Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

Why exactly was this given free during Sega's financial crisis? Game's alright I guess

Sonic Jump was only free because what Blue Speedstar said earlier, it's part of Apple's 12 Days of Christmas app which a free app/video/book is given each day. Sonic Jump was Apple's Day 7 gift. But there was probably a mix-up, the app went free like a day early.

It's no longer free now since we are on Day 8 of the app and Apple moved on to a different thing. 

Yes, they are fine for Arcade Mode, but I think any character is as long as you know how to use him. It can be quite frustrating, however, when you do a double jump and want to land on a transparent platform, Silver/Rouge float in the sky and the platform disappears as soon as they start descending.

Yep, level 30 is the highest level for now. When the game receives another update, there will certainly be new missions as well. There aren't even any missions for Sky Blue Zone yet.

I tend to like slightly slower characters in Arcade. Going faster and falling faster makes it a lot easier to miss the platforms on the way down. Yeah, Rouge can get annoying at times when transparent platforms disappear as soon as they start descending. But I tend to find that its a lot safer using Rouge regardless of flipping/disappearing platforms.

Oh yeah, I finally beat all missions. Now I just need to play Arcade enough to unlock Silver.

Blue Sky Zone has like 30 enemies in each stage.

I'm stuck on beat a Mountain Zone level in less than 15 seconds...

I really hate those timed missions, but personally, I'd just upgarde Blast off or whatever that is to full, and then go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoelse has received a push notification from Sonic Jump today? =p

Last week I reached Level 30 and unlocked all characters and red rings from Blue Sky.

UM.

'KAY

SO, HOW ABOUT THAT REVIEW GUYS

Are you sure you didn't post this before?

I think I remember this when you were discussing SSMB hiring some big busty lady.

Are you sure you didn't post this before?

I think I remember this when you were discussing SSMB hiring some big busty lady.

Vizard posted it on forums, then I posted it on forums, then Vizard directs me to his previous post, then news article :P

• 1 month later...

Bump.

So whats going on with this game? kind of dropped off the face of the earth after december. are they done updating it because I thought there was more characters coming?

Also, can we get a topic title update. its been out for quite a while now. maybe something along the lines of "Sonic Jump (iOS)". 

It's obvious Hardlight had stopped cold on Jump, to work on Dash. They make more money from Dash than Jump. Maybe we will see one more update within the next couple of months.

I saw a comment on Hardlight's Twitter a while back that Jump took a back seat. I hope they at least give us the last Zone. Extra characters I'm not so fussed about; Knuckles is da maaaaaaaan. XD

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post.

Had a Jump binge. I'm getting not to shabby at this, although I imagine this is nothing compared to what ye young scamps with the hand-eye coordination skills and what not can get:

e68bf886-bfdf-4c00-b6b0-2b8ce67a3db4_zps

*Fluttershy yay*

Those are bots with preset scores.

Pretty much. It's like in Arcade modes of old games the Top10 scores are all character names in allcaps and sometimes they're ones who aren't playable.

Cream and Vector still aren't playable and I don't think Shadow is either, who knows if they'll be added in the end.

Oh yeah whoa. Maybe he was released without fanfare? He's not in my version though so maybe it is a hack afterall.

Vector's not in my game either... :/ He's just there on the Arcade mode, waiting to be beaten.... eventually.... *whistles*

Looks kinda neat though, he seems to have a pretty big double jump like Knuckles.

Edited by MamboCat

They abandoned Jump. I bet they abandoned Dash too for a new game they are developing. Since there hasn't been an update for it for a while...

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

I thought interviews implied they were gonna go back to Jump but had to put it on hold while working on Dash? They're probably working on or toying with the next Jump stage/update now.

I said I bet. What I said may not be true. XP

But both of these games need updates. Jump especially because there hasn't been an update since Christmas.