Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/03/sonic-jump-50-off-on-amazon-app-store/#more-17232

"Might as well JUMP … for a Sonic Jump sale on the Amazon App Store!

Sonic Jump is on sale from now until May 13th — get it before it’s gone!

What: Sonic Jump (for Android devices)
Where: Amazon App Store (U.S. only)
Discount: 50% off! $1.99 99 cents
When: Now until May 13th!
Jump: Jump!!!"

"Get it before it's gone?"

Do they mean the sale, or the game?!

Still waiting for Mechanical Zone, here. :/

"Get it before it's gone?"

Do they mean the sale, or the game?!

Still waiting for Mechanical Zone, here. :/

Why would SEGA stop selling a mobile title which has received excellent reviews and has sold extremely well on both iOS and Android? That game will surely be available to download for quite a few years to come.

"Get it before it's gone" means the sale.

Edited by -Bender-

Why would SEGA stop selling a mobile title which has received excellent reviews and has solded extremely well on both IOS and Android?

Well I had a feeling it was the former but the way it's written looks really strange.

Also, marketing ploy on SEGA's part? Make something limited edition so people would go nuts and buy it before it goes? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to play this on mah PC using Bluestacks. Gotta admit, they did a fine job remaking Sonic Jump from Java. Now it's even more addicting.

P.S. How about FINALLY changing thread's name?

Edited by Nik1895

• 5 months later...

Is this the General topic? if not my bad.

So chatter is that Jump got an update on Google Play, just a bugfix thing or is it something else?

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the General topic? if not my bad.

So chatter is that Jump got an update on Google Play, just a bugfix thing or is it something else?

Sonic Jump has received another update on android today:

• Loading time optimised across all devices.
• Great Value Ring Bundle now gives 25% more gold rings
• General bug fixes
• Support for future update added

Apparently the iOS version has also received an update,

Just about to post that! :P

Wonder if any new levels are coming soon? It said "support for future update" so they must have something planned

Does that mean they are finally go back to supporting this game?!

I certainly hope so.

I re-installed Jump and played through all Green Hill acts. The previous version on my (android) phone had a few problems. I often experienced slowdown on the menu screens and the game would sometimes freeze meaning I had to turn off my phone and on again. Also occasionally when I wasn't even playing the game a message would sometimes appear saying that the 'Sonic Jump application had shutdown'.

However, since today's update it plays much better. I no longer experience any of the above problems.

I did notice in the first few acts of Green Hill that some 'square' sections of the background would temporarily turn black, until you jumped high enough and the background would then be back to normal. Other than that, no issues. All in all a good update!

Edited by -Bender-

I'm very relieved Vector, Cream, Shadow as well as the Mechanical and Cosmic Zones will eventually be added to the game, as I enjoy Sonic Jump very much. I won't expect anything soon, though, as I've unfortunately done so the whole last year, but it's nice to know the game has not been forgotten and will be finished eventually.

Edited by LukA8

Is this game worth getting for myself? Since unlike Dash that I got for free, I don't see this game for free, so it would have to be worth it for me to do so. I'm not that into the digital stuff usually, so it really does have to warrant me actually one day "paying" for something like this.

Sonic Jump has received yet another update on android today. That's three updates in four days. 

Edited by -Bender-

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump.

I was wondering... do you think this game will ever be for free on the google store again?

I'd like to download it, but I'm no expert in mobile games so I don't know if it has any chances to be available for free at this point, If not, I guess I'll have to buy it.

I don't think you should buy it because the support for this game has been dropped. We are still waiting for that last zone for over a year.

Like hatsune said, if it's free by all means get it, but I wouldn't buy it, I did and I've hardly touched it really, not quite as pick up and play as dash and it's had no major updates since I got it (aside from the occasional "bug fixes"

Generally, are this kind of games made available for free long time after they've been abandoned? Probably not, that means I'll never get to play it.

It costs 0.89 now. It looks cool from what I've seen, there's a lot of stages, bosses and characters with different physics and abilities, unlike Dash.

It's totally up to you, I've given you my view on the game, there's 40 levels and 8 bosses and sure tons of characters, but you have to unlock them by levelig up by doing missions and THEN save up the rings to buy them, it doesn't help that some missions require you to buy the character or other power ups to complete. If the prices were more bearable for the characters I might have played it more, but grinding for rings on this game is really boring and fustrating

Yeah, but I DON'T want to buy it, that's what my initial question was for. People assumed I wanted to spend money for it.

Thanks for your advice though, Sonic Jump is very unfair, but I'm pretty sure that is the philosophy of most ios games.

You missed the chance to download it for free when it was part of iTunes 12 days of Christmas 2012. Don't think it'll be free again for a long time, if not ever.

It's such a tiny teeny weeny little price I don't think you've really got anything to lost by paying for it. The game is more full of content than Dash is anyway, with a story mode, arcade mode and various  characters. Considering the fact that it's old now and that Dash is way more popular than it ever was, it probably won't be free again any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dash is only popular because it's free to download. When it was first released, it wasn't popular (except for the first week) as you have to pay $3.

Dash is only popular because it's free to download. When it was first released, it wasn't popular (except for the first week) as you have to pay $3.

Partially true. But the fact that Dash is easier to pick up and play than Jump is contributes to it's popularity. I can imagine that if both games were free, Dash would still be more popular because of that, and would also generate more revenue for SEGA because the micro-transactions are much more enticing.