Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed -- Portable Versions (3DS,PSVITA,iOS)

Unidus

I'm sorry, but because I use my vita as my internet browser I cant see the videos, can someone post the youtube links so I can favourite it and watch from youtube please, thank you :). I have mine pre-ordered hopefully I get tuesday and don't have to actually wait a extra week.

I don't get it, the Vita version looks pretty good. So why isn't Sega telling us this?

Could be that SEGA just doesn't care because, the Vita doesn't have a large install base. I mean, they barely cared about the console version, so why would they care about the Vita one? It IS SEGA after all.

Edit: BlueTidal's video alerted me to a hidden pickup that I didn't know about before!

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

Yeah, StarLight Carnival has lost quite some detail. Wasn't it rave heavy in the original?

@Hogfather

Advertising... SEGA?! LOL

You mean the console version? Yeah, Starlight Carnival is all laser rave-y and the track itself pulsates as you drive along.

You mean the console version? Yeah, Starlight Carnival is all laser rave-y and the track itself pulsates as you drive along.

Is it like that in the Vita version, too?

Nothing is removed from the Vita version except for tiny minor things (such as lights). You wouldn't even notice while you're driving.

I don't know, it looks pretty obvious in the stills. The inside of the ships look nothing like they do in Colors even. But this is going to happen with the 3DS version too, obviously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing is removed from the Vita version except for tiny minor things (such as lights). You wouldn't even notice while you're driving.

Actually, the lack of any shaders is pretty noticable. The Playstation Vita should be able to do better than this:

HDrZx.jpg

Edited by TimmiT

Just to show that racing games can look a lot better than this on Vita:

You know citys are just lots of boxes with some textures on right? Count the polygons in that car when it crashes, now go count the amount of polygons in a character and a vehicle. I think you'll find there are somewhat more :P

If you must compare - at least do it like for like!

Screenshots also don't do it justice, makes much more sense when it's moving, animated, lighting and cars are whizzing around and more. It is a peg down from the PS3 - but I think the guys did a really good job of keeping the detail whilst also making sure it ran at a decent frame of knots :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 8

You know citys are just lots of boxes with some textures on right? Count the polygons in that car when it crashes, now go count the amount of polygons in a character and a vehicle. I think you'll find there are somewhat more tongue.png

Screenshots also don't do it justice, makes much more sense when it's moving, animated, lighting and cars are whizzing around and more. It is a peg down from the PS3 - but I think the guys did a really good job of keeping the detail whilst also making sure it ran at a decent frame of knots smile.png

---

S0L

---

Your team should totally record some vita version videos and put them up since you're most likely able to do direct feed footage being developers and all....as for the 3DS version I'm gonna grab that and do that one :3

You know citys are just lots of boxes with some textures on right? Count the polygons in that car when it crashes, now go count the amount of polygons in a character and a vehicle. I think you'll find there are somewhat more tongue.png

Screenshots also don't do it justice, makes much more sense when it's moving, animated, lighting and cars are whizzing around and more. It is a peg down from the PS3 - but I think the guys did a really good job of keeping the detail whilst also making sure it ran at a decent frame of knots smile.png

---

S0L

---

Just so you know guys I personally prefer this over the console version just because it's native res whereas the consoles have jaggies all over the place, of course graphically it's a lot better but still preferred that they went for res over graphics. There are many time were I just crush into walls in Most Wanted just because I can't see what's ahead of me.

But I do think this comparison is kinda bull since you can't really compare an open world game to a linear game. In the end it's all about the game and it's all there(with native res biggrin.png).

Of course there still limits to how far you have to cut things, ie res in NFSMW since IT DOES affect on how I play(plus less cars which I actually like, hate crushing into cars...) at such high speed and precision cutting res should not be an option(but they did and I hate IT). Hopefully Sega won't stop porting over games to the PS Vita.

Edited by Tailer

---

S0L

---

I'd think an open world game would take more than a game with stand-alone tracks, though there is a lot more going on on-screen in ASRT, a lot of the details like the low (non-existant?) shaders, low-res textures and some of the lower-poly models (see Ralph...) are just really noticeable even in motion. Especially the water:

3.jpg

Dunno, maybe I'm just nitpicking but these things just really stick out to me.

Edited by TimmiT

Screenshots look terrible to be honest but it looks nice and beautiful on the Vita. Also, I think it's kinda silly to compare the power of the PS3/360 to a portable Vita. Vita is just below these consoles, so obviously the graphics are going to be dumbed down.

All I can say is, it's slick while in motion. And S0L, if your team's been asked by Sega again to make another one of your top notch games, please make again make a Vita version.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

From the videos, I see that the water effects are still awful. Gamecube had better water effects though, that IS constructed from Nintendo Black Magic.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

...That might even look worse than the 3DS version's water! Could just be the screen though.

I think a lot of confusion stems from the fact that many people were hyping up the PSVita as a PS3 Portable. It is a lot weaker and is more between a 3DS and PS3 than being a PS3. Other games don't look as pretty and many details are gone in PSVita ports.

No. The water is more detailed than that. I just played the stage now. I can see coral underwater just like the console versions. Again, screenshots somehow makes it look uglier. Just like 3DS screens are extremely ugly, but on the device it looks much better.

The Vita is like a PS3 portable. It's capable of porting PS3 games. That's why Transformed Vita plays like the console version. The 3DS version isn't capable of porting the console version and that's why it has to be different.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana