Awoo.

Happy 20th anniversary Tails!

Furianu

Hey guys! Today is Tails 20th anniversary so let's celebrate and discuss :3

Here's a picture drawn by Saberclaws for his 20th:

p9180148k.jpg

I'll probably draw something as well or make a video once I have some time left, but at the moment I'm quite busy :/

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought Sonic 2 came out on November 21st in Japan...unless he appeared earlier?

Well how about that, the Master System version came out on Octobter 16th.

Edited by Soniman

Happy 20th to Sonic the Hedgehog 2! Thats what I'm more worried about. Its one of the best games in the series, in both its final and prerelease forms.

Personally, I'm a bit sick of Tails by this point, but happy birthday to him anyway.

Edited by Cyalume

Happy birthday, fox-boy. You all did it together for a lovely twenty years; here's to twenty more.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's almost ironic, that nearly twenty years after he made his debut as a playable character in the Genesis version of Sonic 2 (he was not playable in the Gear Gear/Master System version), that Tails was brought back to the world of 2d games in Sonic 4 Ep2, which happens to be a game which takes an awful lot of level traits from Sonic 2.

My favourite character is Tails (followed by Knuckles). I liked him in Sonic 2, but I then began to love him in Sonic 3&K, because you could fly and swim as Tails. Those features added so much more replayability. You could explore the levels more easily, reach areas that Sonic couldn't. Swimming under water was pretty awesome to. Tails is easily my favourite playable character in Sonic 3&K. The same thing could be said for Sonic CD 2011, as he adds so much more replay to the game. His skill set is just too good to ignore. It was also great to have Tails playable again in Sonic 4 Ep2. There is no doubt in my mind that he improves the gameplay and should be a playable character in every Sonic game. He also had some really cool gameplay in SA1. A lot of the time has had a key role in the plots/stories for the 3d Sonic games.

Funny how, for a long time I thought Tails was a girl, until I read a magazine which confirmed that he is a boy.

It's been a fantastic 20 years for Miles 'Tails' Prower, and long may it continue.

Edited by NightwingFox

I always wondered why everyone thought Tails was a girl. I just don't see it...

• Thumbs Up 2

I always wondered why everyone thought Tails was a girl. I just don't see it...

Edited by Natsuru Senō

Well... I also thought... he was a girl... at first...

Sh-Should I feel bad? ;_;

Tails is probably my favorite character in the whole franchise (next to Sonic). I like his personality, I like his intelligence and I like how he looks (He's really cute). Tails is and will continue to be awesome. Happy birthday little buddy.

Eh Master System version, Doesn't count for me really. Come back on 24th of November when it's Tails' real 20th Anniversary for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Mega Drive (along with my birthday)

Edited by Gat

Tails my favorite character among the franchise, though his continuous appearance in recent years had annoyed many fans. Despite that I did enjoy his change of personality from Sonic Adventure, and I look forward to a more excellent story. Happy birthday to him!

Tails my favorite character among the franchise, though his continuous appearance in recent years had annoyed many fans. Despite that I did enjoy his change of personality from Sonic Adventure, and I look forward to a more excellent story. Happy birthday to him!

Why would him appearing in recent years annoy people? He's a main character; I would think people would be annoyed if he didn't appear.

Edited by Frogging101

Tails is No. 3 on my favorite characters, behind Sonic and Knuckles. What SEGA do need to sort out if they bring him in as playable again, is sort out what he's doing. He's never really had consistent game play since Sonic 2 and 3. I know sometimes the Constancy can be good, makes the series more exciting, but most the time Tail's game play changes for the worse.

If SEGA are just keeping him for cut-scenes and story, well then, keep him how he is!

Tails is either my second or third favourite Sonic character. I don't want to put Sonic down to the third, so I'll leave Tails as the third.

Happy kinda belated 20th to Tails.

Even if he has fallen a bit in terms of fave character rankings, always have to respect the kid, personally.

Happy 20th Tails!

I just wanna say, thanks for taking all those cheap hits in my place; thanks for staying under me in spite of all my jumping on that plane; thanks for getting me up to that big space station; thanks for catching me afterwads; thanks for giving me a lift in that one boss fight; thanks for helping me haul that huge gem back home; thanks for getting me to the special stage in that Flicky adventure; thanks for saving Coco Island all by yourself; thanks for letting me hitch a ride to the Egg Carrier; twice; thanks for defeating Eggman that time; and hell, thanks for sticking with me through some of the most embarrasingly awful voice acting I've ever heard in my life yet remaining endearing throughout it all.

You're a pal, Tails!

• Thumbs Up 4