigger an issue.

I honestly feel that any future patching is out of question unfortunately. Not even the patch they gave for the consoles fixed everything.