Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

Never played the original Sonic Jump, but I'll surely be getting this tomorrow. It definitely seems worth the $2.00.

I don't have a problem with the art; I actually really like it! They should stick with this art for handheld games. Though it's nothing fancy, it's very clean and polished.

This artstyle works so well for this series, I seriously hope it comes back for the next game. Please Sega, of all things you could do right.

The cel-shaded look looks just fine. It's just a phone game so who gives a damn.

As for the artstyle, it looks like something that could fit in one of the storybook games, but I wouldn't want it for cutscenes in console games.

So................where was it confirmed that this game has multiple playable characters? It could be just that Sonic meets them in the story but you can't play as them...............................

Not sure. Sonic is the only sprite set that was leaked so far I don't think Woun got everything. Knuckles and Tails can be seen having cutscene and main menu selection icons.

So................where was it confirmed that this game has multiple playable characters? It could be just that Sonic meets them in the story but you can't play as them...............................

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 7

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Look at the sprites rip a few posts back. Amy, Tails and Knuckles are clearly playable. I think the others will be playable too since the version of the game those pics were ripped from is incomplete. Even speaking of levels, there is only green hill in there as of now. The full version of the game is going to come out pretty soon.

I think Woun or Mefiresu have already uploaded this but just in case.. for those who didn't see this.

hdplayerknuckles.png

There are also sprites rip like this one for Tails and Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crap, you caught it. I meant ArtFenix since he posted it originally. sorry man.

Oh, no prob.

Anyway, artstyle looks awesome, and while I'd prefer if Unleashed/Generation's artstyle stays for 3d games, I'd love to see this artstyle become the permanent style for 2d hand-held or downloadable games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gee, I wonder how the evidence of playable characters other than some variant of Sonic will be received in... CERTAIN circles...

Gee, I wonder how the evidence of playable characters other than some variant of Sonic will be received in... CERTAIN circles...

Since this is a small Iphone game, it'll probably fly under those people's radar.

I wonder if we scream loud enough, SEGA will hear us and listen to us.

Because the idea of using art renders similar to these for future games is definitely something to scream loudly about. <3

• Thumbs Up 2

SEGA Logic

Make fantastic music and remixes for small portable phone game.

Can't make a decent track for mega hyped full fledged Sonic Classics sequel.

SEGA Logic

Make fantastic music and remixes for small portable phone game.

Can't make a decent track for mega hyped full fledged Sonic Classics sequel.

What game are you talking about exactly? I think in most Sonic games the soundtrack has been amazing.

What game are you talking about exactly? I think in most Sonic games the soundtrack has been amazing.

I'd guess Sonic 4, since that was a mega hyped sequel to the Classics with a soundtrack that the fanbase panned.

• Thumbs Up 4

fuck why does it always take me to a random post in the middle of the thread instead of the last post?

Edited by Solkia-kun

fuck why does it always take me to a random post in the middle of the thread instead of the last post?

Clicking the link from the main page takes you to the first unread post since you checked the thread last. There's no "Go to Last Post" button.

Music is sounding swell. I'm not one for these kinds of games, but my brother definitely loves them. I'll have to let him know about this.