Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

Hooray, at last! :D and it seems everything from the latest update is in the Android version too - I unlocked Blaze as soon as I started up the game!

Time to give this thing a try... finally!

Downloaded it right away! Yay!

EDIT: Ok well it doesn't work- it just says "SEGA" forever and then quits.

Hmph.

Edited by SuperLink

Nice to have the game on my Nexus 7 and my iPhone. <3

EDIT: Oh crap. Android version is sooooooooooo horribly bad.

MTu3m.png

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Oh crap. Android version is sooooooooooo horribly bad.
Oh no... Don't tell me they botched up this port...

Is this the great finale of the epic saga? Who knows..

wildeggmanbymyself2.jpg

Cheese's expression in particular could not scream "DO NOT WANT" any harder if the artists tried. lol

Mine works perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with it. I'm on an Xperia Play (God I need to update to something new soon.) and haven't noticed any graphical issues, gameplay issues or anything.

Oh my, I just stumbled upon this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjSOqW7tSc

She calls it "The Sonic Jump" and says she enjoys "the twisty motion", in addition to the fact that you "don't even need to, like, touch the screen" even though you blatantly do for menus and double jumping which she believes to be "the best thing ever".

God help us all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Psh it wasn't thaat bad, better marketing than SEGA's own. ;P

So, I'm guessing no one else is having problems starting it up on Android? Bought and downloaded/installed it earlier on me ol' Samsung Galaxy S but it just quits right after staying on the initial "SEGA" screen.

Any solutions at all would be appreciated, gracias.

So, I'm guessing no one else is having problems starting it up on Android? Bought and downloaded/installed it earlier on me ol' Samsung Galaxy S but it just quits right after staying on the initial "SEGA" screen.

Any solutions at all would be appreciated, gracias.

It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note. Initially it wouldn't move left or right when tilting the phone, but after rebooting the game it's all been smooth sailing for me.

It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note. Initially it wouldn't move left or right when tilting the phone, but after rebooting the game it's all been smooth sailing for me.

I must've tried booting it up about 20 times, every single time the black screen with the SEGA logo shows up for about 5-10 seconds then kicks me off back to the Android OS. I've also tried reinstalling.

Very annoyed!!! Mumblegrumble causes the apocalypse with angst.

Having a blast with the game. It's really addictive! It's running perfectly fine on my Galaxy S3. The jump sound effect sometimes only plays the end of the sound but besides that it runs really smooth.

The Android version obviously isn't designed for tablets. Disappointed.

Well, that's peculiar. How does it play on the iPad?

The iOS version works flawlessly on the iPad. Beautiful, crisp quality. That's why I'm disappointed with this Android release.

Incompatible with a Samsung Intercept.

Well uhh...oh well!

Wrong sir, the devolopers are just lazy, "gta vice city is incompatible with my device," then uhhm how am I playing it, sigh I pirated it, but that may be your only choice or you can try to buy the game form your computer, hope there's an apk, stick it on your phone, click it, then try to install.

Ummm, you can't purchase Sonic Jump from Google Play unless you have a device compatible with the game. So it's either you pirate and get the game for free or don't play it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

WTF!? SEGA! I'm need HD ver. on Android. 

I can not normally play on my tablet Asus TF101. For that I gave the money? Sucks. 

Screenshot_2012-12-22-11-37-20.pngScreenshot_2012-12-22-11-40-11.pngScreenshot_2012-12-22-11-38-20.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't put it past Hardlight and SEGA to fix these compatibility issues eventually. IIRC is not the first time SEGA's released a game on Android that's been finicky between devices.

Well, I'm playing this game on my Nexus 7 and I must say, it's pretty great! The graphics are superb, the music is lovely, and the gameplay's just as good as the originals from a few years back. So far, I'm more than happy to have bought it! smile.png

Wrong sir, the devolopers are just lazy, "gta vice city is incompatible with my device," then uhhm how am I playing it, sigh I pirated it, but that may be your only choice or you can try to buy the game form your computer, hope there's an apk, stick it on your phone, click it, then try to install.

My phone runs kind of slowly, if the Google play store says it's incompatible I'll take their word for it and not fuss with it. I know I'd go through the trouble of doing that (for what it's worth, I bought the app on iTunes and can not use it, so I've spent the money), put it on my phone, experience these transparency issues and then it would run at maybe 8 frames a second. It struggles running an unupdated Facebook.

Someday I'll get a more modern Android/Apple device and just go back and play it, it's not too big a deal to me. :P