Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed -- Portable Versions (3DS,PSVITA,iOS)

Unidus

I'm just saying that, if the Vita is as great as it is, it should at least have a competent snapshot program. I was using the Wii U as an example because, people tend to goof on Nintendo for half assing features such as that. In other words, I'm saying that the game really DOES look like what those screenshots show but, it doesn't really matter because, the PS Vita is a small screen.

How many times do I have to say that it doesn't look as horrible on the Vita screen itself. S0L's right. It's crisp. For goodness sake, we don't buy our consoles just to take screenshots.

Also screens are taken in JPEG low quality, so our screens will look even worse than it already is.

EDIT: Not to mention our screenshots has been resized. It has to be so when we look at it on our PCs, it wouldn't be a small screenshot. For anyone who has a Vita, place your Vita on the above image and see what I mean.

Did you even read my post? I said I'm sure it looks better on the actual Vita screen and that that one was particularly bad and not a good example. I've seen enough video game screenshots over the years to make an accurate judgement about how things can differ though.

Well I didn't see it on the shelves while I was in GameStop earlier today. Maybe I should have asked.

As far as I know, US release is 18th Dec for Vita and... later for 3DS.

I'll suggest they might want to update that!

---

S0L

---

I thought that. Retailers went and randomly delayed the PS Vita version in the US to December 18th and SEGA didn't say anything. Same thing happened with the 3DS version's delay to February, though we at least had some confirmation from Nintendo. SEGA hasn't said anything about either delay. SEGA Europe has never given a date for the handheld versions. They've been out since the console versions came out according to them tongue.png

S0L, when (do you think) the 3DS might come out? When will they announce that? How far along are you in developing that

S0L, when (do you think) the 3DS might come out? When will they announce that? How far along are you in developing that

As he said above, "later for the 3DS". The 3DS version will definitely not be out before Christmas, and it's looking it's not coming out this year. Sites are saying February 2013, so it's likely the 3DS version will be out on February 2013.

S0L I'll ask again, will there be a stability update for the framerate?

As with the other consoles, we are looking at potential for an update. We're not going to find an awful lot more performance in the Vita version though, unless you're happy for it to not run at native resolution (which I suspect you'd rather we avoided).

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Are the handheld versions relatively close (same characters, tracks etc) to the console version? Just wondering, I'd love for the 3DS version to be as identical as possible to the Wii U one.

The Vita version is almost identical (like 95%) to the PS3 version, which is a console version.

The 3DS maybe different, as by looking at the screens the HUD has been changed.

Are the handheld versions relatively close (same characters, tracks etc) to the console version? Just wondering, I'd love for the 3DS version to be as identical as possible to the Wii U one.

In terms of characters and tracks, they've got the same content, but the 3DS version is a different engine as it has to be written for the hardware, you can't really convert the big version down as the hardware is quite radically different. It's been done by a seperate team to the other versions as a result, though they've tried to capture the same feel and play as the other versions! I guess we'll find out what you think when it makes it out :P

---

S0L

---

All that's been said is we won't have any complex missions like the HD version does (in particular it was heavily hinted way back that we won't have the boss tank mission in particular).  Don't think there's been any implication that some tracks will be completely remade/simplified like they were with ASR on the old DS.

That's good, as long as the character roster and tracks (particularly the track layouts) are the same (unlike they were on the DS version of the original due to technical limitations), then it's all good. :)

Now... before anyone posts any of those oh so hilarious jokes... consider that this is still a product that I and many others here want to do quite well.

I went into two Game stores today, one of them was a former Gamestation which happened to be one of their 5 flagship stores. Neither one of them had the Vita version of this game. I also popped into a Tescos and again, couldn't find any copies. They had the PS360 version, no problems there, but absolutely no sign of the Vita version.

They don't have them - do you mean they aren't carrying them, or that they're sold out of them?  The latter would obviously be preferable to the Vita-supporters, but the former doesn't bode well for multiple reasons, some of which cross systems.

Now... before anyone posts any of those oh so hilarious jokes... consider that this is still a product that I and many others here want to do quite well.

I went into two Game stores today, one of them was a former Gamestation which happened to be one of their 5 flagship stores. Neither one of them had the Vita version of this game. I also popped into a Tescos and again, couldn't find any copies. They had the PS360 version, no problems there, but absolutely no sign of the Vita version.

I saw it on the shelf in one of my local GAME's downstairs in the Merry Hill Centre a few days ago. I don't know about the GAME upstairs there that used to be a Gamestation. 

I have to chalk it up to SEGA West just not giving a fuck. They REALLY should start caring about their products, though. Yeah yeah, no one has a Vita oh yeah yeah yeah sure whatever but, still. At least send shipments out.

Sooo, is Alex Kidd also in the Vita version?

The Vita version is almost identical (like 95%) to the PS3 version, which is a console version.

EDIT: To be clear, yes.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana