Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

Okay soo after purchasing it from the Play Store yesterday and finding it doesn't run past the SEGA logo, I tried to reinstall it today only to find it's not on the Play Store anymore! When I eventually found its page it says it was incompatible with my device, u wot m8.

My phone, Samsung Galaxy S, is just about a year and a few months old. Is this what they consider outdated? Because fuck u if so SEGA.

My phone, Samsung Galaxy S, is just about a year and a few months old. Is this what they consider outdated? Because fuck u if so SEGA.

People had the same issue with CD on recent and old phones. It'll probably be fixed eventually. In the mean time, try and get a refund by contacting Google, because you were sold something that doesn't work and has since been removed.

I think pretty much every SEGA release on Android without exception has had issues here and there.

I don't know, Chu Chu Rocket works fine for me.

It runs Sonic 4 Ep2, Monkey Ball 2 and Rayman Jungle Run totally fine, I can't see how Sonic Jump will be more demanding than any of those.

Hmm, I can probably get it to work on my Motorola tablet.

tries that

*many moments later*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-wtyPYCYAAlgQK.jpg:large ew.. well it works, but this isn't right at all!!

Also Sonic 4 Ep2 won't even download on my tablet, the fuck.

That's the problem with Android. There is no way SEGA can optimize the game on 400 devices. At least with the iOS line up they only have to get it work on the weakest one and they're guaranteed to work on all of them.

That's the problem with Android. There is no way SEGA can optimize the game on 400 devices. At least with the iOS line up they only have to get it work on the weakest one and they're guaranteed to work on all of them.

That's a fair point, but do many games have this trouble? I don't think games like Angry Birds or Rayman have an issue where they don't run on so many devices.

If SEGA are really serious about this digital business becoming their primary focus, they need to like, prove it. All their games' negative reviews are from lack of compatibility or errors.

Does anyone know if it runs on a Droid Razr? It's technically not supposed to be compatible, but I want this game so very badly...

Well, I'm playing this game on my Nexus 7 and I must say, it's pretty great! The graphics are superb, the music is lovely, and the gameplay's just as good as the originals from a few years back. So far, I'm more than happy to have bought it! smile.png

Are you kidding? Or there's an update for this already? Because I have a Nexus 7 too and the graphics and presentation are very very poor on it. Clearly not designed for tablets. Look at page 18 and see what I mean.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Are you kidding? Or there's an update for this already? Because I have a Nexus 7 too and the graphics and presentation are very very poor on it. Clearly not designed for tablets. Look at page 18 and see what I mean.

Oh, I already saw that screencap. Here's one that I took on my Nexus 7:

2012-12-23002159_zps544ee7f8.png

I think you might have to redownload the game or something, because it's looking fine on my end.

Oh snap, you're right. I redownloaded the application and it's better. Way better. I apologize. ^^;;

How my first download turn out like that I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been feeling atrocious but this game has made me feel a lot better. Everything is just so cheery and nice.

I like pretty much everything about it. 

I'm on a pirated version, which I just deleted as it doesn't feel right, but I do intend to buy this game as well but I have no money now. 

I can't wait for the Planet Wisp update and I hope to buy this game soon for that. 

If there was ANYTHING I would change, it'd be for it to include lives and checkpoints and make characters more unique. 

Other than that, this is a great game. :)

Says it compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Ace, but so did Sonic CD (sound, but black screen) and Sonic 4 Episiode II (crashes) so I’ll wait till there is either a demo/free version or see someone else with my phone say it works.

"You don't even need to touch the screen." =/

Sorry Blue Blood, but I'll stick to what we have.

"You don't even need to touch the screen." =/

Sorry Blue Blood, but I'll stick to what we have.

I was actually just implying we should see our lovely TSS reviewers on in seductive poses wearing low-cut tops. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh snap, you're right. I redownloaded the application and it's better. Way better. I apologize. ^^;;

How my first download turn out like that I don't know.

I redownloaded three times just now, still the same result, nasty PNGs with no transparency! Very ugly indeed.

I hope it fixes soon.

EDIT: Ok interestingly enough, I looked at the Play Store again on my Galaxy S and it said it had an Update for the game, usually when I check the page it says it's not compatible with my phone, but.. if I was quick enough I could click Update before that popped up.

And I did

And now it's running on my phone, fine.

God dammit SEGA what are you smoking.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Update is live for Android and it's for Bug fixes. It fixes the tiny text font from what i've seen. I find that the game actually looks better as well.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

I was actually just implying we should see our lovely TSS reviewers on in seductive poses wearing low-cut tops. 

Do we even have any female writers? Well.. I guess HogFather could cross dress for one day.

• Thumbs Up 3

TSS' reviews could learn a lot from this.

wink.png

And if you wanna see us TSS staffers in low cut tops... better start wiring us the monies!

EDIT: Also the reason we haven't done it before is because we all look like this:

bikini.png

• Thumbs Up 2

This game is absolutely fantastic, I totally love it and I'm completely addicted to the thing =D despite pouring hours into it, I only just unlocked Tails and Knuckles, so I'll be here for a while getting everything :/ ...which is a good thing since it's so much fun!

Probably my favorite handheld Sonic game since Sonic Advance 1... yeah.

It runs surprisingly well on my phone now considering the rough start, no issues besides lack of exit button.

Been playing it a lot over the Christmas period, it's good fun but man do items take forever to buy! I just reached level 25 and find myself at a dead end until I have enough Rings to buy tons of items for missions.

So basically what do you guys think is the best way to get Rings quick? I wanna buy Amy and items gosh darnit!

I still can't get it to work on my phone. I'm hesitant to delete and reinstall because I'm worried I'll lose all my data. I don't think its just a corrupt installation, though. The irony is that it worked perfect on my phone until the boss update.

Come on, Sega, put out an update fix. :( I wanna get back to playing this again...